What's new

The Jazzfanz Official "Let's hold hands and pray for Trey Burke"/ KOLinds Please Draft Burke thread.

for the record, I was excited by the emergence of Shroeder as a prospect. I thought Trey would be gone long before our pick so I wasn't even talking about him. I liked the FO's aggressiveness to move up and get the guy they wanted, and I optimistically expected Trey's improvement between is first and second year of college to continue. I thought he'd be better at changing speeds and shooting off the dribble. I never dreamed he'd be as physically outmatched as he's been on certain nights.

This is my way of saying that I liked the Burke pick, but never homeristically shut the door on the Burke-Shroeder debate. I've watched a lot of Hawks bball the past two years and I'm surprised by how quickly Dennis has shutdown that discussion.... on both sides of the floor.

There were questions about Dennis's mental game... he seems to have worked that out pretty well... and quickly. Great get by the Hawks.

comparisons between the two players were never shut-- merely, the beyond-moronic assertions that Schröder > Burke with meagre sample sizes were treated as such. If orangello waited two full seasons to launch "well we should have simply drafted Dennis instead of trading up for Burke", I don't think he would have received 1% of the backlash that he did. Instead, he's been beating that dead horse since before Burke even played his first regular season game with the Jazz. He deserved the reaction he got.

Burke has impressed every non-biased Jazzfan with how good of a teammate he has been throughout his first two years with the team.

Agreed, good teammate. That's why I expect him to take it with a smile when he's relegated to actual backup minutes.

comparisons between the two players were never shut-- merely, the beyond-moronic assertions that Schröder > Burke with meagre sample sizes were treated as such. If orangello waited two full seasons to launch "well we should have simply drafted Dennis instead of trading up for Burke", I don't think he would have received 1% of the backlash that he did. Instead, he's been beating that dead horse since before Burke even played his first regular season game with the Jazz. He deserved the reaction he got.

....and we know how much of a thrill you get doling out your unimpeachable justice.

Personally, I get hardy laughs out of the idea that any Burke fan would, at any point in Burke's fabbbbulous career, be smd'ing at a Shroeder fan for any reason whatsoever. The meager sample sizes go both ways. ....And then there's the fact that Dennis has basically shut the door by the end of their SECOND SEASON.

Keep praying brough

...I guess if orangello would have started this whole business by calling Dennis BLACK GERMAN MOSES ... and then made some funny photoshops ... then maybe a different kind of justice would have been warranted.

EYE

Right, because elite length and speed are the only two criteria that determine the success of a player. A shame we didn't draft Babbit/Henry/etc over Hayward.

Burke has impressed every non-biased Jazzfan with how good of a teammate he has been throughout his first two years with the team.

To bad he hasn't impressed them with his play!

BOOM!!!!

....and we know how much of a thrill you get doling out your unimpeachable justice.

Lol. Dude. You don't even ****ing know me. Keep grasping at straws.

Personally, I get hardy laughs out of the idea that any Burke fan would, at any point in Burke's fabbbbulous career, be smd'ing at a Shroeder fan for any reason whatsoever.

Well you're a moron then.

The meager sample sizes go both ways.

What-- by me saying "let's wait for a couple years before we call Burke a bust"-- this is somehow being harmed by the small sample size argument?

....And then there's the fact that Dennis has basically shut the door by the end of their SECOND SEASON.

Keep praying brough

Riiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtt. Cuz you always know what you have with your players by the end of their sophomore year in the NBA. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Dude. You don't even ****ing know me. Keep grasping at straws.

Well you're a moron then.

What-- by me saying "let's wait for a couple years before we call Burke a bust"-- this is somehow being harmed by the small sample size argument?

Riiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtt. Cuz you always know what you have with your players by the end of their sophomore year in the NBA. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you as well as you know me... that doesn't stop you from outlining the boundaries of what's good and what isn't. It's laughable that you deny your subtle and not-so-subtle policing function on this site. Laughable.

Where have a called Burke a bust? I'm simply saying that Shröder is a better player than him, and that Burke has NEVER provided a consistent stretch of play for a legitimate case to be made on his behalf. What's moronic is the bevy of (funny? sad?) posts you've authored in support of him where there is no evidence beyond homeristic fandom... and then, on the other hand, your insistence on sample size and rational argument for other players.

Shröder > Burke, bro. It's over.

I know you as well as you know me... that doesn't stop you from outlining the boundaries of what's good and what isn't. It's laughable that you deny your subtle and not-so-subtle policing function on this site. Laughable.

Where have a called Burke a bust? I'm simply saying that Shröder is a better player than him, and that Burke has NEVER provided a consistent stretch of play for a legitimate case to be made on his behalf. What's moronic is the bevy of (funny? sad?) posts you've authored in support of him where there is no evidence beyond homeristic fandom... and then, on the other hand, your insistence on sample size and rational argument for other players.

Shröder > Burke, bro. It's over.

Almost every damn poster on this site does that. Including you and Dala.

Backseat modding fracts for everyone!!!!

I am a merciful God.

Le'Veon Bell ✔ @L_Bell26
I'll be appreciated one day...by someone
Retweeted by Trey Burke

Listening to BolerJack on 1280--'Dante is the Future, he has to be, he is the high lottery pick.'

It is amazing to me how the 19 year old #5 pick is protected while the 22 year old #9 pick is slaughtered.

Burke won't be a jazzman for long IMO.

As fans we really should temper our expectations of these draft picks.

Unless you have a forwards time machine. And space-time is cyclical.

Or your team just drafted LeBron James. Or his future clone.

The best thing to come from that draft (besides the Gobfather) was knowing that the Jazz have a GM willing to take some risks and try things.

Unfortunately Trey didn't work out as planned but Rudy makes up for that and much more.

Teams have spent a whole season tanking for the likes of Gobert. That's the luckiest pick since the ones that nabbed Stockton and Malone.

What REALLY has me impressed with his "off-court" persona were his dick pics, public relationship quarrels, and publicly insulting that handicapped guy

What REALLY has me impressed with his "off-court" persona were his dick pics, public relationship quarrels, and publicly insulting that handicapped guy

All that stuff would be forgivable if he was a good basketball player. Since he's not, I'd say he has a serious character issue and should be culled from the herd.

In defense of Trey, if he could let go of his own perceived greatness and start buying into what is being asked by the coaches (moving the ball, playing hard on defense and most importantly, picking up the pace) then he'd be a much better contributor for this team next year.

Instead, it feels like he looks for his own shot too much, slows down the pace for himself (screwing over his teammates) and then points the finger at everyone for his defensive inefficiencies.

Am I asking for too much?