What's new

The Jazz's Next 20 Games -- Jazz go 10-10

How many wins will the Jazz have in their next 20 games?

• Total voters
Perhaps I’m the only one still leaning toward success. Believing If we make a trade it’s to get better, not to tank. I mean we can buy stars if we figure out which pieces we are keeping

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I think DA and JZ are mega opportunistic right now... so if the opportunity arises to get more good draft capital they will do it... or if the opportunity arises to get a guy in Lauri's tier of player at the right price they would do it.

I don't think they have a hard and fast plan/roadmap. I think it is more a general direction and they are figuring some **** out as they go.

Jazz beat a Pels team that lost Brandon Ingram in the 1st half. They beat a Grizzlies team without Ja Morant by 1 point. They beat that same Grizzlies team without Desmond Bane, though they were pretty convincing. Jazz could very easily be 4-4 right now, or even 3-5. I think they're still likely a below .500 team.

Jazz beat a Pels team that lost Brandon Ingram in the 1st half. They beat a Grizzlies team without Ja Morant by 1 point. They beat that same Grizzlies team without Desmond Bane, though they were pretty convincing. Jazz could very easily be 4-4 right now, or even 3-5. I think they're still likely a below .500 team.

But we aren’t 4-4 or 3-5 we are 6-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the same Grizzlies who were 20-5 without Ja last year and then we beat them with Ja. Not just beat them but beat the brakes off of them. We also were up 20 in the 4th on the Pelicans.

Don’t try and diminish what we having going here.

That's one with the Memphis win.

That's two with the other Memphis win.
I picked 8 wins. I had them losing on saturday (I didn't know morant would be out of course) and had them winning last night.

Yeah, the same Grizzlies who were 20-5 without Ja last year and then we beat them with Ja. Not just beat them but beat the brakes off of them. We also were up 20 in the 4th on the Pelicans.

Don’t try and diminish what we having going here.
Yep. We have been missing some rotation guys as well. And it isn't like we are a team loaded with all stars or something. We are rag tag bunch of try hards with a 14 year old rookie head coach. Credit needs to be given.

Yep. We have been missing some rotation guys as well. And it isn't like we are a team loaded with all stars or something. We are rag tag bunch of try hards with a 14 year old rookie head coach. Credit needs to be given.
Great post. 14 year old rookie coach, I lost it right there.

Also, we've played Wolves, Nuggets (twice), Pelicans and Grizzlies (twice). That's 6 games against presumably playoff teams. Pretty darn solid start to the season. And Vivint looks and sounds like a fortress.
The fans have been amazing. I saw so many fans on facebook say that they are done with the jazz after they made moves that appeared to be tanking moves. Nice to see the fans are still representing.

I honestly thought we'd win 6 or 7 out of 20. I don't get it. I don't get why our guys are so open and why we're scoring so many points. Jazz made the Grizzlies defense look clueless last night with how open our guys got.

Jazz are 2nd in the league in made 3s per game, ahead of GSW, DAL, DEN, MIL, etc. They're also 8th in Def. Rtg. despite having small guards.

I remember one year the Nuggets (or was it the Hornets>) started their season 11-0; still, they didn't clear 50 games by the end of the season.

There's a lot of season left-- but the early returns are extremely encouraging. I think this team is going to make the play-in barring injuries.

Which is where Danny and JZ come in… right now a Mike/Gay/Beasley for Russ and seconds should look appealing to both teams. We can keep most of the guys we want… I like Beasley okay but I’d be cool seeing what Simone and Ochai have… plus I don’t think he will be worth his option price next year. Clears money from the books allows lakers to keep their season going without giving up the picks.

Also while it would be hilarious for the Lakers to send a top 4 pick to NO it would make that roster more of a juggernaut and that isn’t ideal… the lols would be fun for a minute doe.
Jazz will never do that if the roster is winning. I think it would be too much of a slap in the face to Hardy and the players for just 2nd rounders.

Jazz will never do that if the roster is winning. I think it would be too much of a slap in the face to Hardy and the players for just 2nd rounders.
Agree… I think we may be too good to tank even if we offload those guys.

I remember one year the Nuggets (or was it the Hornets>) started their season 11-0; still, they didn't clear 50 games by the end of the season.

There's a lot of season left-- but the early returns are extremely encouraging. I think this team is going to make the play-in barring injuries.
Jazz schedule gets easier as the season goes on

Kinda fine though, we honestly have a lot of leverage to believably say we're fine just holding what we got if the offers aren't good.