What's new

The Julius Randle for Mike Conley article.

Conley is proof that people will bitch and cry about anything. Dude put up 20 and 5 in the playoffs on high efficiency and yall want to cry cry cry cry cry after crying about Rubio for the past two years because he couldn't shoot.

It's become one of the most exhausting things about this site. Yall really have no IQ and just complain to complain.
putting up 20 in a series which Jamal frickin Murray put up 30pt is not something worth bragging about. nether team put up any meaningful defensive effort until G7 and what does Conley's stats look like in G7?

The team is also much more effective with Conley off the floor according to NBA on/off court stats.

Randle as a backup PF will be good, to add scoring off the bench, but that's the end of what he can offer us.

Randle as a backup PF will be good, to add scoring off the bench, but that's the end of what he can offer us.
Then it's gonna be Conley 2.0. He's gonna average something like 15 and 8 then happily allow his matchup to drop 20 and 10. The team would have a better stats with him off the floor versus him on the floor.

I thought we were getting the draft compensation. Makes no sense the other way around. We become a worse team and give up the draft picks? No thanks.

Conley is the expiring contract, that's the better trade chip. If we get fleeced by the GD Knicks I'll be pretty bummed.

If they want Mike I'd consider Bullock and Frank for Mike. Creates a huge trade exception we can pair with our pick to fill other holes or we can use it in sign and trade scenarios.

Baynes would be a nice get but I would take Favors also and maybe first

Then trade Ed Davis to Portland for Hezonja (can't remember who suggested this but makes a lot of sense)

Mitchell, Ntilikina, Pritchard (2nd round pick)
O'Neal, Clarkson, Hezonja, Oni
Bogy, Ingles, Elijah Hughes (1st round pick)
Randle, Gibson, Brantley
Gobert, Favors

Last edited:
Forking over more picks to the Knicks is something that I do believe in about 4 years teams will regret. Utah is obviously in a different conference so it's not as big a deal.

The general concept of this trade where youre swaping conley for randle, its interesting. I dont hate it either way, but ultimately I wouldnt wish that upon Conley. The NY media is unkind to highly paid older players who dont produce. They'll compare him to the likes of a very washed up steve francis and stephon marbury.

Conley is proof that people will bitch and cry about anything. Dude put up 20 and 5 in the playoffs on high efficiency and yall want to cry cry cry cry cry after crying about Rubio for the past two years because he couldn't shoot.

It's become one of the most exhausting things about this site. Yall really have no IQ and just complain to complain.

Exhausting is picking and choosing stats. Look at facts:

- Conley looked great when he came back for Games 3 and 4. He averaged 26.5 and 4 assists. That's when as a team, we blew out Denver. You always talk about "getting stats" guys. Well, that was Conley Games 3 and 4.

- When Denver adjusted when we lost 3 straight games, Conley shot 14-38 overall with 6 assists per game. And oh yeah, he sucked at defense the whole series.

You keep saying Conley fits us perfectly. On defense, he clearly doesn't. On offense, I argue that he doesn't either. Monta Morris was enough to make him struggle for 3 straight games. Boom, we're out in Round 1 again.

I thought we were getting the draft compensation. Makes no sense the other way around. We become a worse team and give up the draft picks? No thanks.

Conley is the expiring contract, that's the better trade chip. If we get fleeced by the GD Knicks I'll be pretty bummed.

This baffles me.

Conley $34.5 million
Randle $18.9 million (only $4 million guaranteed for 2021-22)

How in the world is $15.6 million irrelevant to some of you?

Worse player after watching how Conley didn't fit and we had glaring issues at backup PF/C? Debatable

The the #1 priority for the Knicks is trading Randle, you have to question how much of an asset (more likely detriment) he would be. We are definitely getting the worse player.

It's insignificant in that it wont let the Jazz do anything they cant do with Conley on the team. It in no way offers any additional avenue for the Jazz to get better, only worse.

But yes, it would save Greggy and the Millers some money;
The Jazz are not going above the tax in this economic climate, so the cap savings mean more money to spend on the team.

The the #1 priority for the Knicks is trading Randle, you have to question how much of an asset (more likely detriment) he would be. We are definitely getting the worse player.

I agree. Like I said prior - the draft compensation expectations by NY will determine if I'm for this trade or not.

Conley is a better player than Randle, but is he a better fit?

At $15.6 million less, I know that Randle is the better value without a doubt. So I ask the question - is Conley better than Randle+MLE+BAE?

Doesn't it help them avoid the luxury tax while using the full MLE and BAE?
I am not trying to go after Randle, but the cap ramifications for next season would be considerable which is the biggest selling point. In no universe would I send them a pick to take their bad longer-term salary.

I would rather just get the Knicks to absorb Conley altogether but that seems like a pipe dream. That's the only scenario I'm sending a pick to NY.

I agree. Like I said prior - the draft compensation expectations by NY will determine if I'm for this trade or not.

Conley is a better player than Randle, but is he a better fit?

At $15.6 million less, I know that Randle is the better value without a doubt. So I ask the question - is Conley better than Randle+MLE+BAE?

Would anyone describe trading Conley as our #1 priority this summer? That's the major cause of my hesitancy. What don't we know?

Mitchell would throw a fit.
I would assume we had a target and deal done with the trade exception if we did something like that. Not sure he'd throw a fit as Frank and him are homies apparently. If he thought it was a huge step back then maybe.

The trade exception of $20M+ can basically be used as cap space for a sign and trade. Say the apple of my eye Christian Wood wanted to sign with us we could work a sign and trade with Detroit and send them a draft pick for their trouble. We could still use MLE and BAE so wouldn't have to necessarily use the whole dollar amount of the trade exception... so it could add several pieces.

I'm cool with keeping Mike honestly... just wish we'd configure lineups differently. If NY wanted a deal the one I outlined is much better than a Randle centered deal imo.