What's new

The Lagoon

RandyForRubio

Considering taking my family (5,4,2) to the Lagoon for a weekend trip. Is it worth a 6 hour drive? How are the covid restrictions in Utah?

Thanks for any and all advice!

I LOVE lagoon. Wish the water in the water park wasn't so damn cold but everything else about lagoon is great.
I have been to a 6 flags, islands of adventure, and Disneyland and I think lagoon beats them all.

No idea what it's like currently with covid restrictions and whatnot though, and 6 hours is a hell of a drive but I love lagoon. So much fun

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lagoon currently has “masks recommended”. That’s the limit of their restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The Lagoon sounds really funny. Lagoon used to let you bring your own cooler in which I really liked. You can bring your own food and drinks including booze. I am not sure if they still allow this. They used to not sell any booze there though and I think that has changed. The rides are pretty fun its kind of nice to do kind of a picnic and also do some rides.

Considering taking my family (5,4,2) to the Lagoon for a weekend trip. Is it worth a 6 hour drive? How are the covid restrictions in Utah?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Have u been to Silverwood for comparison? I drove the fam there last year (12 hrs away plus stops) and thought it was a cool park, but as far as rides go Lagoon is better IMO.

Silverwood was awesome during early days of Covid. There was hardly anyone in the park. I took some pictures of the shops up front on their boardwalk, not two soles in my pics. Great time, and a beautiful park setting. Lagoon is better.

The Lagoon sounds really funny. Lagoon used to let you bring your own cooler in which I really liked. You can bring your own food and drinks including booze. I am not sure if they still allow this. They used to not sell any booze there though and I think that has changed. The rides are pretty fun its kind of nice to do kind of a picnic and also do some rides.

You are still allowed to bring in food and drink.
Lagoon did open a new beer garden last year (maybe the year before), but I don’t drink, so I have no reviews on it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Have u been to Silverwood for comparison? I drove the fam there last year (12 hrs away plus stops) and thought it was a cool park, but as far as rides go Lagoon is better IMO.

Silverwood was awesome during early days of Covid. There was hardly anyone in the park. I took some pictures of the shops up front on their boardwalk, not two soles in my pics. Great time, and a beautiful park setting. Lagoon is better.

Haven’t been to Silverwood in years and years, but loved it growing up. The drive there is pretty similar to SLC for me.

Fwiw, I’m not huge into the big coasters, my kids are still fairly young, and the wife is pregnant so she can only go on the little kids rides lol. So big rides/coasters aren’t going to be a big deal for me, I ain’t solo riding.

I don't think Lagoon is worth a six hour trip personally, but this is obviously going to be up to you. Some of that is simply because I enjoy theme parks more than amusement parks as I get motion sickness with thrill coasters vs. those that are mild without loops.

My sister's family has season passes (grandkids are ages 3-5). Those kids never tire of the place even going once a month or more. Really crowded on weekends, so come on a weekday if possible.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Fwiw, I’m not huge into the big coasters, my kids are still fairly young, and the wife is pregnant so she can only go on the little kids rides lol. So big rides/coasters aren’t going to be a big deal for me, I ain’t solo riding.
You should do a solo ride on the cannibal. Can't go to lagoon without riding that ride. It's amazing.
And riding solo shortens the wait time anyway.

Plan it when there is a jazz home playoff game and go to a game too!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You’re having a 4th? Congrats and RIP.

Not all of us can be as talented as you.

How’s business? Able to keep up with supplies?

I’m swamped. Supplies can’t keep up with me. And the cost of what I can buy is skyrocketing.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz