What's new

The Lakers are after both CP3 and Howard?

I hope they get them....

If a few teams (lakers and Heat) have all the talent in the league, then MAYBE.... Just MAYBE.... It will force the league to adopt NFL parity policies. Because honestly, this thing is getting old. Teams like the Jazz, Cle, Orlando, Denver, or NO draft their talent... Develop it... And then that talent holds them hostage (see, this is why I only signed a 4 year deal!) or just bails at first opportunity. Small market teams have become the farm for big market teams.

Personally, I hope the Lakers still add another piece. Someone like Danny Granger. Howard, CP3, and Danny Granger this offseason...

I wish I had grown up in a NFL-crazed town and cared nothing for the NBA. no exaggeration.

There is no possible way this happens. They wont get either. I think the Magic take the Nets offer and I see CP3 going to the clips.

If I'm Orlando and I'm trading Howard, I don't want Bynum or Odom or Gasol. I want two sweet lotto picks in this year's draft and cap relief.

Same situation if I'm NOR.

So the Lakers trade their old and broken garbage for one of the youngest and powerful players in the league?

Sweet.

If I'm Orlando, and I can't get draft picks and cap relief, I'm going to New Jersey and picking off at least the Lopez brother. He's a pretty good center.

If I'm Orlando and I'm trading Howard, I don't want Bynum or Odom or Gasol. I want two sweet lotto picks in this year's draft and cap relief.

Same situation if I'm NOR.

Exactly. Wouldn't you prefer the Jazz' two lotto picks (potentially) and Jefferson (with just a year and a half left) and maybe one other asset?

Exactly. Wouldn't you prefer the Jazz' two lotto picks (potentially) and Jefferson (with just a year and a half left) and maybe one other asset?

Nice thought.

Hayward to Howard. Now there is a tongue-twister worth learning.

Why would the Jazz give up that much for a 4.5 month rental? You see, Dwight is steering the ship for the most part; he can bottleneck the number of teams in the bidding war down to the two or three he'd consider signing with. Anything else, and he'll just wait it out. I doubt Utah is on that list.

Just got finished reading some Laker fan comments on that Espn article... And two things stuck out, they are like.... All alike. Sound like the same guys that trolled jazzfanz back around the 2008 playoffs... And the other is how ignorant they are.

The Hornets have narrowed down their list of possible trade partners for Chris Paul to the Clippers, Warriors and Celtics, according to sources.

The Lakers, Mavericks and Rockets are also pushing for a trade, but are on the second tier.

According to sources, Golden State is offering Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh. The team would also amnesty Andris Biedrins in order to create cap space to reunite Paul with Tyson Chandler.

https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/06/chris.paul/index.html

Last edited:
The Lakers deal is a complete joke. An aging gasol, a guy who married a she-dude and then bynum who's health is ridiculous.

There is no possible way this happens. They wont get either. I think the Magic take the Nets offer and I see CP3 going to the clips.
That was my initial reaction - no way the Lakers have the resources - but then I thought about it and historically no franchise has been on the receiving end of these superstar-type trades more than the Lakers. On paper, I agree I can't see it happening but with the Lakers you just never know.

These deals must be contingent on him agreeing to an extension.

Actually, I don't think so. He's probably not going to sign an extension, regardless of where he goes. He can sign a 5 year deal instead of 4 if he opts out after the season. So far, I haven't heard anything about him signing an extension with anyone. The teams that are trying to trade for him are doing so knowing they would be taking a gamble. He would also lose money if he got traded and then decided to bail to another team, so it's in his best interest to be traded somewhere that he'd want to stay. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Wow, the league must be hellbent on destroying itself if something like this were to happen.

https://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba...-angeles-lakers-want-dwight-howard-chris-paul

I didn't realize the Lakers had another former assistant coach to trade. Oh wait, I see how this happens. Fisher plays out his deal, tells the NBA he needs to coach either the Knicks or Brooklyn Nets next year to be closer to his daughter's doctor, then the Lakers use him as a throw-in to round out the trade (with Stern's suggestion and approval). Done!

Sounds like the Lakers may be pulling off a trade to send Gasol to the Rockets, Rockets give up Scola, Martin and possible picks to NO, and the Lakers get CP3.
Why would it not surprise me at all to see this actually happen. Then the next big headline will be D12 going to the lakers... I hate the Lakers!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/144867629851623424

Fantastic.... I guess it is at least a good sign that they have to part with Gasol. We all know Bynum is going to miss some significant time due to injury. That pretty much means they should be pretty weak in that regard.