What's new

The Mule is coming to your TV

♪alt13

1*ZFcMZU_NT7Jw5EA24y5joQ.png

Really?

It's been a while since I read them but still I'm pretty excited.

I mean, they're one of those foundational pieces in SF (pun NOT intended). But as far as depth of story and complexity of ideas, I think it has been surpassed many times over. I'm also not a fan of 50s space operas, where as you "advance" you become psychic and ****.

Will still watch.

I mean, they're one of those foundational pieces in SF (pun NOT intended). But as far as depth of story and complexity of ideas, I think it has been surpassed many times over. I'm also not a fan of 50s space operas, where as you "advance" you become psychic and ****.

Will still watch.

I really liked the whole "social psychology" (iirc) thing. That if you have enough data you can predict the future. I also love the whole having a bunch of tech but nobody knows how it works.

Maybe I misread the novels or imparted too much of what I thought on them but I always saw those characters as not being magic but appearing to be because they had a level of understanding/knowledge that was beyond both the other characters and the reader.

Like I said though it's been a long damn while and memory is a funny thing

I guess I kind of thought we'd see more Heinlein before we got Foundation. Maybe even good Heinlein. OK, Predestination (based on All You Zombies) was pretty good.