What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I’ve had pristine knees most of my life but did something trail running last summer that hasn’t quite gone away. I’m worried it’s a meniscus thing, but I’ve been obsessed with having good knees/joints my whole life and it’s exciting to see some of the stuff that @Jaymz has posted. Hoping some of this might help remedy if not altogether fix whatever is going on in there. I should have a real thorough examination done but I don’t have those kind of resources.

By the way, do you work in healthcare @Jaymz ? Just curious.
Do me a favor... I am pretty serious about doing this even if I look like a moron at my gym. To help hold me accountable ask about an update every now and again. I can see me doing it for a couple weeks and feeling like 50% better and slacking.

I recently graduated from a local Massage Therapy school here in Las Vegas.

My now x-wife is a registered nurse and I was often helping her with her papers while she perused her masters to become a nurse practitioner.

Like yourselves I started out with a passion for basketball. This turned into a passion for the body.

My mother was a massage therapist in St. George, UT. I learned growing up.

I’m currently just waiting on my state license to process. I have big plans for my career.

I’m almost done with my medical massage therapist certification, however I follow a variety of different body workers online as well to expand my knowledge/skill set.

Here are a few I follow:

This guy really knows how’s to specify specific body function issues.
I was extremely impressed by his detail on guide for shoes.

This guy has the BEST self care release stretches verbally guided so you know you are performing it correct.

I’ve learned a lot of my advanced massage techniques from this channel.

World famous John gibbons. I remember watching this guy on Oprah when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Houston just hired Ime Udoka to be their HC. I feel like Toronto parted ways with Nick Nurse with hiring Ime on their mind. I wonder what direction they go now. I also thought Nurse might have ended up in Houston. Quite the plot twist.

Do me a favor... I am pretty serious about doing this even if I look like a moron at my gym. To help hold me accountable ask about an update every now and again. I can see me doing it for a couple weeks and feeling like 50% better and slacking.
A lot of people do kneesovertoesguys stuff in the gym now. It's gotten crazy popular. I started his stuff when gyms opened back up from the pandemic and I was the only person ever doing reverse sled and now a it's a pretty popular thing.

A lot of people do kneesovertoesguys stuff in the gym now. It's gotten crazy popular. I started his stuff when gyms opened back up from the pandemic and I was the only person ever doing reverse sled and now a it's a pretty popular thing.
Howd it work for you.

Houston just hired Ime Udoka to be their HC. I feel like Toronto parted ways with Nick Nurse with hiring Ime on their mind. I wonder what direction they go now. I also thought Nurse might have ended up in Houston. Quite the plot twist.
Toronto is a huge team to watch this offseason. Had they got Ime I would have thought they were attempting to win now. I think this also signals that Houston may try and flip the switch via a big acquisition (Harden headed back there I bet).

Raps are just weird... Trent Jr. seems for sure gone... FVV is a maybe... Can't imagine they like Poeltl walk after trading for him. Really curious how and which players they spend on.

Howd it work for you.
Well. For me it was more about stopping basketball until the pain in my knees went away. The exercises just give you a way to strengthen your knees as you slowly decrease pain.

Overall I think it mostly just made me more mindful. I put a lot of time into doing the bulletproofing type stuff while not playing basketball and let myself fully recover. Now I can play and manage my overall knee threshold of activity a lot better.

I had this thought and curious what others think.

I think they should modify the Stepien rule to not be applicable to the next upcoming draft. This way there would be more draft picks to trade and if less teams owned their own draft picks there would be less tanking.

Teams can already draft a player and then trade him right away, so why not let them trade their pick ahead of time.

Thoughts?

Check out this thread about a supposed Clippers insider (anonymous media member). It's epic, certainly if true.

Some highlights:
-and assets for Conley "fell through", so they went with John Wall.
-Because they couldn't get Wall on a minimum, they let Hartenstein walk.
-Culture/locker room there is an insane level of dysfunction. Kawhi has just left the game at halftime without telling anybody twice, Morris requested a trade and refused to show up for large stretches of the season because he wasn't starting.

I wonder what the Conley deal was and I wonder what they do this offseason. Seems like they have to do SOMETHING. Whether they are buyers or sellers (but especially if they're buyers). If there is anything to this whole thing, they are actually quite conscious about their money situation.

Check out this thread about a supposed Clippers insider (anonymous media member). It's epic, certainly if true.

Some highlights:
-and assets for Conley "fell through", so they went with John Wall.
-Because they couldn't get Wall on a minimum, they let Hartenstein walk.
-Culture/locker room there is an insane level of dysfunction. Kawhi has just left the game at halftime without telling anybody twice, Morris requested a trade and refused to show up for large stretches of the season because he wasn't starting.

I wonder what the Conley deal was and I wonder what they do this offseason. Seems like they have to do SOMETHING. Whether they are buyers or sellers (but especially if they're buyers). If there is anything to this whole thing, they are actually quite conscious about their money situation.

Conley to Clippers deal was very much real. Clippers backed out at last minute. Conley even stated he thought he was going to be traded to them.

Is it too early for a '2025 roster building' thread?

How long is Giannis effective? I'm not sure he ever fixes the shooting issue. I feel like if it was going to happen it would've by now, especially if he is the worker that everyone thinks he is (myself included). He has been almost superhuman to this point, but without shooting, his athleticism is a cornerstone of what allows him to be effective.