What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I think there is a shot in hell lol… you were out here saying he and IQ are similar quality players and IQ couldn’t get to 25M a year. The cap space thing is understandable but it will also cost them Harris and Melton as well… I think at very least you could have locked him in on a 5 year deal that starts at max but doesn’t have max raises. Even if he’s crazy confident in his market it’s a boatload of money and security to turn down.

Quickley and Maxey have very different reputations, my opinion doesn't on them as players does not mean a thing when it comes to the contracts they could have/would have received. I trust the media who all said the same thing. Feel like this has been a well known thing for awhile. Maxey was never in play for an extension this summer.

I just watched Cason Wallace box out Jokic for a rebound and then block a Murray midrange jumper. He also hit a transition 3 and then hit a nifty layup in traffic.

It would have been nice to have someone like him back when we played Denver in the playoffs.

I just watched Cason Wallace box out Jokic for a rebound and then block a Murray midrange jumper. He also hit a transition 3 and then hit a nifty layup in traffic.

It would have been nice to have someone like him back when we played Denver in the playoffs.

Would have been nice to have a 100% 3 point shooter as well.

Quickley and Maxey have very different reputations, my opinion doesn't on them as players does not mean a thing when it comes to the contracts they could have/would have received. I trust the media who all said the same thing. Feel like this has been a well known thing for awhile. Maxey was never in play for an extension this summer.
Please show me these media who were all united and said the same thing tia

Please show me these media who were all united and said the same thing tia

A simple google search shows that Maxey was not going to sign an extension, plenty of reporting done on this in the summer. Does that mean it's an auto max? Guess not, but I feel like it's implied when there isn't even a discussion. What we know with confidence is that there were no discussions about taking less than the max this fall, the decision was already made in the summer to not extend. A deal was never going to happen and that was well known for months. IMO, if there was any wiggle room it would not have been shut down in the summer.

But who knows, I could have single handedly killed his value by saying he's closer the Quickley than people might think.

The Bucks' asses got whipped tonight in their home barn. Dame 6 points with 16.7 FG% (-29 plus/minus) in over 29 minutes.

Last edited:
A simple google search shows that Maxey was not going to sign an extension, plenty of reporting done on this in the summer. Does that mean it's an auto max? Guess not, but I feel like it's implied when there isn't even a discussion. What we know with confidence is that there were no discussions about taking less than the max this fall, the decision was already made in the summer to not extend. A deal was never going to happen and that was well known for months. IMO, if there was any wiggle room it would not have been shut down in the summer.

But who knows, I could have single handedly killed his value by saying he's closer the Quickley than people might think.
You feeling like something is implied is not consensus among all nba journalists. A simple google search reveals there wasn’t a discussion because Sixers chose to preserve cap space. Had they decided to negotiate any number of results could have happened. There is no article that says Maxey said “max or nothing bitch”. I think it was a mistake not to negotiate. I brought up IQ because he couldn’t even get 25M per… Maxey must be several tiers above him if he’s a no brainer max extension. He isn’t… but will potentially end up getting the toxic max in RFA. I simply think it was a mistake not to actually open up and have those discussions as I do think it was very likely they could have come to terms for something less than the full max. They prioritized cap space over locking up their second best player and have opened themselves up to some rough potential consequences.

He hadn’t really separated himself from the Herros of the world and was likely to get something in that range… adjusted for cap inflation. I think he will separate himself from those types. Sixers should have focused more on locking him up in the most favorable terms they could instead of cap space and Harden and star hunting.

You feeling like something is implied is not consensus among all nba journalists. A simple google search reveals there wasn’t a discussion because Sixers chose to preserve cap space. Had they decided to negotiate any number of results could have happened. There is no article that says Maxey said “max or nothing bitch”. I think it was a mistake not to negotiate. I brought up IQ because he couldn’t even get 25M per… Maxey must be several tiers above him if he’s a no brainer max extension. He isn’t… but will potentially end up getting the toxic max in RFA. I simply think it was a mistake not to actually open up and have those discussions as I do think it was very likely they could have come to terms for something less than the full max. They prioritized cap space over locking up their second best player and have opened themselves up to some rough potential consequences.

He hadn’t really separated himself from the Herros of the world and was likely to get something in that range… adjusted for cap inflation. I think he will separate himself from those types. Sixers should have focused more on locking him up in the most favorable terms they could instead of cap space and Harden and star hunting.

I think Tyrese "untradeable" Maxey is definitely seen as tiers above Quickley. Quickley would probably also easily get $25 per if he was not playing for the Knicks, we talked about this a million times how NYK is in a bind and can't give him that money. But unfortunately for him, he is backup who has no path to being a starter on the Knicks. While I may be super high on him as a player, I can recognize that he is indeed tiers below Maxey when coming to that negotiation table.

Harden might have something to say about a wink wink deal from Morey, but IMO, it's exactly that. The contract is already agreed upon, but it benefits the team to wait and sign it in the summer. It's obviously a lot easier when the contract is a max contract and I believe Maxey is seen as a no brainer max guy. If the Sixers did not have a cap space opportunity this summer, he would have already signed for the $207 like Desmond Bane got. He is much closer to Desmond Bane in that regard and potentially even ahead of Bane. These two were 45 and 53 in consensus top 100 rankings coming into the year and Maxey is younger.

The Nugs have really hyped up Peyton Watson and he's looked really good this year. Interested case. Terrible in college, not great in the G-League, but good NBA player? I guess we'll see if that train keeps going.

Orlando is a tough team but DLO saved the Lakers tonight. He’s been shaky in the playoffs, obviously, but he was actually really good last season. He’s a good value contract for the Lakers.