What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Giddey’s days in OKC are definitely numbered. This is not even about his off court issues. He's simply the odd man out in their system. And the fact that OKC still hasn't secured him to a long term deal means they will be forced to sell low at some point. Giddey will most definitely be demanding a deal that exceeds OKC’s valuation of him.

Giddey’s days in OKC are definitely numbered. This is not even about his off court issues. He's simply the odd man out in their system. And the fact that OKC still hasn't secured him to a long term deal means they will be forced to sell low at some point. Giddey will most definitely be demanding a deal that exceeds OKC’s valuation of him.
He’s not extension eligible until this summer.

Mavs blew big lead at home to Cavs. Jarrett Allen was incredible on D.
Yeah and he completely bullied Lively on the boards with 23 vs 4. I mean he even had 9 offensive boards vs Lively's 2 defensive rebounds.

Luka dominated the Cavs in the 1st half despite Mavs shooting 3s way worse. Then in the 4th Kidd held him on the bench for 6 minutes and Mavs won those minutes, but when Luka was subbed back in Cavs almost immediately got a 15-0 run and turned the game around.

I was just blown away by Allens 1on1 defense against Luka. He just shut him down for like 4-5 possessions during the clutch defending him at the perimeter and not giving up a single FG or a foul. I mean they had help lingering around but not aggressively doubling him really. Luka got like 1 decent shot during that stretch which he missed, and 2-3 highly contested ones.

Last edited:
Also btw Craig Porter Jr finished that Cavs win with just 9 points on 4/11 shooting.. but he had 12 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals and a block and eyeball test says he played really good basketball apart from 1 really bad pass and few dumb fouls.

The 22+ year old 4-5 year college players like Porter and Jacquez are the ones you want to draft if you want immediate impact players through draft. They are just on a different level of maturity and confidence than the one-and-done guys.

Last edited:
Lmfao Giddey has no power to demand a trade.

Also btw Craig Porter Jr finished that Cavs win with just 9 points on 4/11 shooting.. but he had 12 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals and a block and eyeball test says he played really good basketball apart from 1 really bad pass and few dumb fouls.

The 22+ year old 4-5 year college players like Porter and Jacquez are the ones you want to draft if you want immediate impact players through draft. They are just on a different level of maturity and confidence than the one-and-done guys.
You draft good players. There's plenty of seniors who aren't doing what those guys are doing now.

You have no point. How is Kobe Brown doing?
My point was that all the talk about "NBA ready" should revolve around the older guys like it used to, not the teens no matter if they look the part. You not understanding simple english doesnt mean the point wasnt clearly said.

Meanwhile your brilliant point was: "Draft good players"

But keep on chugging, Thomas.

My point was that all the talk about "NBA ready" should revolve around the older guys like it used to, not the teens no matter if they look the part. You not understanding simple english doesnt mean the point wasnt clearly said.

Meanwhile your brilliant point was: "Draft good players"

But keep on chugging, Thomas.
It shouldn't though. When that was the talk there would still be 4 year college bust. I understand your point fine. It's a dumb point

I think the key to drafting a win now player is to draft someone without a huge hole in their game. In the NBA, weaknesses are scouted and exposed and limit a player's ability to be a positive player.

Now typically players with well rounded games are older, so...

I think the key to drafting a win now player is to draft someone without a huge hole in their game. In the NBA, weaknesses are scouted and exposed and limit a player's ability to be a positive player.

Now typically players with well rounded games are older, so...
It also helps if your team around the player is good and they can come in and fill a role.

In one of the weirder coaching moves, Jacque Vaughn decided to play Mikal Bridges and Cam Thomas for the entire 1st quarter against the Bucks and sat them for the rest of the game without injuries.

His explanation was that he wanted to get "the feel and pulse of the game" and then decided he should rest those guys instead as they had played a lot of minutes in their previous game. Those two combined for 7/13 shooting in the first quarter, and it was just a 1 point game after the Q and even only a 7 point game at half-time.