What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Eric Collins… the announcer. He’s hilarious.
Used to like him but now he's just annoying. His team flat out sucks and is unlikable to boot, so all the screaming, unhinged celebrating and homerism just comes across as forced these days.

Besides, you get tired of anything when there's no variety. Collins goes 100mph all the time.

That’s the most KAT thing ever
I watch the game and it was the worst performance from the Wolves this season. No defense, no disciplin. Omly KAT keep them in the game as he was on fire and once it got cold, the blow the lead and loose . This is where you see how important it is to have a floor general. All good teams have a leader who can turn thing in the right way if necessary. Tonight Mike did not play and it was obvious.

I watch the game and it was the worst performance from the Wolves this season. No defense, no disciplin. Omly KAT keep them in the game as he was on fire and once it got cold, the blow the lead and loose . This is where you see how important it is to have a floor general. All good teams have a leader who can turn thing in the right way if necessary. Tonight Mike did not play and it was obvious.
Which is why I don't buy them as a contender. I think they will choke and I doubt Conley can stay healthy for the full playoffs run. KAT and Gobert obviously have a bit of a history of choking. Gobert might not have been the reason (debatable) but either way he was apart of multiple teams that choked and I am sure its in the back of his head. But who knows, the West isnt super strong this year at the top.

Which is why I don't buy them as a contender. I think they will choke and I doubt Conley can stay healthy for the full playoffs run. KAT and Gobert obviously have a bit of a history of choking. Gobert might not have been the reason (debatable) but either way he was apart of multiple teams that choked and I am sure its in the back of his head. But who knows, the West isnt super strong this year at the top.
I agree with you. Minny can pass the first round, even go to WCF if all planet aligned but i don't see them winning.

Used to like him but now he's just annoying. His team flat out sucks and is unlikable to boot, so all the screaming, unhinged celebrating and homerism just comes across as forced these days.

Besides, you get tired of anything when there's no variety. Collins goes 100mph all the time.
What you want him to be Eeyore on the mic?

Will the heat look to move Herro now that they've got Rozier? I think Herro as a trade piece is more valuable to them than Herro as a player.

Bruh... he announces for the HORNETS and gets up for every game. You have to give him credit for that.

He's also got a pretty quick wit.

I'm here for it.

Been keeping an eye on TOR since the trade. Barrett and IQ have played reasonably well (especially Barrett), but that team is complete ***. No defensive structure. Barnes might be an empty calories kind of player at this point in time.

Don't watch a ton of Hornets games, but they are one of the broadcasts I will listen to. He makes it fun, not there to host his own podcast.
He calls the game and is so excited... for the HORNETS!!! If I felt it was faked I wouldn't be into it.. but he's legit excited. I'm sure its a bit extra but I'd love to have him here. Collins and Thurl would be some serious yin and yang.

Bruh... he announces for the HORNETS and gets up for every game. You have to give him credit for that.

He's also got a pretty quick wit.

I'm here for it.
I'm not against homerism in itself, on the contrary. Hate it when Thurl squints at a slo mo replay and says (without a hint of irony), "Yeah... I guess Walker must have fouled him with his nose. There was probably some contact there".

But Collins is the type of announcer who sees LaMelo make a stupid floater in the 1st quarter and screams "LAAAAAAAMEEEEELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUH BABYYYYYYYYYY YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!"