What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Butler is a better basketball player but not what the Jazz needs the most if they want to challenge for title. I mean we can't even find minutes for Butler right now. Might as well draft Herb Jones if Quins just gonna play Trent Forrest as the third string point guard.
And yes, we had the #30 initially when Jones was still available so it's entirely possible. But according to local news we were targeting Butler the entire time so Jones was never a possibility.
Yet another mistake. Should’ve taken Bane last year. And we should’ve taken Jones this year. That’s the difference between winning the championship and being a perennial 2nd round exit.

He sucks. But I’m genuinely interested to know what others think had McDaniels, Bane, or Jones been picked? Seems like Snyder has been infected with Sloan disease and doesn’t play the young guys. It’s just ridiculous given the leash he consistently gives Clarkson.
I'd argue the opposite. Quin started off as a player development coach and worked exclusively with young players as a HC in college and the G league. He's all about playing the young guys just wasn't given the right project. He was the one who dug Rudy out of the horrendous situation from his rookie year and made him the 3* DPOY. Then there's DM and Royce, both massively underrated young prospects and were given the chance by Quin. I mean burke, Lyles, DedEx, Bradley, Oni, Brantley, morgan, those guys were also given a chance just couldn't produce. Imagine if it's Bane, McDaniels or Jones given the Oni minutes and what those guys could do in the 10-15 min.
Coaches aren't magician. They can only go as far as their players take them.

watching some LAL vs Grizz. Grizz's got themselves a very good team. Will be a much tougher matchup for us than last season if we meet again

watching some LAL vs Grizz. Grizz's got themselves a very good team. Will be a much tougher matchup for us than last season if we meet again
I don’t think they’re all healthy either. Brooks, arguably their 2nd best scorer, is out. They potentially could go small with Ja, Brooks, Bane, Jackson, and Adams. Or super small with Anderson/Jackson instead of Adams. That would be the “clippers strategy” and we’d have to force the ball inside to Gobert/Whiteside to take advantage. Either Way, they’d be a nightmare to defend. True, we could score on them. But they’d absolutely have no problem scoring on us. Ja, Brooks, Bane, and Jackson would have a layup drill.

I don’t think they’re all healthy either. Brooks, arguably their 2nd best scorer, is out. They potentially could go small with Ja, Brooks, Bane, Jackson, and Adams. Or super small with Anderson/Jackson instead of Adams. That would be the “clippers strategy” and we’d have to force the ball inside to Gobert/Whiteside to take advantage. Either Way, they’d be a nightmare to defend. True, we could score on them. But they’d absolutely have no problem scoring on us. Ja, Brooks, Bane, and Jackson would have a layup drill.
they weren't healthy last season either. Jaren Jackson only came back at the end of the regular season and was having his rehab session on court. We saw what he's capable of when he's at his 100% this season when we played them.

lol lakers literally relying on a 37yr old Lebron to drop 30 every night to survive regular season. six games in a row now. it's just sad.

westbrick missed another wide open layup/dunk
Why did they get Westbrook? That was a terrible decision. He doesn’t fit with that team.

Is it bad that I kinda wished Simmons could end up there? It would be a joy to watch Lebron, westbrick, Simmons, and Howard all kill each other.

Why did they get Westbrook? That was a terrible decision. He doesn’t fit with that team.

Is it bad that I kinda wished Simmons could end up there? It would be a joy to watch Lebron, westbrick, Simmons, and Howard all kill each other.
the price that comes with having a PG who can't shoot. Grizz intentionally left him open on that last defensive possession to create a 5 on 4 to force the TO from Lebron.