What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

It's a good thing we didn't go down the Lillard route. He is starting to look a little rough with another 170mil over 3 years on the hook.
I was so happy we didn't get him.

It's a good thing we didn't go down the Lillard route. He is starting to look a little rough with another 170mil over 3 years on the hook.
These massive multiyear deals given to small guards who are on the wrong side of 30 and clearly declining are insane. I mean they NEVER pan out... the last two years are always in albatross territory.

Podz put up 25/7/8 with 1 steal, 1 TO and 9/12 shooting (5/5 from 3).

The most amazing thing:
He leads the Warriors in total BPM and BPM per game by a clear margin. In total BPM he is +163, and second best is CP3 with +85.

I was the first to bring him up in the 2023 draft thread and was his biggest fan pre-draft, but I may have underestimated him.

I'm impressed how Wemby improve already specially at 3.

Game 1 to 21 : 25% 5.1 attempt
Game 22 to 38 : 35.4% at 4.6 attempt
Game 39 to 48 : 41.7% at 4.8 at attempt

Overall he is at 32% for the season. If he become a 37/40% shooter at 3, he may become what people expect. I really would like to see him surround with better players.

The most amazing thing:
He leads the Warriors in total BPM and BPM per game by a clear margin. In total BPM he is +163, and second best is CP3 with +85.

I was the first to bring him up in the 2023 draft thread and was his biggest fan pre-draft, but I may have underestimated him.
I would take Podz over Sexton tbh

The most amazing thing:

When I watch Podz I'm never super blown away, but yet he always produces. He's definitely good, and much better than I would have guessed, but I'm trying to decide if he's just good or really good.

I posted this awhile ago in the 2023 draft thread, but Podz is one of the youngest players in the league to have a positive net rating while also having a decent usage percentage. It's very rare for young players to be both high usage and positively impact their team. When I watch him though, I don't see a super unique high end talent, he's kind of just solid. So I'm a little conflicted.

When I watch Podz I'm never super blown away, but yet he always produces. He's definitely good, and much better than I would have guessed, but I'm trying to decide if he's just good or really good.

I posted this awhile ago in the 2023 draft thread, but Podz is one of the youngest players in the league to have a positive net rating while also having a decent usage percentage. It's very rare for young players to be both high usage and positively impact their team. When I watch him though, I don't see a super unique high end talent, he's kind of just solid. So I'm a little conflicted.
He is just a hooper. It was the same with Santa Clara. He wasnt flashy but just does the right things and chips in on everything out there.

Boy is that Deni Avdija contract extension looking like a total steal. Not only do they lock him up for 4yrs but at a declining number. He has played really well all year but since the trade deadline he has been insane.

43pts, 15rbs, 3asts
25pts, 7rbs, 3asts
21pts, 13rbs, 5 asts
24pts, 11rbs, 4asts