What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Scoot just set a new NBA record for worst single game BPM against the Heat at -58. He also has a -56 from earlier this season, which now ranks T-3rd.

Watch Denver-Minny today. One of the best game from Minny this year. Rudy was great as was old Mike. They take back spot 1 at West. I'm very impressed by the defensive effort they make. Seems that KAT injury does not penalize them much. Hope they play the same way on the PO.

As if the thunder weren't tough enough they now have Giddey getting going. These last few games he has been benefitting more from SGA being out but even before that he seemed to be finding his groove. These western conference playoffs should be fun to watch.

As if the thunder weren't tough enough they now have Giddey getting going. These last few games he has been benefitting more from SGA being out but even before that he seemed to be finding his groove. These western conference playoffs should be fun to watch.
Look at what cason Wallace did last night too

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

On the ATL discussion, they are the 10th best team since Trae went out, down from 7th. But they are 16th in defense, up from 30th. It’s not all a Murray vs Trae thing….but it makes you wonder.

The flattened odds and play in have done their job for the most part against tanking. You will never get rid of all of it, but now it feels like only a few teams are truly resting healthy players in order to lose more games (the Jazz being one of them).

Last night I watched a semi competitive game against the worst teams in the league. Both teams wanted to win, and I think they are both trying to be not last place. In the past this game would have been an atrocity, with all rotation level players out with exaggerated ailments.

So who do we want to flame out in the playoffs? Or in other words, what team do we think is most likely to blow it up if they don't meet expectations and would open up shop for a player that would make us competitive?

So who do we want to flame out in the playoffs? Or in other words, what team do we think is most likely to blow it up if they don't meet expectations and would open up shop for a player that would make us competitive?
Boston. Dallas.

Not sure if we want Minny and Cleveland to blow up now or later but I really don’t want KAT… so that’s not really the question. If Phoenix traded Book I’d be interested but I think they’d move other guys instead.

More realistically it would be NOP but I’m not convinced Ingram is him. I think if Brooklyn can’t get Donny they break up their core but probably revisit a Houston deal.

I think we are actually more likely to do a Lauri deal than acquire a star but I think chances are low on both. I could see Houston OKC Memphis getting wild with an offer if we decided to move Lauri but depends on a few things. Playoffs will open up some deal avenues but not sure which way those go.

Boston. Dallas.

Not sure if we want Minny and Cleveland to blow up now or later but I really don’t want KAT… so that’s not really the question. If Phoenix traded Book I’d be interested but I think they’d move other guys instead.

More realistically it would be NOP but I’m not convinced Ingram is him. I think if Brooklyn can’t get Donny they break up their core but probably revisit a Houston deal.

I think we are actually more likely to do a Lauri deal than acquire a star but I think chances are low on both. I could see Houston OKC Memphis getting wild with an offer if we decided to move Lauri but depends on a few things. Playoffs will open up some deal avenues but not sure which way those go.
I think NOP is the one that makes the most sense to me. The problem with a lot of teams is they don't own their draft picks, so it feels less likely they would want to trade a star for picks. If NOP can't even be competitive in a series, they might consider their core flawed, and try to regroup. I have my reservations about Ingram, but he might be as good of a player as we could realistically hope becomes available.

The flattened odds and play in have done their job for the most part against tanking. You will never get rid of all of it, but now it feels like only a few teams are truly resting healthy players in order to lose more games (the Jazz being one of them).

Last night I watched a semi competitive game against the worst teams in the league. Both teams wanted to win, and I think they are both trying to be not last place. In the past this game would have been an atrocity, with all rotation level players out with exaggerated ailments.
This year we essentially saw the worst teams get the tank out of the way early so they were locked into the top picks by game 40. This draft also helps with no clear cut number 1 pick so I don't think teams care as much whether they have the 1st pick or the 4th pick.