What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Oh I missed the earlier discussion.

We haven’t fully felt the pain of somehow getting two studs late in the draft and having a good team around them. And we maxed out at a second round exit after going all in.

It’s more disastrous than we talk about and the more time that passes before getting more studs in the draft, the more we will realize what an outlier that was. And how badly it was botched. I wanna sit down for a long talk with anyone who thinks the roster building after getting Mitchell and Gobert was near perfect.

I hated the Conley trade from the get go but that is forgivable compared to the 3 straight MLE signing screw ups and the Dok pick. Those 4 moves were inexcusable and completely slammed the window on competing for a title. I will never forgive DL for those moves and his level of incompetence over the last few years.

I can understand the Conley trade. The Jazz were looking for a 3rd star at a price they could afford and Conley became available. It's easy to say we should have gone after Jrue, but who knows whether that was really a possibility. The other stuff though--Jeff Green, Ed Davis, Favors trade, Dok, etc. sure wasn't it.

That Clippers team that took out the Jazz in the POs in 2021 was really well put together. It's too bad that Kawhi got hurt. I think they could have gone all the way, or at least made the Finals over Phoenix.

They started Mann, George, Kawhi, Batum and Zubac, then subbed in Marcus Morris at the 5 and a still-functional Reggie Jackson in the backcourt. They alternated between PG and Kawhi running plays with guys spreading the floor. They had lots of length defensively on the perimeter, knocked down 3s at a high clip and had their guys who could score in isolation.

Wish Walker could develop that weird *** floater he got… that thing is unique and effective

All the Sixers needed to do was maintain possession of the ball, run the clock down and give themselves a reasonable shot attempt. Instead they turn the ball over and give up a lead-changing 3.

All the Sixers needed to do was maintain possession of the ball, run the clock down and give themselves a reasonable shot attempt. Instead they turn the ball over and give up a lead-changing 3.
I mean that Brunson three was also lucky as ****. Front rim bounces in… Sixers are cursed.