What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Who can guard Jokic one on one in the history of basketball
Ya that's what I said in my post. Just seems like maybe the best defensive player in the history of basketball would be able to stop him once in a while.

I did see Naz Reid swat the **** out of jokic this very game in a one on one situation for whatever that's worth.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Ya that's what I said in my post. Just seems like maybe the best defensive player in the history of basketball would be able to stop him once in a while.

I did see Naz Reid swat the **** out of jokic this very game in a one on one situation for whatever that's worth.

He has....

Entertaining hard fought first half. I have to be up at 5 so I'm going to bed. I hate these late games

i've seen Rudy do that a few times But Joker is so damn heavy and his shoulders are so wide and he does push of very well with his lead arm quite often

He has....
He hasn't this game. Jokic might have missed a shot with gobert guarding him one on one but not due to any special defense by Rudy. I don't think that jokic will shoot 100% against any defender in the NBA over a large enough sample size. It almost seems like he scores easier with gobert guarding him than most players though. Which is weird because gobert is an amazing defender. Maybe the best in the history of the NBA. I'm not trying to knock Rudy here. It's just shocking as I watch this game how easy it is for jokic to cook Rudy. I expected Rudy to put up more resistance than he has. I guess maybe I have higher expectations for Rudy than most. Idk.

Ant can't hit a bucket tonight, hopefully it change in second and they may have a chance. Mike missing is a big issue, Offense does not run well and they got almost as much TO than Assists.

He hasn't this game. Jokic might have missed a shot with gobert guarding him one on one but not due to any special defense by Rudy. I don't think that jokic will shoot 100% against any defender in the NBA over a large enough sample size. It almost seems like he scores easier with gobert guarding him than most players though. Which is weird because gobert is an amazing defender. Maybe the best in the history of the NBA. I'm not trying to knock Rudy here. It's just shocking as I watch this game how easy it is for jokic to cook Rudy. I expected Rudy to put up more resistance than he has. I guess maybe I have higher expectations for Rudy than most. Idk.

Rudy always struggle agasint Joker as 99% of the guys in the league. NAZ does a better job on him as he is more physical, but early 3 fouls will not help. The good point is that tonight they stop to double Jokic. Let him score 35 but make sure the others players don't have many open 3.

Looking at the play by play I see Rudy got a steal from KCP and he got a block on porter jr. That's his stocks for the first half.

I just expect like 1 block by Rudy on jokic once in a while. Jokic is 7-10 (one of those misses was when Reid blocked jokic and another was a 31 foot heave with 1 second left in the first quarter) for 19 points. Again, maybe I think Rudy is a better defender than most people do though and have higher expectations.

Looking at the play by play I see Rudy got a steal from KCP and he got a block on porter jr. That's his stocks for the first half.

I just expect like 1 block by Rudy on jokic once in a while. Jokic is 7-10 (one of those misses was when Reid blocked jokic and another was a 31 foot heave with 1 second left in the first quarter) for 19 points. Again, maybe I think Rudy is a better defender than most people do though.

Nobody's stopping Jokic.

Making him work to get his without doubling is probably the best way to defend this team. They only have 50 at half - Jokic doesn't have the stamina to go to work by himself every play.

Rudy's centre of gravity is so much higher than Jokers because of their body shapes It makes it easy for Joker to back him down

Rudy is -7 in the first half which was second highest on the team. He’s killed them that half.

Nobody's stopping Jokic.

Making him work to get his without doubling is probably the best way to defend this team. They only have 50 at half - Jokic doesn't have the stamina to go to work by himself every play.
Agreed. I thought Rudy would once in a while though. I was wrong. Reid has done a better job of stopping him in that half anyway.

Jokic is averaging less points, rebounds, and assists in this series than he did against the Lakers so maybe Rudy is doing a better job in the other games. I hadn't really watched closely before tonight. In that half jokic just cooked him over and over again and Rudy could do absolutely nothing about. It just kind of surprised me how easy it looked for jokic with such a normally outstanding defender on him.

I can see that speaking about that matchup in this first half is rather triggering for folks though so I will keep quiet. I'm sorry. (Plus I really need to go to sleep lol)

Agreed. I thought Rudy would once in a while though. I was wrong. Reid has done a better job of stopping him in that half anyway.

Jokic is averaging less points, rebounds, and assists in this series than he did against the Lakers so maybe Rudy is doing a better job in the other games. I hadn't really watched closely before tonight. In that half jokic just cooked him over and over again and Rudy could do absolutely nothing about. It just kind of surprised me how easy it looked for jokic with such a normally outstanding defender on him.

I can see that speaking about that matchup in this first half is rather triggering for folks though so I will keep quiet. I'm sorry. (Plus I really need to go to sleep lol)
It's not triggering - Naz Reid does a better job of keeping Jokic out of the paint for sure.

The key to "defending" Jokic is to make him work hard for everything he gets. Close off the passing lanes, make him put up a massive amount of shot attempts, lean on him every chance you get, and go at him when he is on defense. You want that guy sucking wind hard by the end of the third quarter. Hardy usually gameplans against Jokic as well as anyone in the league and this is what he tries to do.

Defending him one on one, even with a good defender is a mistake. You have to occasional run doubles at him from different directions or everything is too easy for him. Gobert is good enough you don't double with him, which is not optimal against Jokic.

Rudy has got to get more physical and at least try to keep joker from getting into the paint. He’s putting up zero resistance and giving up 5 foot bunnies.