What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

They varied from "kind of bad" to "really bad" with Donovan.

2018:

USG%: 43.9
TS%: 49.8

2019:

USG%: 43.7
TS%: 47.3

2020:

USG%: 40.5
TS: 55.3

2021:

USG%: 43.4
TS%: 49.0

2022:

USG%: 37.7
TS%: 39.4 (LOL)

(For reference, league average TS% is around 56.6%).

A low to REALLY low TS% combined with an obscenely high USG% every year was just a death sentence for the Jazz in the clutch throughout his career.

It's OK, I'm sure Donovan will be happy to swallow his pride and defer to other players in Cleveland when clutch time arrives. He's a professional's professional.

Anyone actually watching the Cavs? Mitchell box scores are great, what’s the eye test? Any defense?
Even the box scores tell a story. He is not efficient, he takes most of the shots, and the only reason they beat the Wizards was the offensive rebounds that gave the team more shot attempts. Don’t give him the win, give his trash picker upper rebounders the win today at least.
The honeymoon will end and the habits will still be there.

How are we so good and we tried to not be good… kings and lakers try so hard and fail.

Bricks bringing the ball up the court to take that shot and barely draws rim , I love it

Lillard is amazing , never doubts himself , hasn’t got a great cast around him , yet just keeps giving his all for Portland

Heard a stat on the dan patrick show this morning.

Lebron has scored over 10 in 1,100 comsecutive games and its by far the longest streak of double digit scoring

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Heard a stat on the dan patrick show this morning.

Lebron has scored over 10 in 1,100 comsecutive games and its by far the longest streak of double digit scoring

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah there have been a few games along the way where he went back in just to get those 10 points. It's a great accomplishment but he's always been one to boxscore watch and always knows exactly where he stands when it comes to his stats.

Yeah there have been a few games along the way where he went back in just to get those 10 points. It's a great accomplishment but he's always been one to boxscore watch and always knows exactly where he stands when it comes to his stats.
I've seen many more games where he ended one stat shy of a triple double than I have seen what you are talking about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I like how he pretends he didn't have a big hand in Russ ending up in LA. They had already traded for Hield... then Russ petitioned Bron and he told Pelinka what they were going to do. Imagine if they had kept KCP/Kuzma and the first they gave up... imagine if they would have had enough dough left to just keep Alex Caruso around... Then they could go shopping with their 2 picks.

This was a tag team effort by Bron and Pelinka... he shouldn't pretend to be a martyr here.

I like how he pretends he didn't have a big hand in Russ ending up in LA. They had already traded for Hield... then Russ petitioned Bron and he told Pelinka what they were going to do. Imagine if they had kept KCP/Kuzma and the first they gave up... imagine if they would have had enough dough left to just keep Alex Caruso around... Then they could go shopping with their 2 picks.

This was a tag team effort by Bron and Pelinka... he shouldn't pretend to be a martyr here.
People are always comparing LeBron and Jordan and I think the most undeveloped parts of those discussions is who is a worse GM.

People are always comparing LeBron and Jordan and I think the most undeveloped parts of those discussions is who is a worse GM.
I think MJ would have been just as bad if he were given the power Bron has taken, but yeah... there are times when he should just let the GMs GM... though I think Pelinka is bad and very much cool deflecting blame to Lebron and others. He could have dug in and said no... it was so obvious that it was an awful move for everyone.