What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

With the Warriors los, Memphis actually moved into second place by half a game.

Warriors aren't sending Steph or Klay to Denver. Draymond is still out. Nuggets will be heavy favorites.

It would be fantastic if the Jazz could beat the Mavs in Dallas, but if not, they need to win their next three following games against Portland, San Antonio and Sacramento.

Been watching a lot of Celtics lately. Marcus Smart is annoying as hell when he's on the other team, but as a neutral observer you have to love his game. He does so much to help you win. I can't believe the Celtics have two of him now with White as well.

Been watching a lot of Celtics lately. Marcus Smart is annoying as hell when he's on the other team, but as a neutral observer you have to love his game. He does so much to help you win. I can't believe the Celtics have two of him now with White as well.

Celtics have been playing really well lately, could be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Mavs are getting completely blown out at home by the Knicks. Didn't see that coming.

Getting a little help from the Knicks… thx @MeloTheJazzKiller

And the lakers lost to the rockets… which is just great.
I got 3 Lakers fans here on psychiatric watch. 1 of them is in a distinct funk. They are still in denial though. They keep saying "they are keeping it all for the playoffs...just wait until the playoffs....they will turn it on in the playoffs". Then I mention they might not even make the play-in tournament and they cry. Silently, on the inside, moping around the office.

I love it.

I got 3 Lakers fans here on psychiatric watch. 1 of them is in a distinct funk. They are still in denial though. They keep saying "they are keeping it all for the playoffs...just wait until the playoffs....they will turn it on in the playoffs". Then I mention they might not even make the play-in tournament and they cry. Silently, on the inside, moping around the office.

I love it.
What would be better, the Lakers losing a win-or-go-home play-in game or missing the play-in all together? I can’t decide. I think Portland and San Antonio are too far behind to push them out of the play-in.

What would be better, the Lakers losing a win-or-go-home play-in game or missing the play-in all together? I can’t decide. I think Portland and San Antonio are too far behind to push them out of the play-in.
Being eliminated by NO or the clips would be about the best thing possible imo. NO because of the AD deal and Clips cuz they are little brother. Missing the play in is almost too kind to them.

I would prefer to see them miss it entirely. If they lose that one game I have to listen to the constant denial of "we were robbed, the refs were out to get us, injuries kept us from a championship, if we had everyone at full strength we would be champions right now, etc. etc.". If they miss it entirely then it is about the body of work for the season, not that one game where they got "robbed" of their rightful championship.

Being eliminated by NO or the clips would be about the best thing possible imo. NO because of the AD deal and Clips cuz they are little brother. Missing the play in is almost too kind to them.
From the Laker player standpoint, I agree. From the Laker fan standpoint, I would prefer they missed it entirely. See my other post.

I would prefer to see them miss it entirely. If they lose that one game I have to listen to the constant denial of "we were robbed, the refs were out to get us, injuries kept us from a championship, if we had everyone at full strength we would be champions right now, etc. etc.". If they miss it entirely then it is about the body of work for the season, not that one game where they got "robbed" of their rightful championship.
Do they own their pick this year or does it go to NOP?