What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Rudy… please don’t do this. It has no upside at all.
I'll need to mull this over. It might have upside. My colleagues and I are writing an article about how the Zetas fixed a horse race in the US by having the gatekeeper slightly delay the openings of the other horses gates. The Zeta horse, Mr. Piloto, won by a nose. I'll have to double check, but I believe that gatekeeper confessed. As a social scientist, I'm kind of interested in exploring how the world is, not how we want it to be.

It needs to be discussed as a possibility. I like his courage for saying it, reckless as it may be.
I think it really shows how Rudy's never been afraid to speak his mind even though he knows it has real downside (he has after all been the target of the most blatant retaliation call in the history of sports). I really respect him for that.

Hat to Rudy for saying something who is a reality. I watch the game and Ref were beyond awful and partial. It's one of the 2 reasons why Minny loose, the second beeing poor 3 pts shooting.

Bummed the Nets dropped back to back against the Pistons/Hornets, would have a real shot at #8 otherwise.

I hate tanking, I hate rooting for losses, but maybe the thing I hate the most is having to root for these dumpster fire teams to win so that we can pass them in the odds. Trying to watch and root for this Nets team is painful

Gambling is something that 100% affects the game, probably moreso from the players than the refs, I don’t even want to think about it. Monster under the bed.
A huge factor when it comes to gambling in the NBA is that single games matter so little in the regular season. When every game has higher potential of being important, throwing a game is a much higher risk.

Luka with 39 points, 10 assists, and 10 rebounds last night.
Dude is gonna hold all the records if he can stay healthy.

His last 5 games:
39, 10, 10
35, 11, 11
39, 11, 10
38, 10, 11
37, 11, 12

And he is doing it efficiently shooting wise. Over 50% from the field in each game. Can't get more consistent than that.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Luka is averaging 35 points, 10 assists and 9 rebounds for the season. 50% from the field, and 38% from three. 1.4 steals too.

His turnovers are a little high (3.9) and his free throw shooting could be better (78.6)

Just barely turned 25 years old.
In his 6 seasons he has been amazing in each one. He seems to get a little better each year with this year being his best so far. How good is he going to be when he is 27/28 years old? Only thing that will keep him from being the best player all time stat wise is heath. He misses a good chunk of games every year. Also not enough playoff games.

Come to us Luka......

A huge factor when it comes to gambling in the NBA is that single games matter so little in the regular season. When every game has higher potential of being important, throwing a game is a much higher risk.
It's so out in the open too. Players have mentioned several times how people are shouting at them their live bets, "I need 2 more points or whatever". The live betting is crazy, and you're out of your mind if you think zero players are effected by this.

How is Scott Foster still a ref in the league? Like... how can you be THIS CONNECTED(134 calls in 6 months span...) with a known and confessed dirty ref and keep your job?

I don't think most refs are dirty... a lot of them just make mistakes which is normal. But this one... this one I'm 99.999% sure is dirty AF.

He's making $41,000,000 this year. Averaging 33.9 min/gm, assuming 82 games/season, that means he's making more than that every 7 minutes he plays. I think he'll be fine.
It's crazy when you put it in that kind of perspective.

The money these guys make is obscene

Nice win for the Rockets today but looked like a gnarly injury for Sengun, he was wheeled off the court.

Hopefully he is ok, the Rockets may be hard to stay below if he misses significant time

He's making $41,000,000 this year. Averaging 33.9 min/gm, assuming 82 games/season, that means he's making more than that every 7 minutes he plays. I think he'll be fine.
It's not so much the amount as compared to his salary, but as compared to the amount players are generally fined for remarks about officiating. Usually it's around $25K or in extreme cases $50K. So $100K is a huge fine by comparison.

I bet it was more about KO not having much interest in sticking around here for 13mil. He is in a much better position minutes wise in Toronto than he was ever going to be here with Collins, Kessler, Lauri and Hendricks.
Not to mention up to 3 rookies