What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Watching this Nets team play basketball makes me sad. They've got some nice pieces in isolation but they are just clunky to watch and don't even have their picks

Watching this Nets team play basketball makes me sad. They've got some nice pieces in isolation but they are just clunky to watch and don't even have their picks
They are bad and just kinda lazy. They look cooked. If Houston really offered the nets their picks back for bridges they maybe should take that. Donovan could request out if Cleveland sucks in the playoffs and that may save them but yeah… not sure what they are going for. Maybe we should merge with them?

Can anyone pull up the Sixers record before and after the injury to Embiid? Seems like they have really sucked since his injury. I feel like they were top 4 in the nba with embiid and are one of the worst teams without him.
MVP.

Edit: Actually this was easier to look up than I thought.
With embiid they were 26-8. Winning percentage of 76.5
Without embiid they are 10-22. Winning percentage of 31.3

PPG went from 121 points per game to 108 points per game.

Last edited:
Can anyone pull up the Sixers record before and after the injury to Embiid? Seems like they have really sucked since his injury. I feel like they were top 4 in the nba with embiid and are one of the worst teams without him.
MVP.
Statmuse and Copilot seem to disagree.

1710511600165.png

1710511790459.png

Statmuse and Copilot seem to disagree.

View attachment 16127

View attachment 16128
Went from the number 2 seed (a 76.5 winning percentage would put them at the number 2 seed right now behind boston) to the number 13 seed (a 32.3 winning percentage would be the #13 seed right now)

A sixers team with embiid = #2 seed just behind boston in the east. Sixers without embiid = being just higher than charlotte hornets in the standings in the east.

The reason the sixers are still in the playoff picture is because embiid played in 34 games. If he doesn't play at all then the sixers are kicking it with charlotte, washington and the pistons at the bottom of the standings.

fwiw they are 3-7 in their last 10 games.

This all makes sense considering that embiid was averaging 35 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists in 34 minutes per game. All three statistical numbers are up from last year (when he was the mvp) while his minutes per game is actually down. His efficiency is higher this season than in his mvp season as well.

too bad he got hurt. 76ers would have been fun to watch in the playoffs going against boston, bucks, cavs etc.

Last edited:
So looking at the TWolves… Ant is basically a lock for all nba which will push his salary 7M higher each year. Between that and the Conley extension they will be at 200M in salary or thereabouts. Looking at 25M+ over the tax. Looking at a 60M luxury tax… Anderson and Morris walk which aren’t massive losses… but only ways to cut salary in a significant way is moving one of their really good players. Man if they have a disappointing playoff there will be some budget cuts… if healthy they’d still be really good but their depth gonna take a hit. Anyway… with the KAT injury and when he might come back it may mess their first round series up. A foundation is being laid for maybe a step back or two in 2025.
I see them as the 20-21 Jazz who will indeed disappoint come playoff time.

Old man LeBron with 40, 8 and 9 last night in a big win over the warriors.
What he can still do at his age after all the miles on his body is incredible.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Old man LeBron with 40, 8 and 9 last night in a big win over the warriors.
What he can still do at his age after all the miles on his body is incredible.

Indeed a great stat line, even for a 28 year old. But they lost.
The only thing that makes me sad is they both couldn't lose.

Indeed a great stat line, even for a 28 year old. But they lost.
The only thing that makes me sad is they both couldn't lose.
They actually won