What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Love that roster.
Embiid is underrated on jazzfanz (much like Luka)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I think there are concerns on Embiid about longevity. The biggest concern on both guys for me is they won’t become available… and when they do they will pick their new home essentially. If we trade for a star it will be like the Donny deal and that tier of player imo.

Don really could have done us dirty. We should be forever grateful he didn’t provide us with “the list” of acceptable trade locations.

Obviously having a healthy Embiid would be great, but I'm not sure I'd sell the farm for him. He's a huge question mark going forward in terms of playing enough games.

Obviously having a healthy Embiid would be great, but I'm not sure I'd sell the farm for him. He's a huge question mark going forward in terms of playing enough games.
Agreed but being the jazz we need to take more risk than some of the other franchises.

We aren't gonna get a young always healthy MVP.

Might have to settle for an end of their prime injury risk MVP.

I will take any MVP level player though. Can't be too picky when it comes to MVP's

The risk would be kinda high but the reward might just be the franchise first championship. That reward outweighs the risk imo

Love that roster.
Embiid is underrated on jazzfanz (much like Luka)

I would gladly throw all our assets at either Embiid or Luka, as long as it's adding them to our core. I think we have better supporting pieces and better potential to add other supporting pieces than either of the teams they are on right now.

Agreed but being the jazz we need to take more risk than some of the other franchises.

We aren't gonna get a young always healthy MVP.

Might have to settle for an end of their prime injury risk MVP.

I will take any MVP level player though. Can't be too picky when it comes to MVP's

The risk would be kinda high but the reward might just be the franchise first championship. That reward outweighs the risk imo

Would definitely give up a number of picks for him, but he has to want to come here and you'd need to not gut the team too much.

I think there are concerns on Embiid about longevity. The biggest concern on both guys for me is they won’t become available… and when they do they will pick their new home essentially. If we trade for a star it will be like the Donny deal and that tier of player imo.

Don really could have done us dirty. We should be forever grateful he didn’t provide us with “the list” of acceptable trade locations.
The "list" only works on the tail end of a current contract. Don was at the start of his.

Not sure if this was posted. I'm too lazy to check...

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115538-landing-spots-for-donovan-mitchell-if-cavs-trade-star-guard-during-nba-offseason

According to Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report, Donovan Mitchell will likely not re-sign in Cleveland barring a NBA Finals run:

“Mitchell is all but certain to decline his $37.1 million player option for the 2025-26 season to explore unrestricted free agency next July.

The buzz in NBA circles suggests that barring a run to the NBA Finals, Mitchell will decline an extension and look elsewhere, and the Cavaliers are more likely than not to move him well before he can leave outright as a free agent.”

I’m also blown away that minny kept this together. At the end of last year it looked like just a horrible deal. Slow mo and Gobert were yelling at each other during timeouts. It looked like they’d have to break this team apart. clearly not happening this year. Heck, if anything, minny is doing just fine without KAT.

I’m also blown away that minny kept this together. At the end of last year it looked like just a horrible deal. Slow mo and Gobert were yelling at each other during timeouts. It looked like they’d have to break this team apart. clearly not happening this year. Heck, if anything, minny is doing just fine without KAT.
I follow Minny game all second part of season after we go full tanking. ANT is 2 step ahead of Don in terms of mentality, KAT is smart enough to accept to be a number 2. Deep bench,NAZ,... Mike as floor general... lots of good ingredients. Slomo having a rough year until last month help him probably too to be more team oriented. Not sure this will translate into a big run at PO but it's nice to see. Ant also say he is close with Rudy, chatting a lot together. Probably one of the reason why Rudy is back to his level.

Gafford played 24 minutes last night for Dallas. 12-12 from the field for 26 points.

Luka with his normal ho hum game. 39 points. 12 rebounds. 10 assists. Still cracks me up that some jazz fans wouldn't want Luka because he is a whiny ball hog lol.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Was last night Embiid first game back?

Put up 37 points (54.5% from the field, 44.4% from three, 90% from the line), 11 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 blocks.

He is averaging 35 points per game this season. This is another guy that some jazz fans wouldn't want on the jazz.

Just a reminder that LeBron is 39 years old and averaging 26 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists. Shooting 54% from the field and 41% from three.

Crazy how good he is at his age.

For comparison Jordan at 39 averaged 20 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists (he played 2 more minutes per game than LeBron this season fwiw) and shot 45% from the field and 29% from 3. Pretty impressive season as well really.

Was last night Embiid first game back?

Put up 37 points (54.5% from the field, 44.4% from three, 90% from the line), 11 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 blocks.

He is averaging 35 points per game this season. This is another guy that some jazz fans wouldn't want on the jazz.

Embiid has played 4 games since returning.

Gafford played 24 minutes last night for Dallas. 12-12 from the field for 26 points.

Luka with his normal ho hum game. 39 points. 12 rebounds. 10 assists. Still cracks me up that some jazz fans wouldn't want Luka because he is a whiny ball hog lol.

I'd take him in a heartbeat and give up anything and everything not named Lauri to do so. Lauri and Luka would be an unbelievable dynamic duo.