What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

It’s pretty incredible how good they are on defense with Rudy and those other long defenders. There were so many times I kept waiting for Rudy to have to bail guys out and instead mcdaniels or Ant put up incredible resistance and got a steal or deflection. I really wonder what might’ve been had we drafted mcdaniels.

To think that our primary playoffs perimeter defender was Bogey….insane.

Also, the amount of people who bickered with me over the idea of trading for Josh Hart. Complete insanity.

Also, the amount of people who bickered with me over the idea of trading for Josh Hart. Complete insanity.
LOL wow! Forgot about that. We really ****ed up

Also, why did we give NAW away again? Was he thrown into the deal with Gobert? It’s pretty crazy to me that 3 of Minny’s contributors were on our team. 2 of them are starters for a top WC team spanking the Phx all stars. NAW and Rudy were looked great today. I also see that Royce had double figures for Phx.

What do we have to show for it?

These next few drafts better yield a franchise player or two or we could be in some real trouble.

I’m really pulling for Minny. I’ve adopted them as my team this year. I’d just love for Rudy and Mike to finally win it. Well deserved for both of those studs.

Also, why did we give NAW away again? Was he thrown into the deal with Gobert? It’s pretty crazy to me that 3 of Minny’s contributors were on our team. 2 of them are starters for a top WC team spanking the Phx all stars. NAW and Rudy were looked great today. I also see that Royce had double figures for Phx.

These next few drafts better yield a franchise player or two or we could be in some real trouble.

I’m really pulling for Minny. I’ve adopted them as my team this year. I’d just love for Rudy and Mike to finally win it. Well deserved for both of those studs.

We did a lot of strange **** at the end of the Don/Rudy days. You mentioned McDaniels. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think 100% of this forum and fans in general wanted Jaden or Bane. Nobody wanted another C after we had committed so much to that position.

I also don’t want to let it go that people really thought Rudy Gay, in place of Rudy Gobert at the 5, was going to be our saving grace. Old *** Rudy Gay with those traffic cones. What a joke. That concluded our run of MLE signings that went Ed Davis - Favors - Gay. What a pathetic run of signings lol.

People will have different opinions on Don and Rudy, but there’s no mistaking the fact that as a franchise we just totally boofed it.

People will have different opinions on Don and Rudy, but there’s no mistaking the fact that as a franchise we just totally boofed it.

In the draft absolutely. It's even fair to guess that if we'd drafted Bane the Don/Rudy window would have been extended another two or three years.
As to FA's it's not like we get to bring in the cream of the crop from the FA market so Rudy Gay it was.
Going back as far as Antoin Carr, Eric Leckner etc etc we most often sign guys clinging to hope that their earning days aren't over.

NAW was a throw in into that disaster of a Lakers deal, because Minny insisted. Most of us hated it, and even Zanik sounded like they didnt want to give him up but had to or the deal would have fallen apart.

However you are just 100% wrong about us being in "real trouble" if we dont land a franchise player within next few offseasons. That statement makes no sense. If we cannot get this iteration to work we sell the key pieces and move on to next one with even more draft capital as a starting point. But in no situation are we screwed, and not getting a guy is only just postponing the window.

The most frustrating part is that... we kept doing this for years! This was years long project of adding more and more shooters while sacrificing more and more of the defense. It was like the boiling frog - we kept giving Rudy less and less help defensively hoping he will manage to cover for more and more sieves and he was handling it... relatively well... and we never realized just how cooked we were until it was too late and proverbial frog finally died in the boiling water of the playoffs.

NAW was a throw in into that disaster of a Lakers deal, because Minny insisted. Most of us hated it, and even Zanik sounded like they didnt want to give him up but had to or the deal would have fallen apart.

However you are just 100% wrong about us being in "real trouble" if we dont land a franchise player within next few offseasons. That statement makes no sense. If we cannot get this iteration to work we sell the key pieces and move on to next one with even more draft capital as a starting point. But in no situation are we screwed, and not getting a guy is only just postponing the window.
So extend the tank by a few more years?! Yay! I can’t wait to watch more ****** basketball until we finally score a franchise player in 2040!

So extend the tank by a few more years?! Yay! I can’t wait to watch more ****** basketball until we finally score a franchise player in 2040!
You act as dramatic as a 15 year old girl. Maybe consider taking a bit more composed approach?

The only way to guarantee getting a franchise player is overpaying to get a proven one. However that is far from risk free strategy. Every possible strategy includes a combination of risk and luck in various degrees. Deep tanking for instance is less risky but requires way more luck.

So your sky is falling act applies to your preferred plan (whatever it is) as much as any other plan.

You act as dramatic as a 15 year old girl. Maybe consider taking a bit more composed approach?

The only way to guarantee getting a franchise player is overpaying to get a proven one. However that is far from risk free strategy. Every possible strategy includes a combination of risk and luck in various degrees. Deep tanking for instance is less risky but requires way more luck.

So your sky is falling act applies to your preferred plan (whatever it is) as much as any other plan.

dude can't help but open his mouth and display his hysterical ignorance with no hint of self awareness

Ya screwed is paying ben Simmons 40 million dollars per year.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The most frustrating part is that... we kept doing this for years! This was years long project of adding more and more shooters while sacrificing more and more of the defense. It was like the boiling frog - we kept giving Rudy less and less help defensively hoping he will manage to cover for more and more sieves and he was handling it... relatively well... and we never realized just how cooked we were until it was too late and proverbial frog finally died in the boiling water of the playoffs.

I thought Quin had a good tenure, but he was also a big problem with this. He created a defensive system that allowed him to dominate the regular season with Rudy and 4 scrubs defensive scrubs. But I think we were so entrenched in that system that our player developed bad habits that were even worse. Royce, for example, was a good on ball defender at one time. Remember him sliding his feet versus Harden? But he got so used to letting guys drive by and funnel into Rudy he forgot how to defend like a normal player. Our defense was basically a gimmick that allowed 4 guys to freely let their guy low by them….when it came to playoff time that’s all we knew. Rudy’s habits were also off because he had only played this style of defense and nothing else.

The end of the era was so frustrating. We refused to change even though what we had was proven to not work time and time again. I feel like my most heated arguments back in the day was just being open to the idea that we should trade some of our offense first guys for a different skillset. Even if that meant we got a “worse” player on paper, those other skills would have gone a long way.

In the draft absolutely. It's even fair to guess that if we'd drafted Bane the Don/Rudy window would have been extended another two or three years.
As to FA's it's not like we get to bring in the cream of the crop from the FA market so Rudy Gay it was.
Going back as far as Antoin Carr, Eric Leckner etc etc we most often sign guys clinging to hope that their earning days aren't over.

I think the worse part about it was not getting Gay himself, but the concept of benching Gobert at all. It’s like we actually fed into the twitter trolls and believed that we would be better on defense without Gobert. So stupid. We spent so much investment into Rudy’s backup when realistically that is the roster spot we should have cared the least about.

We put so much energy/assets in a backup/alternatice for Rudy and a “Point guard” to play with Don. I think both were foolish endeavors. We were not going to find someone to help our defense more than Rudy, and the perfect backcourt partner for Don already existed on the team. His name was Joe Ingles.

That's andre Jackson jr
39.5 inch vertical at the combine. I would have thought it would be higher after seeing that dunk. Pretty sure that's the highest above the rim I have ever seen anyone get in an NBA game.

Do you think it was a weird camera angle or he pushed off another player to get that high or did he really get to that high? Maybe his vertical at the combine was just a poor showing?

Dude almost had his chest above the rim for God's sake

We spent so much investment into Rudy’s backup when realistically that is the roster spot we should have cared the least about.

This