What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

so is Rudy being played off the court ?? lol

It's funny bc the Suns have 3 guys that are supposed to make Gobert unplayable. Yeah, I don't think Reggie Jackson was cooking us bc of Gobert.

Gobert arguably the best player through 2 games in a series that features KD, Book, and Edwards after getting voted most overrated player

It would be hard to argue otherwise.

I expect we'll see people saying that Rudy still sucks and it's all about the perimeter guys for the TWolves. While those other guys are playing great defense, nobody said this when Dray was surrounded by Iggy, Klay, Bogut/Looney.....Giannis with Jrue, Lopez....Kawhi with Gasol, Lowry, Siakam, AD with LeBron, Caruso, KCP ect. In the playoffs, teams will target your weakness. While it is true that Gobert cannot cover up weaknesses in the playoff to the extreme magnitude he does in the RS, the idea that he is unplayable, the cause of our problems, and/or can't be part of a playoff defense is hysterical.

Today Minny was great. Jaden, Mike and Rudy carry the team. Good offense can make you win games but Defense can make you win series. If they maintain the same intensity in defense, Suns will have a tough time. Happy for Rudy and Mike , they deserve it so much.

Lakers get the perfect shooting disparity game, and still lost.

Their depth and quality behind Lebron and AD is just so much worse than what the Nuggets have behind Joker and Murray.
And they have joker, who is basically a god among men.

Ant had a bad game.... and they still blew the suns out. Geez, I don't really like what we've done in the last 2 years but they're loads better off

So far in the Bucks - Pacers series...

First half Dame:
18-31 from field, 12-21 from 3, 61 points, +13

Second half Dame:
3-14 from field, 0-3 from 3, 8 points,, -43

When you sum it up everything but the plus minus seems great, but its weird how big of a difference there is in his 1st and 2nd half numbers/impact. Guess he depletes the tank a bit early on and doesnt have much left for the final stretch....

Yeah, that's what it is mostly. Hes a very high feel player. There's more to basketball IQ than a single all encompassing attribute
Having constant brain farts for no reason is not a high feel high IQ player. He’s very skilled.

They aren't constant and the high IQ plays outweigh the over aggressive bad ones
“I’m a great driver except for the times I back into a pole once a week”. I’m not saying he’s a net negative. I’m simply saying his career is marked with questionable decision making and feel. It might be the thing that holds him back most other than controlling his emotions. He’s a good player not because he is some basketball Mensa but because he’s a strong athletic 7 footer that moves well and shoots like a shooting guard.

KATs over the back foul yesterday was one of the dumbest least aware plays I think I’ve seen in the playoffs this far.

“I’m a great driver except for the times I back into a pole once a week”. I’m not saying he’s a net negative. I’m simply saying his career is marked with questionable decision making and feel. It might be the thing that holds him back most other than controlling his emotions. He’s a good player not because he is some basketball Mensa but because he’s a strong athletic 7 footer that moves well and shoots like a shooting guard.
He's also a great passer who understands spacing and was one of the best passer to Gobert I've seen immediately. That's IQ.

Gobert getting lots of flowers these days. Cool to see, sad it couldn’t happen with the Jazz.

Oof.. :(

Stop :( :(

Any moron fan manages to pick McDaniels or Bane there. An all time ****up by the FO

Apparently, the scouting staff did a 45-min presentation on why the Jazz should draft McDaniels. Then DL drafted Dok. Just noticed that Dok is still on the Suns' roster.

Apparently, the scouting staff did a 45-min presentation on why the Jazz should draft McDaniels. Then DL drafted Dok. Just curious, is Dok still on the Suns' roster?
I just tried to google him, and realized I don't even remember the name. My brain typed 'Udoka' in the search bar. I only remember the 'Dok' part.

Hell of a pick!