What's new

The *OFFICAIL* Jazzfanz Crypto Mining Thread

Went to look at Honey Miner and got this: Effective October 16, 2021, Honeyminer has ceased operations. We are proud to have helped bring cryptocurrency mining securely to the masses and thankful to our users for coming with us on this amazing journey. We are working on an exciting new offering, please stay tuned for updates.
I don't know much about them specifically but they sound similar to nicehash. I think there are a couple others like nicehash out there. Nicehash is legit and stuff but they have done some stuff within the community that turns me off and they had a pretty big scandal several years ago where one of the people at the top just up and booked it with a bunch of other people's money. They kind of sort of compensated people (in the same coin after the coin had lost a lot of value) and have been okay since then.

They make things easy, but I'd do the 5% more work and just download a miner and use a mining pool.

Pretty amazing how many crypto commercials we saw yesterday. FTX, Coinbase, crypto.com, eToro... kind of felt like how SB commercials were before the .com crash.

I own a number of SHIB coins. It had a huge uptick the end of Oct but has steadily dropped since then. I think we'll be lucky if it hits .02

View attachment 11406

I bought 2 billion SANTA coins. I am hoping it gets up to just .00005
I have 10 million SHIB now. Just want it to get to 0.001, or even 1 cent would be awesome. Still hoping for that $1 spike!! ;)

I have 10 million SHIB now. Just want it to get to 0.001, or even 1 cent would be awesome. Still hoping for that $1 spike!! ;)
I bumped my holdings up to 4 mil SHIB. I think .001 is very doable. As much as I'd like to see $1 I'd be ecstatic with .01

I just keep adding $10 per week. I need to familiarize myself with NFT's. Seems like this is the next big thing.
I am working on a set of NFTs with my daughter. She is something of an artist and she makes these cute little illustrations her friends love on Facebook. So we are looking at developing an instagram presence and twitter and she is also joining a few artist groups that have driven some large NFT releases. She has about 200 of them right now, working on more. We'll see where that goes. She is handling the art and I am handling the marketing and my SIL and I are both working on the actual NFT development. Splitting it 60/40 for them, whatever it generates. Should be interesting.

I bumped my holdings up to 4 mil SHIB. I think .001 is very doable. As much as I'd like to see $1 I'd be ecstatic with .01
Just need Musk to tweet out something about it being the next big thing, watch it blow the roof off for a day, break your fingers/mouse selling until Musk states he was simply kidding and it falls faster than an elbow from Malone.

50% drop in my portfolio right now. It will bounce back at some point, but definitely not pretty.
Roughly the same for me. Although mine is mostly in BTC so I took a little less of a hit but still.

I have dumped about $2500 into various alt-coins and Luna during and right after the crash. I think Mark Cuban is right that this is more like the adjustment that happened when the Internet was new and that a lot of these, especially those with stronger backing, will bounce back. Might be a half a decade or longer and they might never touch their previous highs, but they'll come back up. Luna alone I believe will at least get back to the $1 peg level, maybe even get into the $10-$20 range. I like what they have planned for Terra and that bodes well for a rebound.

I'm still mining and cashing out. I've sold a few cards so instead of where I was at the high point in terms of both my hashrate and difficulty I was cashing out every 5 days for ~$300, then difficulty went up but so did price so I was cashing out for ~$400 every 7-8 days, then it started slipping and I was at ~$300 every 9 days. Right now I'm cashing out every 14 days for ~$200. I've gotten about $3500 selling cards and I think I'm going to sell a big chunk of what I have soon. Card prices have really dropped and if ETH goes POS in August I would have made more money selling the cards 2-3 months ago than I would have mining on them and selling them now.

I'm still mining and cashing out. I've sold a few cards so instead of where I was at the high point in terms of both my hashrate and difficulty I was cashing out every 5 days for ~$300, then difficulty went up but so did price so I was cashing out for ~$400 every 7-8 days, then it started slipping and I was at ~$300 every 9 days. Right now I'm cashing out every 14 days for ~$200. I've gotten about $3500 selling cards and I think I'm going to sell a big chunk of what I have soon. Card prices have really dropped and if ETH goes POS in August I would have made more money selling the cards 2-3 months ago than I would have mining on them and selling them now.
I've been reading that due to the adjustment that just happened they are probably pushing off any major changes until things stabilize again. You could get another few months out of it.

I've been reading that due to the adjustment that just happened they are probably pushing off any major changes until things stabilize again. You could get another few months out of it.
The difficulty bomb hasn't been delayed yet so until that happens I'm planning for ETH to end in a few months.

Random question here, how does this work with tax filings? Just like any other income earned or is it something different entirely?

Random question here, how does this work with tax filings? Just like any other income earned or is it something different entirely?
Yeah, it should be counted as income. If you form an LLC or some other type of business it makes it easier to claim your equipment expenses against mining income.

That said, unless you cross a certain threshold (not sure what it is) places where you keep/transfer your crypto will not need to report your earnings.