What's new

The **OFFICIAL** 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

Its painful to watch hibbert run the floor

Is it weird that I follow the NBA so closely but I kind of hate everything that it has become?

The NFL and MLB seem like sports that became what they are through an organic process.

Everything about the NBA is so packaged and fake.

Not just talking abou the all star game, but the league as a whole.

NBA peaked in the 90's and will probly never get back to that.

I can't say anything about the MLB or NFL, but I get what you're saying about the NBA. I still love it though.

WTF am I watching? Streetball from 10 years ago?

AS weekend is as relevant as a Beantown thread.

Nba all star game still > pro bowl

Never watched the pro bowl

Never been diagnosed as mentally retarded either

attachment.php

Would rather watch pro bowlers than the pro bowl tbh

89 points at halftime.

This game might be more interesting if they simply made them take it back at halfcourt.

That half-time show was among the best I've ever seen, in terms of music

Sounds pretty cool. Should have watched that instead of the first half of the game

Dunk contests at this point need to evolve into another concept.

I think you mean "De-evolution!"
De-evolution or devolution is a theory that a species is actually evolving backward. This is often favored by Biblical literalists who like to view Adam and Eve as perfect beings who were created, and that the human race has "devolved" from them. De-evolution is sometimes formalized by the assertion that all mutations destroy information, rather than create information.

The term is also used by cynics and misanthropes to refer to the perceived increasing dominance of the stupid.

...it is quite evident in today's NBA! Basketball players have gone from fundamentally sound to.......pathetically flawed! It is also evident by there desire to "hang on the rim" rather than put the ball through the rim! You will also notice that years ago when players broke the huddle, they would be concentrating on what the coach had just said whereas today, primitive "chest bumping" and other "primate" maneuvers are more of a concern! Tonight's All-star game is another evidence of De-evolution! Supposed superior athletes from times past shot just 30-100 from three point land despite no defense whatsoever being played throughout the game!