What's new

The official: a team worth cheering for thread.

Shad

Honestly the last 2 years have been pretty awful for the Jazz. Snyder wouldn't make adjustments in the playoffs for 3 years straight. The lockerroom was the worst it's ever been last year but here we are.

I expect Conley, Clarkson, and/or bogie to be out the door next to the Lakers.

I hope we do our best at tanking for Victor but still have a great turnout for all our young players.

Let's go!

Of all the people who could have started this thread... LOL. Well played Shad.

Next year is going to be fun simply because:

#1 - An entirely new crop of guys - our entire starting corp and rotation may be 100% refreshed depending on a Westbrook swap. They may not be great, but seeing new faces and seeing who stands out will be exciting
#2 - No expectations. Anyone remember the 2003 team? Before the season began, many people were saying that we might be the worst team in NBA history yet Sloan guided a bunch of nobodies to a 42-40 record. Unlikely we do that this year, but the pressure won't be on us
#3 - No drama. Not from Spida, not from Rudy, nobody. A locker room full of misfit toys looking to prove their next contract and who is worth keeping and who isn't
#4 - New coach and new schemes. We don't have to run away from small ball and personnel issues. We can dare to be different

I will watch the games - I wouldn't have said that had we ran it back with Snyder and Co. again knowing what the ending would be.

Next year is going to be fun simply because:

#1 - An entirely new crop of guys - our entire starting corp and rotation may be 100% refreshed depending on a Westbrook swap. They may not be great, but seeing new faces and seeing who stands out will be exciting
#2 - No expectations. Anyone remember the 2003 team? Before the season began, many people were saying that we might be the worst team in NBA history yet Sloan guided a bunch of nobodies to a 42-40 record. Unlikely we do that this year, but the pressure won't be on us
#3 - No drama. Not from Spida, not from Rudy, nobody. A locker room full of misfit toys looking to prove their next contract and who is worth keeping and who isn't
#4 - New coach and new schemes. We don't have to run away from small ball and personnel issues. We can dare to be different

I will watch the games - I wouldn't have said that had we ran it back with Snyder and Co. again knowing what the ending would be.
To point #4 I really hope to see a special emphasis on defense. I was so tired of watching 1 guy on the floor give a **** about defense when everyone else so obviously did NOT give a ****. If we had had maybe 1 more guy who really cared about defense beyond Rudy and kind of O'Neale (and poor Bogey who cared but just couldn't get the job done), then that would have been all we needed. We would have had a really solid chance at winning it all, but Snyder didn't give a **** about team D so neither did the team. I hope this next iteration takes this into account and gives us a team that makes an effort on both ends of the floor.