What's new

The official declare who you want the Jazz to draft thread

seattlejazzfan

using DX's mock, you can have anybody who they list up to 5 slots ahead of where the Jazz draft. for example, at #24, you can have anybody they list as high as #19 and later. at #30, anybody as high as 25 or later.

List your top 3 at each draft position.

at #24

1. Jeanne
2. Diallo
3. Leaf

1) Diallo
2) Bam
3) Peters

1) Peters
2) FJ
3) Motley

using DX's mock, you can have anybody who they list up to 5 slots ahead of where the Jazz draft. for example, at #24, you can have anybody they list as high as #19 and later. at #30, anybody as high as 25 or later.

List your top 3 at each draft position.

at #24

1. Jeanne
2. Diallo
3. Leaf

1) Diallo
2) Bam
3) Peters

1) Peters
2) FJ
3) Motley

The Jazz have 4 picks. The last one is #55 iirc

24 and 30 (seems silly to separate these two since they are so close, I will just list my top 6)

1. Kuzma
2. F Jackson
3. Kurucs
4. Ojeleye
5. White
6. Wilson

42 and 55

1. Motley
2. Hart
3. Swanigan
4. Dozier
5. Iwundu
6. Wiley

Last edited:
I don't think we will have more than 2 rookies on the team next year. I think one pick will be draft and stash and the later second rounder will be an G league roster spot guy. Used DX to guess what might be available...

24 - Kurucs, Lydon or Giles
30 - Semi, Maryland Justin Jackson, Lessort or whoever is the highest rated draft and stash
42 - Semi, Frank Jackson, Kuzma, Motley
55 - Iwundu, Robinson, Oliver

As usual I have several players I like, but I got this suspicion the jazz won't be keeping their picks.

I'm undecided how I feel about using them. On the one hand the jazz kind of suck at drafting. On the other, it is really bad basketball business to trade away draft picks for one or two year rentals.

If I could draft anyone outside the upper tier it would be Justin Jackson. I think his length, three point shooting, smarts and maturity really fits this jazz team. But, He will go several spots ahead of the jazz picks.

I am intrigued by Patton, DJ Wilson, and Kuzma. Frank Jackson seems like a no brainer. I also like PJ dozier, but iirc his shooting makes me nervous. I like that Sindarius Thornwell but his pot suspension makes me think he is not coming to the jaz anytime soon.

Nobody is even talking about Nigel Hayes being drafted, maybe he is in jail, or has no more knee cartridge or is just not as good as I think I remember him being, Anyway I would like to see him in Jazz camp and play for the Stars next season.

Mmk, using your rules and the current DX mock:

24- Giles, Jackson, Ferguson

30- Giles, Jackson, Ferguson

42- Jackson, Hayes, Iwundu

55- Hayes, Iwundu, Oliver

Seem to be much higher on some guys than DX is.

Edit:

I think my ideal 4 to come away (reasonably) with would be: Giles, Jackson, Iwundu, Hayes.

Last edited:
Oops, my apologies to the OP.

Let me try again within the rules..

24- Rabb, Patterson, DJ Wilson

30-Frank Jackson, Dj Wilson, Kuzma

42- Frank Jackson, Kuzma, Swanigan,

54- Aleksandar Vezenkov, George De Paula, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Nigel Hayes

24 and 30

Kurucs
Hartenstein
pasecniks
Jeanne
Giles
Diallo
Ferguson
Jacskon
Bryant

42 and 54

Swanigan
Bradley
peters
kuzma
Hart
Brooks
Dozier
Bolden
Dorsey
Robinson
Oliver
Simmons

Oops, my apologies to the OP.

Let me try again within the rules..

24- Rabb, Patterson, DJ Wilson

30-Frank Jackson, Dj Wilson, Kuzma

42- Frank Jackson, Kuzma, Swanigan,

54- Aleksandar Vezenkov, George De Paula, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Nigel Hayes

+1 for De Paula as well, still a big fan of his, especially if we don't pick up a guard prospect earlier in the draft.

24: Kurucs, Kennard, Wilson (I'd be very tempted to take Bam at 24 if he's there.)

30: Bolden, Wilson, Hartenstein, Pasecniks

42: Bell, Oliver, Robinson

55: Robinson, Hart, Dorsey (Sleeper at #55: Blakeney)

My feeling on Giles is that if he passes his medicals and does well in workouts, he won't be available at #24. If he's available at 24, we should probably pass on him.

Last edited:
Jawun Evans. Team needs should be addressed through free agency. This far down the draft you simply go after best player still on the board.

I like Motley and Bolden a lot. Jeanne will be a long term project, maybe worth a punt.