What's new

The Official Derrick Favors really has a hold on me thread

fallenchicken

All I want you to do is just hold me, hold me, hold meee.

And stop fouling.

14wx28o.jpg

He is getting the rookie treatment from the Ref's. It is almost like they try to break down the rookies there first year. I feel like he is going to be just fine next year. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if he is starting next year and Milsap is coming off the bench and doing work on second team powerforward. It would only make sense as we need a scorer on the second team.

He fouls too much but that will improve. I'm impressed with the fact he actually is able to catch passes in traffic and finish well around the basket. He already is good on defense.

He is getting the rookie treatment from the Ref's. It is almost like they try to break down the rookies there first year. I feel like he is going to be just fine next year. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if he is starting next year and Milsap is coming off the bench and doing work on second team powerforward. It would only make sense as we need a scorer on the second team.

The one thing I like about Corbin thus far is he's not afraid to try different line-ups, even if it means benching a veteran.
Since Jefferson is the primary option and can put up 25-28 pts/per, I'd really like to see the Jazz continue to start Favors as the defensive presence & rebounder at the 4, with CJ remaining the starter at the 2. Between Al, CJ and Devin, there just won't be too many shots left for others. Then have Millsap come in late first and be the primary option after the quarter break when Jefferson sits. Millsap can dominate backups; he'd be a great 6th man. Wouldn't change his overall minutes, it would just allow Paul more touches, especially with Watson not looking to score either.

Starting the last 2 games, Favors has been good for 12.5 PPG, 5.5 RPG, and 1.5 BPG. He's also put up those numbers without coming close to playing 30 minutes in either game (24 against Philly, 25 against Minny).

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic but I don't think the Jazz have had a player with this much potential come into the orginization in over 20+ years. As Favors grows more comfortable with the Jazz system (and the NBA in general) and settles into being a fulltime starter, I see know reason that he's not a 20-10 guy night in and night out.

Did you know The Jimmer's shaddow is so large that it blocked the sun for three days?

Favors would be lucky play with The Jimmer and catch smiles from his boyfriend.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to franklin again.

The one thing I like about Corbin thus far is he's not afraid to try different line-ups, even if it means benching a veteran.
Since Jefferson is the primary option and can put up 25-28 pts/per, I'd really like to see the Jazz continue to start Favors as the defensive presence & rebounder at the 4, with CJ remaining the starter at the 2. Between Al, CJ and Devin, there just won't be too many shots left for others. Then have Millsap come in late first and be the primary option after the quarter break when Jefferson sits. Millsap can dominate backups; he'd be a great 6th man. Wouldn't change his overall minutes, it would just allow Paul more touches, especially with Watson not looking to score either.

Favors at the 5, Jefferson at the 4.

Franky, I reppp'd this post because I couldn't rep you again. You got meta-reppp'd, which must mean you're drinkin the good ****

So I repped this one as well. Metametarep. I think we almost went back in time.

Favors stuns me with the type of rebounds he gets. I think he has great hands and a good feel around the basket. But...He has a funny looking shot and I haven't seen him dribble the ball more than twice. I can't wait to see what he looks like after a summer of work.

Damn only 18 minutes??? I love Sap.. Jefferson played like **** tonight.. can't this kid get more minutes then that???

He sprained his ankle. Otherwise maybe he would have played a few more minutes.

What impressed me the most was that great defensive play he had..stopped the penetrator and then reached back and swatted the ball away on the baseline.

IMO, we should start Millsap (at SF) and Favors (at PF). I would also move Andrei to the bench as the back up PF. Going by that logic I would go with this depth chart:

PG: Devin Harris, Earl Watson, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Raja Bell, Ronnie Price
SF: Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Jeremy Evans
PF: Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko, Jeremy Evans
C: Al Jefferson, Kyrylo Fesenko, Francisco Elson

This would give us our best offensive and defensive starting lineup. We would also have really good bench play.

IMO, we should start Millsap (at SF) and Favors (at PF). I would also move Andrei to the bench as the back up PF. Going by that logic I would go with this depth chart:

PG: Devin Harris, Earl Watson, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Raja Bell, Ronnie Price
SF: Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Jeremy Evans
PF: Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko, Jeremy Evans
C: Al Jefferson, Kyrylo Fesenko, Francisco Elson

This would give us our best offensive and defensive starting lineup. We would also have really good bench play.

you really think that Paul Millsap is quick enough to guard the SF?