What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Again, what a shock!

I just don’t understand anyone who could support this. It’s like republicans have never played this political game before. YOU CAN LOSE. It’s fine. In a democracy, losing is a part of the game. It shows you where you need to improve. Unfortunately, rather than reevaluate platform and candidates, the GOP is hell bent in staying in power by ruining the game and destroying our democratic institutions.

Someone smarter than me explain why this is happening. It makes zero sense to me. Why?

1. The precedent set is awful. What happens the next time a more capable Trump comes along? Do republicans not understand that the very tactics they’re using can be used against them? What happens if President Warren then asks North Korea to interfere in the 2024 election?

Why are they acting like they must stick with Trump or democracy in America is dead? Their party can survive. Heck, they could flourish if they dump Trump now and embrace a moderate candidate. Plenty of current disenfranchised republicans and less woke Democrats would join a party led by someone like a Kasick or Buttigeg.

2. Senators have much longer terms than Representatives. Many of these guys aren’t going to be up for another 4 or 6 years. Shouldn’t that give them a sense of security to be able to take a stand against Trump?

3. Republicans asking for the 2020 election (that trump attempted to cheat on) to be the judge of this is asinine. Tim Miller of the Bulwark had a great comparison to this. It’s like saying that Lance Armstrong shouldn’t be punished for cheating. Let the upcoming race that he doped for to be the ultimate judge. It’s ridiculous. If Trump is left in office to run in 2020, what’s stopping him from trying this same damn thing again between now and November 2020?

This entire thing is so frustrating. And the precedent that it sets is greatest threat I’ve seen to our democracy in my entire life.

Why in the world would they want to keep that secret?

because Manafort is 100 percent innocent (he definitely wasn’t a connection to Russian oligarchs) and Ukraine not Russia hacked the DNC. Oh and Seth rich.

The Trump campaign didn’t do anything wrong. Witch Hunt!

Bernie Sanders says Israel would have to ‘fundamentally change’ its relationship to Gaza to receive aid if he is elected

Any outrage? This is Quid Pro Quo, right?

Bernie Sanders says Israel would have to ‘fundamentally change’ its relationship to Gaza to receive aid if he is elected

Any outrage? This is Quid Pro Quo, right?

apparently confused by the difference between proper quid pro quo’s that happen every day and the other kind, where you trade your country’s resources to advance your personal power.

I hope you are trolling and not this obtuse.

I could go on for days. But but but Bernies quid pro quo is different. My favorite is Thrillers "what is a non corrupt quid pro quo?" comment.
"I dont view lies and slander to be "valid" criticism"

In your head, you believe that. And since you believe that, I'll add to it that we seem to have the same idea on what valid criticism is.

Except you don't practice what you think you believe. You bitched about Biden's quid pro quo, and tried to devalue whistleblower concerns on what dawnie did. You left out:

1. Historical context on what was happening in Ukraine at the time
  2. Historical context on who was bitching about corruption in Ukraine before Biden stepped in
  3. Why Biden positioned to have the prosecutor general of Ukraine removed
  4. That Biden didn't get anything out of it
Did you even bother reading the link I posted? The one that drew a very inclusive timeline of events?

You can say you did. But If you say you did, and your stance is the same after reading and understanding it, I don't believe you.

3 outstanding articles:

Sen Johnson admits that he heard the quid pro quo. But now Johnson is cheerleading Trump because he’s afraid of being primaried.

Max Boot:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/04/gops-choice-betray-trump-or-betray-country/

And Jennifer Rubin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/04/awol-republicans-their-staff-its-time/

we started at “no collusion”

now that collusion is out in the open, it is “no quid pro quo

what’s next “no proof that trump is a baby killer”?

Arg! Beat me to it!

What’s a non-corrupt quid pro quo?

For impeachment it shouldn’t matter. You don’t solicit personal quid pro quos (what’s the plural form?). But I’ve never heard of a non-corrupt quid pro quo and this feels again like this admin is gaslighting us.

So, for all those that said they were still waiting for the quid pro quo...

So Thriller liked that comment saying.

apparently confused by the difference between proper quid pro quo’s

Yet he said this not too long ago

For impeachment it shouldn’t matter. You don’t solicit personal quid pro quos (what’s the plural form?). But I’ve never heard of a non-corrupt quid pro quo

This to me is 100% proof he's a farce. It shows how he is so easily swayed and has absolutely no conviction in his beliefs. He changes based off of Trump or no Trump. Should change his name to The Biden

Lol Gandolfe so pissed now. Why get defensive? Chill out. Anyway just pointing that out. Hypocrites.

Last edited:

For impeachment it shouldn’t matter. You don’t solicit personal quid pro quos (what’s the plural form?). But I’ve never heard of a non-corrupt quid pro quo

This to me is 100% proof he's a farce. It shows how he is so easily swayed and has absolutely no conviction in his beliefs. He changes based off of Trump or no Trump. Should change his name to The Biden

Lol Gandolfe so pissed now. Why get defensive? Chill out. Anyway just pointing that out. Hypocrites.
It's pretty clear from the context of his post he's talking about quid pro quo's for a personal agenda.

Obviously the United States makes deals with other countries in pursuit of our countries interests, no one thinks that's improper. But that isn't what happened here. I suspect you know this and are just playing (stupid) games.

Reactions: Red

I'm not angry. I'm just wondering why you like to present yourself as a bumbling moron who doesn't have the wit to tie his shoes, much less carry on a rational political discussion.

It's pretty clear from the context of his post he's talking about quid pro quo's for a personal agenda.

Obviously the United States makes deals with other countries in pursuit of our countries interests, no one thinks that's improper. But that isn't what happened here. I suspect you know this and are just playing (stupid) games.
"I've never heard of a non-corrupt quid pro quo"

Its insanely clear what he's saying. I know you all will try to suddenly not mean what you said but I see right through it. You've been pushing quid pro quo for weeks, screaming at the top of your lungs You've been using that trigger word like candy. Hell Thriller even admitted he liked saying it. The Democratic party is smart. They know how use trigger words like that to make people think things furious and not even think about what's really happening.

Last edited:
I hope you are trolling and not this obtuse.

I believe it's trolling...

What Trump did: "There's not really any middle ground on the issue of using military aid to blackmail a foreign leader into helping you fabricate lies about your political opponent, as the evidence shows Trump clearly did. This isn't an issue where reasonable people arguing in good faith can disagree. This is a black-and-white, wrong-versus-right issue." (https://www.salon.com/2019/11/01/so...ation-republicans-have-lost-their-damn-minds/)

I believe the above is self explanatory as involving personal favors for political gain against a rival. This is not the basis of American foreign policy. This is known as corruption. Trump demanding that Ukraine support Trump's personal corruption is not an acceptable basis of foreign policy. ( "In common law, quid pro quo indicates that an item or a service has been traded in return for something of value, usually when the propriety or equity of the transaction is in question. A contract must involve consideration: that is, the exchange of something of value for something else of value". Note: Usually when the propriety or equity of the transaction is in question).

Or does anyone think we should expect a message like this as a basis for foreign policy: "Today President Trump announced he was granting military aid to Ukraine after the president of Ukraine stated he would help Trump inflict political damage on one of his political rivals"?

Bernie: "Asked specifically how he would address the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip, which is under the control of the Hamas terrorist group, Sanders said, “My solution is, [to say] to Israel, if you want military aid, you’re going to have to fundamentally change your relationship to the people of Gaza. I would say that some of that $3.8 billion should go right now to humanitarian aid in Gaza.” (https://www.jta.org/2019/10/28/politics/bernie-sanders-some-us-aid-money-to-israel-should-go-to-gaza)

This is a statement involving what Sanders' foreign policy toward Israel will be, and is a position Sanders is taking toward the many decades long Israeli/Palestinian problem. It's a safe bet Sanders foreign policy toward Israel would differ from Trump's foreign policy toward Israel. This does not involve personal corruption on Sanders part, it is a statement indicating that his foreign policy toward Israel will expect a change in how Israel treats the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip. It involves leveraging military aid for Israel with better treatment of the people of Gaza.

Last edited:
Joe goes to the bank and withdraws money. Pointing a gun at the teller

Bob goes to the bank and withdraws money. By writing a check.

jizzyfresh: if you complain about joe, what say you about Bob? I mean, I can describe what they did using the same words.

this is how foolish you look.

Joe goes to the bank and withdraws money. Pointing a gun at the teller

Bob goes to the bank and withdraws money. By writing a check.

jizzyfresh: if you complain about joe, what say you about Bob? I mean, I can describe what they did using the same words.

this is how foolish you look.
They both withdrew money! They are the same!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

They both withdrew money! They are the same!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bro, trust me, I don’t take sides. But bro if you’re going to be mad at Joe where was your outrage when Bob withdrew money? I don’t take sides but I just want to point out your hypocrisy here. Don’t get all pissy at me bro. I’m just asking questions innocently.