What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I did though. I just did it in a way you don't prefer. Your original question was "what else is Trump supposed to do about the immigration crisis". I provided you a link to Warren's proposal which I agree with.

Now, do you have anything to actually contribute to this conversation?

Okay now I see that what you meant to say was "Here is Warren's strategy and I think that's what we should do in regards to the border crisis." But that's not how you wrote the post so I was asking for your specific opinion.

Okay now I see that what you meant to say was "Here is Warren's strategy and I think that's what we should do in regards to the border crisis." But that's not how you wrote the post so I was asking for your specific opinion.
LOL, you're a ****ing trip dude.

And after all that DasJazz never ended up actually talking about immigration.

Quelle surprise.

What is he supposed to do with the influx of people flowing to the borders?

Same thing we did in the 1990s, when people crossed at double the rate? Give court appearances to those claiming asylum (96+% show up to the court date), deport the others without holding them.

What is the great fix to stop what literally the last 4 presidents have called a border crisis?

You can't stop this any more than you can stop people from buying illegal drugs.

Remember when Obama made the cages and told everyone not to send their children here cause he was just going to detain them and then send them back? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Yes, I do, and I saw plenty of criticism from progressives on this policy, and very little from conservatives.

Same thing we did in the 1990s, when people crossed at double the rate? Give court appearances to those claiming asylum (96+% show up to the court date), deport the others without holding them.

You can't stop this any more than you can stop people from buying illegal drugs.

I don't think your percentage is accurate but I thank you for at least giving me an answer on your thoughts about the crisis at the border. That's all I was asking for earlier in the thread.

And after all that DasJazz never ended up actually talking about immigration.

Quelle surprise.

Hey you're back! As for my own thoughts I like what Ted Cruz has proposed in that we use confiscated drug money to pay for better border security. I fully endorse his ideas on the subject.

I don't think your percentage is accurate but I thank you for at least giving me an answer on your thoughts about the crisis at the border. That's all I was asking for earlier in the thread.

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/re...s-regularly-attend-immigration-court-hearings

In fiscal year 2018, Department of Justice (DOJ) figures show that 89 percent of all asylum applicants attended their final court hearing to receive a decision on their application. When families and unaccompanied children have access to legal representation, the rate of compliance with immigration court obligations is nearly 98 percent.

Thanks! I have just heard and read about different, very much lower percentages of appearances. If that is accurate it's definitely interesting.

It depends upon so many factors, no single number is a true measure.

However, what we are seeing a wave of right now is families claiming asylum. If we get them lawyers and court dates, they tend to show up very reliably.

@DasJazz Don't you think @colton is letting his dislike for Trump cloud his judgement? I mean, what's wrong with detaining an American citizen for 3 weeks?

@colton just doesn't like Trump. So he never sees the good things Trump does. Yeah, he's not the best speaker. You know, he's not polished like Obama. But he does good things too. Have you seen the economy? And what about those judges?! What's wrong with detaining an American citizen for 3 weeks because he looks like a foreigner? You tell me.

@DasJazz Don't you think @colton is letting his dislike for Trump cloud his judgement? I mean, what's wrong with detaining an American citizen for 3 weeks?

@colton just doesn't like Trump. So he never sees the good things Trump does. Yeah, he's not the best speaker. You know, he's not polished like Obama. But he does good things too. Have you seen the economy? And what about those judges?! What's wrong with detaining an American citizen for 3 weeks because he looks like a foreigner? You tell me.

You're a riot dude. Haha.

You're a riot dude. Haha.

I hope by emphasizing YOUR words you see how silly YOUR arguments are.

Please try and see things through OTHER people's perspectives and understand why MANY people on this board (and throughout the world) have a strong dislike for Donald Trump. Perhaps... It's not just blind dislike for Donald Trump that lead to disliking his policies, but his cruel policies combined with behavior that lead people to disliking Donald Trump.