What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Would anyone like to read this thread and explain to me how any of this is good for America?

And why it is that we are accepting the fact that Trump is still making a tidy sum from his business interests in Turkey while all of this is unfolding?

Would anyone like to read this thread and explain to me how any of this is good for America?

And why it is that we are accepting the fact that Trump is still making a tidy sum from his business interests in Turkey while all of this is unfolding?

nothing matters anymore. Ivanka gave a speech yesterday that Trump’s administration is the most “family friendly” administration in the history of our country. Facts, integrity, honesty, don’t matter. Nothing matters anymore, except winning.

Do we need a new amendment? No REPUBLICAN President can be impeached within 4 years of any election? I mean, come on. Republicans keep talking about the 2016 election and seem to think impeachment is about that and not about Donald committing impeachable acts. In reality, impeachment is all about protecting the 2020 election.
It's all about that, they have done nothing but talk about impeaching the guy since election night 2016. It's been so ridiculous ever since it's to the point no one takes Democrats seriously. Have fun watching him win again in 2020.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

Either Trump is a fraud and isnt is rich as he says he is, or he is making money everywhere, all the time, legal and illegally.

Ive heard both arguments against him. Which is true? Can't be both.

It's all about that, they have done nothing but talk about impeaching the guy since election night 2016. It's been so ridiculous ever since it's to the point no one takes Democrats seriously. Have fun watching him win again in 2020.

Convince me of this.

Who is they?

Have "They" done anything besides 'talk about impeachment since 2016'

Define and quantify this objectively.

Basically, the Inspector General says, here are the facts and Im not getting in the middle. Nobody outright admitted bias, so I won't say there is bias.

Attorney General says, clearly there is a bias. Thank you IG. We will take it from here, and people are in trouble.

Democrats claim victory.

Haha. Just when you thought it was over, its only beginning.

There is some real cognitive dissonance here:

1. The inspector general report proved everything that the GOP has been saying for years correct on all points.

2. The Attorney General strenuously objects to the conclusions of the inspector general report.

Why does he need to object to a report that validates his prior beliefs?

Either Trump is a fraud and isnt is rich as he says he is, or he is making money everywhere, all the time, legal and illegally.

Ive heard both arguments against him. Which is true? Can't be both.

Trump claims to be worth $10 billion plus.

He could be worth less than a $1 billion net, not worth as much as he says he is, but pocketing hundreds of millions over the last three years by profiting off the presidency.

You really need to think a little harder about these things.

I disagree
Nobody tried to impeach Trump until they felt like he was doing impeachable ****. It's their job to keep the president in check and keep him from abusing his power. This impeachment is simply our government doing their job.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Convince me of this.

Who is they?

Have "They" done anything besides 'talk about impeachment since 2016'

Define and quantify this objectively.
This.
Nobody tried to impeach Trump until they felt like he was doing impeachable ****. It's their job to keep the president in check and keep him from abusing his power. This impeachment is our government doing their job.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It's also not hard to make a case that Trump's actions during the 2016 election were impeachable upon taking office.

And it's not like the GOP wasn't talking about impeaching Hillary during the election as well.

Jeez.

Mitch isn’t even pretending to make this impartial, is he? This is just so unbelievable to me. Are Americans really cool with this??? The precedent being set here... Mitch is essentially erasing impeachment from the Constitution forever and ensuring that a smarter president will exploit this to their own advantage. Is Mitch sure this dictatorial President will be from his own party? What if it’s a liberal Democrat who wishes to abuse his/her power and erase the 2nd amendment or give everyone health care?

The difference here is this impeachment process is ridiculous and baseless. How else should someone defend them self from a load of crap?

Is the MSM only accurate when it writes stuff I like or agree with?

5_Unexpected_Idioms_Blog.jpg

If the allegations are indeed a load of crap defending against them should be easy on their merits.

I assume you realize that the republicans and White House were not given the chance to provide their own witnesses nor ask questions of the witnesses that the democrats provided? Sort of makes it difficult to defend oneself.

I assume you realize that the republicans and White House were not given the chance to provide their own witnesses nor ask questions of the witnesses that the democrats provided? Sort of makes it difficult to defend oneself.
They did in fact provide their own witnesses. In any case impeachment in the House isnt a trial, that's what takes place in the Senate. #civics

Reactions: Red
They did in fact provide their own witnesses. In any case impeachment in the House isnt a trial, that's what takes place in the Senate. #civics

I never said it was a trial.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-n...12-06-2019/h_66baa324dc12089ed4f57fa722d7220d

"While the White House indicated today that it wouldn’t take part in the impeachment proceedings, Republicans members of the House Judiciary Committee formally requested witnesses that President Trump and his allies have been pushing to testify, according to a copy of the letter sent to committee chairman Jerry Nadler.

Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the committee, sent Nadler a letter today requesting eight witnesses, including House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden, the anonymous whistleblower and anyone the whistleblower relied on to prepare the complaint alleging Trump solicited election interference from Ukraine.

Collins wrote that the committee should call “each of the witnesses listed above to testify before this Committee to ensure a full evaluation of the facts and to cure the procedural and fairness defects injected into these proceedings by Chairman Schiff.”

Collins requested that subpoenas be issued for all of the witnesses they had requested besides Schiff.

Republican also requested these witnesses:

• Alexandra Chalupa, a former Democratic National Committee contractor
  • Fusion GPS contractor Nellie Ohr
  • Former Burisma board member Devon Archer
  • An intelligence community employee who Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman did not identify during his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee.
Many of these witnesses were also requested by Republicans during the House Intelligence Committee hearings.

***Democrats blocked those requests***, which Schiff dismissed as an attempt to "undertake the same sham investigations into the Bidens or 2016 that the President pressed Ukraine to conduct for his personal political benefit.”