What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I never said it was a trial.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-n...12-06-2019/h_66baa324dc12089ed4f57fa722d7220d

"While the White House indicated today that it wouldn’t take part in the impeachment proceedings, Republicans members of the House Judiciary Committee formally requested witnesses that President Trump and his allies have been pushing to testify, according to a copy of the letter sent to committee chairman Jerry Nadler.

Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the committee, sent Nadler a letter today requesting eight witnesses, including House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden, the anonymous whistleblower and anyone the whistleblower relied on to prepare the complaint alleging Trump solicited election interference from Ukraine.

Collins wrote that the committee should call “each of the witnesses listed above to testify before this Committee to ensure a full evaluation of the facts and to cure the procedural and fairness defects injected into these proceedings by Chairman Schiff.”

Collins requested that subpoenas be issued for all of the witnesses they had requested besides Schiff.

Republican also requested these witnesses:

• Alexandra Chalupa, a former Democratic National Committee contractor
  • Fusion GPS contractor Nellie Ohr
  • Former Burisma board member Devon Archer
  • An intelligence community employee who Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman did not identify during his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee.
Many of these witnesses were also requested by Republicans during the House Intelligence Committee hearings.

***Democrats blocked those requests***, which Schiff dismissed as an attempt to "undertake the same sham investigations into the Bidens or 2016 that the President pressed Ukraine to conduct for his personal political benefit.”
If you didn't call it a trial why are you so concerned about Trump's ability to defend himself?

Also, you said Republicans were not allowed to call witnesses. They did in fact call witnesses, but they were not allowed to call every witness they requested. The impeachment proceedings were an investigation into Donald Trump, not Joe Biden or his son Hunter, which is why those other witnesses were denied.

While I would agree that the Impeachment effort is very partisan, they do have verifiable grounds based on witness testimony. What I do not understand is why they didn't add the emoluments violations to it. The only reason I can think of is that many politicians are guilty of this, and they would be opening themselves to the same charges.

The other thing is that anyone who defends this heap of excrement is also being very partisan. He's a liar, a white supremacist, a cheater in many ways, and a narcissistic, uncompassionate blowhard.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/naked-donald-trump-sculpture-indecline_n_57b5d9d0e4b034dc73260c94

“I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of President Donald John Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

"Everything I do during this, I’m coordinating with the White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can."

What's the spin from these two?

While I would agree that the Impeachment effort is very partisan, they do have verifiable grounds based on witness testimony. What I do not understand is why they didn't add the emoluments violations to it. The only reason I can think of is that many politicians are guilty of this, and they would be opening themselves to the same charges.

The other thing is that anyone who defends this heap of excrement is also being very partisan. He's a liar, a white supremacist, a cheater in many ways, and a narcissistic, uncompassionate blowhard.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/naked-donald-trump-sculpture-indecline_n_57b5d9d0e4b034dc73260c94

Has there ever been an impeachment effort that hasn't been partisan? And are both sides equally responsible for the partisan behavior of Congress that we see today?

It would seem to me that Trump has been emboldened to criming because Republicans have become so subservient to the executive. I can't think of another president who has enjoyed such partisanship. Nixon only had strong support from Republicans in the initial stages after his landslide election (and start of the Watergate investigations). Only after nearly 2 years into the investigations did he lose support from his own party. That was before the nation was as segregated and polarized as they are now. That was before the right wing had built up its propaganda base of think tanks and Fox News.

It would almost seem impossible today to see Republicans turn on Trump. He could literally be caught accepting rubles from Putin, and Republican representatives would find ways to praise him, Fox News would find ways to blame Obama, and Republican voters would still fantasize about shooting liberals in a civil war.

“I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of President Donald John Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

"Everything I do during this, I’m coordinating with the White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can."

What's the spin from these two?

Well, both sides are to blame for the partisanship in DC. I mean, after all, Schiff wouldn't even let Republicans ask questions to try and out the identity of the whistleblower. So unfair so partisan... /s

If you didn't call it a trial why are you so concerned about Trump's ability to defend himself?

Also, you said Republicans were not allowed to call witnesses. They did in fact call witnesses, but they were not allowed to call every witness they requested. The impeachment proceedings were an investigation into Donald Trump, not Joe Biden or his son Hunter, which is why those other witnesses were denied.

It's all a distraction. That's the thing.

Republicans want to stretch this out to confuse the public and wear us out. Let's suppose Hunter Biden did testify. Would it change anything? If he proved to be a good witness for Democrats, think Republicans would suddenly turn on Trump? However, if the Republican dream came true, and Hunter admitted that he was merely hired because of his last name, would it make Trump's impeachable acts less impeachable?

The proof is in how Republicans have acted over the past month.

1. They complained about the "secret closed door hearings." They complained about Pelosi not authorizing the impeachment with a vote.
2. She authorized it with a vote. They still complained. Then they complained about the "public hearings."
3. They complained about process all while obstructing the impeachable process and trying their hardest to fill the hearings with InfoWars conspiracies.
4. They complained about not being able to invite their own witnesses.
5. Now that they've been invited to invite witnesses, they've declined to do so. Trump declined to even send his lawyers to defend him.

Sooooooooo other than make this go away, what do Republicans want? The truth is, there's a massive cancer on this presidency...

Will we remove it or allow it to grow?

IMO, once Trump is acquitted, voters need to reward Republicans for their blind loyalty to a traitorous thug. A decade of "blue waves" will do wonders to cleansing the GOP.

It's all a distraction. That's the thing.

Republicans want to stretch this out to confuse the public and wear us out. Let's suppose Hunter Biden did testify. Would it change anything? If he proved to be a good witness for Democrats, think Republicans would suddenly turn on Trump? However, if the Republican dream came true, and Hunter admitted that he was merely hired because of his last name, would it make Trump's impeachable acts less impeachable?

The proof is in how Republicans have acted over the past month.

1. They complained about the "secret closed door hearings." They complained about Pelosi not authorizing the impeachment with a vote.
2. She authorized it with a vote. They still complained. Then they complained about the "public hearings."
3. They complained about process all while obstructing the impeachable process and trying their hardest to fill the hearings with InfoWars conspiracies.
4. They complained about not being able to invite their own witnesses.
5. Now that they've been invited to invite witnesses, they've declined to do so. Trump declined to even send his lawyers to defend him.

Sooooooooo other than make this go away, what do Republicans want? The truth is, there's a massive cancer on this presidency...

Will we remove it or allow it to grow?

IMO, once Trump is acquitted, voters need to reward Republicans for their blind loyalty to a traitorous thug. A decade of "blue waves" will do wonders to cleansing the GOP.
We can only hope. The electorate is so clueless.

Either Trump is a fraud and isnt is rich as he says he is, or he is making money everywhere, all the time, legal and illegally.

Ive heard both arguments against him. Which is true? Can't be both.

It can be true that's he constantly scrounging for money because he's not rich.

Nolte: Watch Media Serially Lie About Steele Dossier Being ‘Corroborated’
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/12/13/media-serially-lie-steele-dossier-corroborated/

"And the serial liars are:
  • CNN’s Alisyn Camerota – “Much of the dossier has been corroborated… Your intel community has corroborated all the details in there.”
  • Former DNI Director James Clapper on CNN: “All of the content of the dossier we were able to corroborate in our intelligence community assessment from other sources, which we had very high confidence.”
  • Ted Lieu (D-CA) on CNN: “We know that with the FISA application, the relevant parts of Christopher Steele’s dossier were corroborated.”
  • CNN’s Jim Sciutto: “If the [FISA] application included information from the dossier, it would only be after the FBI had in fact corroborated the information through its own investigation.”
  • Countless liars on CNN and MSNBC, including John Harwood, Rachel Maddow, and Nicolle Wallace, stating emphatically that parts of the dossier have been corroborated, or the equally absurd lie that NOTHING has been disproven, or that the dossier is HOLDING UP WELL under scrutiny."

Trump will be impeached by the house.

Trump will be acquitted by the senate.

Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

Democrats played themselves big time.
God forbid, and if you believe in God, which I don't, then there's no way you should want him to be re-elected, otherwise you're a hypocrite.

So the better course of action would be.......?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since he was elected. LOL Just watched Pelosi on a talk show. They questioned her why they were taking so little time for the hearings on something so important as impeachment. She slipped up and said we have been trying to impeach him for the last 22 months. She then corrected herself and said no really for the last 2 1/2 years. LOL Trump 2020!

They played themselves by standing up for the constitution?

It’s so odd to me that republicans think Democrats are the real losers here. You realize that supporting Trump means you’re supporting a serial adulterer. A man whose own foreign policy is helping our enemies while hurting ourselves. You’re supporting a man whose actions you’re set a new precedent for the illegal and destructive actions of future presidents. I mean, you’re telling me that you’re going to be totally fine with President Warren asking China to dig up dirt on her republican rivals, right?

And this is what you call... “winning?”

And Democrats combating this is what you call... “losing?”

What the hell is wrong with you and your values? You’re a sucky person. Seriously, people who support Trump really cause me to question their value as a human being. You people really suck. It’s not because we disagree politically but disagree completely on values as human beings.

So the better course of action would be.......?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Act like decent human beings that dont lie to and manipulate the public for personal and political gain?

Maybe try to win and gain support on the merit of your policies?

You can hate Trump's character all you want, but you also have to live in reality and stick to facts. You can't impeach just because. You need proof.

You also need to not be committing the same crimes you accuse the other of. Looks really stupid.

Act like decent human beings that dont lie to and manipulate the public for personal and political gain?

Maybe try to win and gain support on the merit of your policies?

You can hate Trump's character all you want, but you also have to live in reality and stick to facts. You can't impeach just because. You need proof.

You also need to not be committing the same crimes you accuse the other of. Looks really stupid.

AMEN!!