What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Nice!

While territory based gains have been less than hoped Ukraine is still beating Russia overall. Russia is attempting a fall offensive and so far it has been a disaster. No gains for Russia at all while pouring lives and equipment down the drain.

Commercial and military aircraft have been falling out of the sky. It is suspected Russia doesnt have and doesn't have the ability to make aircraft parts that need frequent replacement. So they are just flying until they aren't.

Reactions: Red
November was the deadliest month for Russia since this war began. Ukraine is on their heels but they are punishing Russia for every step they take further into Ukraine.

We need to support Ukraine! We promised them we would if they gave their USSR nukes back to Russia. Russia also agreed to never invade. One nation broke their promise. Will we break ours?

November was the deadliest month for Russia since this war began. Ukraine is on their heels but they are punishing Russia for every step they take further into Ukraine.

We need to support Ukraine! We promised them we would if they gave their USSR nukes back to Russia. Russia also agreed to never invade. One nation broke their promise. Will we break ours?
The answer is yes.

House Republicans, a counter culture movement, know that it triggers most of this country to backstab Ukraine. So of course that’s what they’re set to do. If they don’t, then their base will punish them with primary candidates. Especially since it was because of Zelensky that their Orange god king was impeached the first time. Nothing would please this movement more than to trigger most of the country while sticking it to NATO allies, helping Putin, and dealing a severe blow to Zelensky.

I sure wished voters had memories so they could reflect upon their choices. How has giving Repubs the House in 2022 benefited “The Forgotten Man?” What have House republicans done to make your life better? I’d love to hear specifics.

Last edited:

It will be an absolute tragedy if after all that has been done to defend Ukraine, and the success Ukraine has achieved with global support, we pull the rug out from under them and watch it all fall apart over petty domestic squabbles.

I think since we've all seen Russia's incompetence and Ukraine's resolve there is a notion that they (Ukrainians) don't need our support in order to hold the line. Maybe that's true to some extent, although I think Russia will make at least some gains if Ukraine isn't supported. The difference will be, in my opinion, that without support Ukraine will be forced to concede territory and/or a sort of cease-fire will settle in that could last decades or even lifetimes, similar to the North/South Korea situation.

Last edited:
It should be reminded that Republicans want Putin to win. They see the right wing authoritarianism of Putin and Orban as templates to use here. And by helping Russia win, they also in a way, exact revenge on Zelenskyy since he played a role in Orange god king’s first impeachment.

I thought Putin was getting decimated by Ukraine? How is he going to take on nato when he can’t even take over Ukraine? They also say next year when USA is weak and leaderless is when he’ll strike- we’re pretty weak and leaderless now, I’m pretty sure that was one reason for his timing into Ukraine to begin with.

I thought Putin was getting decimated by Ukraine? How is he going to take on nato when he can’t even take over Ukraine? They also say next year when USA is weak and leaderless is when he’ll strike- we’re pretty weak and leaderless now, I’m pretty sure that was one reason for his timing into Ukraine to begin with.
He isn't going to take on NATO as it is. Trump wants to leave NATO, which is an organization ruled by the U.S. to promote our national interests around the world. The U.S. is handling business better than I remember in the last 20 years right now. Is it Biden making all the calls and taking all the shots? I don't think so but he is staying out of the way of a very competent cabinet and staff.

The U.S. is threading the needle in the Hamas/Israel conflict really really well. The U.S. is about to manage the first soft landing in economic history. Until obstructionists and possible Russian agents in our government obstructed aid, the U.S. was giving our expiring equipment to Ukraine, using the money allocated to restock ourselves with the newest hardware, keeping most of the money allocated for Ukraine aid in the U.S. all the while Ukraine was using our spares and throwaways to spank the Russian aggressors.

I'm no fan of Biden, but he sure does know how to stay out of the way and letting the U.S. win, win, win.

He isn't going to take on NATO as it is. Trump wants to leave NATO, which is an organization ruled by the U.S. to promote our national interests around the world. The U.S. is handling business better than I remember in the last 20 years right now. Is it Biden making all the calls and taking all the shots? I don't think so but he is staying out of the way of a very competent cabinet and staff.

The U.S. is threading the needle in the Hamas/Israel conflict really really well. The U.S. is about to manage the first soft landing in economic history. Until obstructionists and possible Russian agents in our government obstructed aid, the U.S. was giving our expiring equipment to Ukraine, using the money allocated to restock ourselves with the newest hardware, keeping most of the money allocated for Ukraine aid in the U.S. all the while Ukraine was using our spares and throwaways to spank the Russian aggressors.

I'm no fan of Biden, but he sure does know how to stay out of the way and letting the U.S. win, win, win.
I will say I'm morbidly hoping for a hard crash for the housing market so I can get into a house. Renting sucks.

I was reading the other day, I’ll have to find the article, but this war has been a boom to several red state manufacturers. Producing Replacement ammo and vehicles have helped create jobs and prosperity in towns that otherwise wouldn’t have had any. It’s ironic that Republicans have now decided to turn against the military and against supporting the international world order. Many of their communities rely on maintaining it.

I guess it shouldn’t be surprised. It’s pretty funny, here in Utah you hear morons endlessly complain about government waste yet these same people would raise hell if Biden proposed shutting down The Hill to save a few cents. I guess it’s always easier to advocate gutting someone else’s government program rather than deal with the very real cost of abolishing your own public trough.

Anyway, back to the subject, Biden has been near perfect with Ukraine. We’ve:

1. Supported a democratic ally against an violent autocratic regime.
2. We’ve destroyed the bulk of the Russian army without a single American soldier firing a shot.
3. We’ve created jobs and prosperity in manufacturing new arms.
Win, win, win.

I just wish Biden hadn’t been so overly cautious. Wish we would’ve given them F16s and ATACMS from the start with the idea that once republicans retook the House, they’d cut Ukrainian funding (as we’re seeing now). Unfortunately, Ukraine is going to have to make do until Democrats retake the House next fall. Which brings up the issue of the Senate. But I’d guess the senate is more open to supporting Ukraine than the House and its suicide caucus of Gaetz, Gosar, etc. Moses Mike Johnson can’t provide Ukraine with arms or else he’ll end up tossed out, like Kevin McCarthy. The House Republicans in charge want Russia to win. They see Putin and Orban as template dictators. They want to pattern America after those countries.

Last edited:

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

There is a patch of rubble in eastern Ukraine that used to be a small town called Stepove. It has been a Russian objective to take that ground in the effort to encircle Avdiivka. The problem for Russia is that there are Bradleys there and they are killing everything the Russians throw at them.

For those who don’t know what a Bradley Fighting Vehicle is, it is an armored troop transport. It is not a tank. It has an aluminum frame with steel and composite armor panels. The Bradley doesn’t have a tank’s main gun but instead a 25mm Bushmaster chain gun. It is half the weight of an Abrams tank, fits into narrower streets, and gets pretty good gas mileage for the firepower it brings.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Bradley troop transports in Stepove have been turning Russian T-72 main battle tanks into scrap. During the Gulf War, the Bradley Fighting Vehicles similarly destroyed the T-72s owned by Saddam’s army. They are really good at killing Russian T-72s and that handful of Bradley fighting vehicles have completely stopped the Russian encirclement of Avdiivka.

Russia has been embarrassed by all the footage now online of Bradley troop transports killing Russian tanks so Russia deployed their really nasty, latest and greatest main battle tank, the T-90M. Russia has been able to produce fewer than 100 of these but the Bradley Fighting Vehicles in Stepove had to be shown to be no match for the modern Russian main battle tank.

fb5sa3c9hzf11-1.jpg

Would the Russian super tank be able to finally clear out the pesky Bradley troop transports? Nope.

Last edited:
It is really too bad we are not pushing Ukraine over the top when it is largely a matter of our B tier and outdated equipment, with a small spattering of new stuff, that we ultimately pay for by replacing it here with our weapons manufactures updating ourselves with the latest and greatest.