What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

I would bet she, like many WNBA players, was playing for a foreign basketball team (I see from her Wikipedia page she has played for both Chinese and Russian teams, altho it's not clear if she is currently playing overseas, it wouldn't be surprising). So it was her, you know, job.

I got the impression that what she had was just CBD oil, which is so legal in the US you can buy it in the grocery store.
I'm not really feeling for her all that much. She could have left her CBD snake oil at home for this one at the very least, if not take a stand and not play in Russia right now, consequences be damned (which clearly would have been less than her current consequences).

I'm not really feeling for her all that much. She could have left her CBD snake oil at home for this one at the very least, if not take a stand and not play in Russia right now, consequences be damned (which clearly would have been less than her current consequences).
I just read more. It was while she was arriving from New York - I had thought she was already in the country. And, yeah, she does play for a Russian team at this time (same one she's played for since 2015), but... Yeah, she (and any other players) probably shouldn't be actually going there at this point, even tho they get paid a LOT more overseas than they do at home. That being said, of course the US has to work to get her out.

I just read more. It was while she was arriving from New York - I had thought she was already in the country. And, yeah, she does play for a Russian team at this time (same one she's played for since 2015), but... Yeah, she (and any other players) probably shouldn't be actually going there at this point, even tho they get paid a LOT more overseas than they do at home. That being said, of course the US has to work to get her out.
Sure, get the 10 year process started now to get her released.

She is a victim of Russia but she opened the door. She should have stayed in NYC and said she'll be there once things calm down.

What do you trade away to get her out for her stupidity? Reduce or abandon sanctions against Russia? Allow them back into the Olympics and World Cup (not really something the US can offer anyway) Withhold support for Ukrainian ground forces? Im sure the famously independent Russian courts will go easy on her and I hear their prison system is like a ****ing holiday camp. maybe the US can send Steven Seagal over to get her out, he and Putin are pals aren't they?

And yet millions voted for this idiot

Biden is the senile one???

He has such a poor grasp on so many different things. Its shocking.
As for senility, They are both way to old to be in the position of potus. I think the sweet spot is between 40-60 years old.
Remember when he thought that sending a nuke at a hurricane might stop it?
How about putting a moat around the mexico boarder wall and filling it with alligators and snakes?
Hey lets inject ourselves with disinfectant.
Just put some china flags on some planes and send them to fight russia. It will totally trick the russians!

So many stupid ideas from the idiot

ae9a7f30-cfe2-11e9-a433-473edc642868_800_420.png

We've been celebrating Ukrainian defiance and resilience in the face of an overwhelming military force. I think we're about to see the tragic reality that Russia has a MUCH larger military force and they are going to finally bring it to bear on the capital city and the city will fall to the Russians.

The very very sad part is about to start.

We've been celebrating Ukrainian defiance and resilience in the face of an overwhelming military force. I think we're about to see the tragic reality that Russia has a MUCH larger military force and they are going to finally bring it to bear on the capital city and the city will fall to the Russians.

Unless someone does something. But I don't think any other nations will find it worth doing much more than throwing money at it.

I just hope that the "bardak" (in english that means that on paper everything is really nice, but reality is much worse) property of a russian army is not decreased when compared to 2014. I.e they have a lot of hardware than Ukraine and plenty of those who can push triggers/buttons while being somewhat safe (artillery, bomber pilots etc operators), but as long as NATO and allies are providing the intel and personal weapons - the war is far from over. I hope, that behind the scenes NATO and allies are doing much more than it is visible to us.

Unless someone does something. But I don't think any other nations will find it worth doing much more than throwing money at it.
Money is the most powerful weapon there is. The USSR doesn’t exist because of it. The thing that made the United States so powerful is how much stuff we can make and the logistical ability to transport that stuff where it needs to go. Russia has started World War 3 and the world is trying to walk the line to provide help to “our” side while not giving the Russians an excuse to go nuclear.

Money doesn’t work as quickly as bombs and bullets. It won’t save the Ukrainian civilians in the short term. I won’t downplay how horrible that is. The Ukrainians along with whatever foreign fighters stream in to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with them are the ones with the heaviest burden, but money isn’t nothing. The planeloads of arms and rations aren’t nothing. The intelligence information from the most advanced agencies on Earth isn’t nothing. It is life support. Russia is bleeding from wounds we opened up with our money warfare and we are trying to keep the fight in Ukraine going long enough for Russia to bleed to death.

There is a long but really interesting read on ChicagoBoyz.net about how the Ukrainians stopped that massive 40-mile long line of Russian military vehicles. While shoulder-fired missiles were widely credited, the true weapon was something else. The Ukrainians opened up all the reservoirs in the area and flooded the areas around the convoy making the ground too muddy to drive off-road. Then all they had to do was disable a few vehicles at the front and it stopped what is now 20% of all Russian military hardware in Ukraine.

here is the link to the very long but excellent professional assessment: https://chicagoboyz.net/archives/67331.html