What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

I read several posts denying Trump's actions against Russia and writing off his incredible peace keeping efforts, which the neo-con quickly undid. Are people really this willingly oblivious? Russia was empowered under Obama. Russia behaved under Trump. Russia went ape **** under Biden.
Imagine typing, "Russia behaved under Trump" with a straight face.

There is a segment of our population who have had their brains completely rotted out with grievances, insecurities, conspiracy, and Russian disinformation. They've become immune to fact or reason. It reminds me of this book I'm currently reading:
Amazon product ASIN B07HF2W239
There was a large segment of the German population who were in denial that the Holocaust happened and that the German Wehrmacht engaged in war crimes. So I guess no matter what we're talking about, whether we're talking about how the Confederacy fought to maintain slavery, the German Wehrmacht engaging in war crimes, Russians believing that this war in Ukraine is justified to de-nazify Ukraine, or Russian attacks on American democracy, there will always be a segment of the population just so insecure, bitter, and angry that they'll create their own fantasyland to avoid facing facts.

It's weird how those who want responsibility and (whatever the opposite of globalism is) refuse to be responsible. Take for example the Trump presidency.
  • Trump touted America First, when all it meant was America Last and his family corrupt business dealings first. Even if it meant blackmailing Ukraine's president to promote his personal agenda.
  • Trump and his party refuse to be held accountable for anything. Whether it's working with Russia to interfere in 2016's election, lying about paying off adult actresses, selling access to the president, exploiting one's elected position to sell hotel sales, or lying about an attempted insurrection. In my experience, those who whine about "Personal responsibility" only really mean, "Personal responsibility for everyone else, complete immunity for me and my tribe."
  • Those who demonize immigration and fantasize about domestic factory jobs would never be caught dead working the types of jobs immigrants work. If manufacturing came back, immigrants would have to work in the factories due to their poor salaries and working conditions. That's a big reason why factories left and children of factory workers went to college, factory work sucks. And those who complain about offshoring, are usually the first to run to Walmart to buy cheap ****. They'd never pay the high prices of domestically produced goods.
  • Those who whine about the tyranny of globalism ALWAYS overlook the tyranny of local control. Here in America, state legislatures have caused much more suffering than any tyrannical distant globalist leader. Slavery (remember, it was a state's rights issue, right??? :) ), Jim Crow, anti-miscegenation, anti LGBT, even anti-Mormon legislation was all passed by local and state leaders. Just look at what "local" leaders are doing across the country right now:
https://www.ksl.com/article/50337393/utah-lawmaker-abandons-controversial-school-curriculum-bill (didn't pass in Utah but has passed in other states. Oh the tyranny! Gimmie Freedom or Gimmie death!)
But Globalism and some tyrant from some far off place or something something...

I am not sure I read every single page of this thread, but it looks like it took 59 pages for Godwin's law to be invoked. Not that it might not be an apt comparison, mind you.

Like OMG guys I was like walking and trying to chew gum today and like I blew this big bubble OMG it was so big guys you won't believe it! So anyways, like there was this republican at the exact same time and it popped it my face. O M G all over my sweater too. Soooooo gross. Republicans are like soooooo evil guys.
What?

If you're looking to buy a car, these headwinds are going to last for years. The price of raw materials are going to continue to be challenged as well. Combined with the continued issues with semiconductors and automakers planning for 25% net reductions in new automobiles, we are somehow going to have to get used to the idea that a 2012 Corolla with 100k miles is worth $15k.

Sounds like he's battling some personal insecurities. Is he new or was he an older poster? Is he another Jazzyfresh alt?
I believed that he was franklin, but despite being an annoying contrarian franklin usually made solid points, so I'm not so sure even though I think there has been direct confirmation from idestroyedthetoilet.

Dumbest hot take I've seen in a while and completely false.
You don't get it. When "our" media starts rolling out editorial conclusions in "news" columns, it's because we don't have objective "News" anymore. We have crusaders pushing narratives by selective reporting, absolute liars telling us stuff is "false" who don't respect other people enough to give us the basis for the view, the facts they know even, or who even respect other people in the least.

The only people who cheer for that kind of opinion are the little groupies who can't defend themselves intellectually.

You should be happy this is happening under Biden TBH. If it happened under Trump (which it didn't and wouldn't have had he won) then the media and these blokes would be screaming impeachment for not sending our military in to protect Ukraine, and start WWIII. "This is the last chance to save democracy!" and all that sensationalism found in a typical @Red post. Trump wouldn't listen of course, but then we'd have the democrats crawling over each other next election over liberating Ukraine and fixing Trump's mess.

Besides, when did anyone give a **** when one country invades another? Jews have been invading Palestine for a long time, and there's that whole Yemen genocide thing. Is it because they're brown and Ukrainians aren't? Or Russia bad China bad Jews good Saudi Arabia good?
I've just been listening Mark Skousen over on the mining site where they interview every last person who wills speak in public about economics and market forecasts. then I went to see what his brother Joel has been saying recently. Their uncle was W. Cleon Skousen, who like Ezra Taft Benson, was an "outsider" Mormon within the Holy Order of Salt Lake Chamber of commerce dupes. Gawd it's depressing. Mark Levin and Sean Hannity talking like @red.

Hillary Clinton was the first one out of the box with the whole anti-Russia thing to distract from her scandal of destroying her illegal private server and all the email between her and Obama.

Putin is, within the globalist menagerie, somewhat of the same sort of pariah that Ezra Taft benson was to the Mormon Church. Bet I come in on the same scale with the activist crusaders here.

Anyone who is out of step.

Well, nobody is like me because nobody had the same information base. It's too hard to weed out the propaganda in every news source on planet earth. And I'm sure I know less than 1% of what's important. But at least I have a few facts. Better than almost anyone willing to talk in public anymore.

I have a niece who lives in Saudi Arabia. She grew up in Denver and married someone in the Saudi royal clan. Her brother tells me she's not all taht happy about her situation, and no one hears from her much. I know some Iranians, a mixed lot of people who are scattered geographically and on every possible side of the equation. I actually don't know anything about Yemen or the conflict there, except some (conservatives and US bureaucrats) say Iran is supplying arms there for one side and SA is sjupplying arms to the other. Another proxy war.

There a Chinese person in my family as well, whose brother is a mid-level notable with higher level connections. She's a materialist and loyal to her country. Amazingly talented.

I really hate all this war stuff.

I believe Putin would not have done the invasion if Trump were our President. As it is, I fear China will take Taiwan. I don't think Putin can win in Ukraine in any kind of long term way, nor do I believe he can keep taking other slices of neighbors. I am afraid our people will keep this damn war going without settlement.

We do need to be strong militarily, and we should not let our country go to waste.

I'm tired of hearing all these Biden apologists saying they stand with Ukrainians, and even with the poor Russians being hurt by sanctions. Bull ****. They didn't give a rats *** about fallout or Ukrainians or Russians during their 4 year campaign to get rid of the first non neo-con we've had in 5 decades. Elections have consequences. Those who failed to learn from history repeated it. Elect neo-con president, get neo-con resluts. The anti-Trump, Biden voters caused this, now they can't see the forrest for the trees can't smell their own **** on their knees.

Can't see all that Trump hurting our allies, helping Putin ******** for what it clearly is in full hindsight. The beautiful people have incredibly short memories. Gokd fish. Stop voting in R and D neo-cons, and going along with the utter ******** fed to you by their media. But IDTT, Trump hurt my feelings on twitter!

I'm tired of hearing all these Biden apologists saying they stand with Ukrainians, and even with the poor Russians being hurt by sanctions. Bull ****. They didn't give a rats *** about fallout or Ukrainians or Russians during their 4 year campaign to get rid of the first non neo-con we've had in 5 decades. Elections have consequences. Those who failed to learn from history repeated it. Elect neo-con president, get neo-con resluts. The anti-Trump, Biden voters caused this, now they can't see the forrest for the trees can't smell their own **** on their knees.

Can't see all that Trump hurting our allies, helping Putin ******** for what it clearly is in full hindsight. The beautiful people have incredibly short memories. Gokd fish. Stop voting in R and D neo-cons, and going along with the utter ******** fed to you by their media. But IDTT, Trump hurt my feelings on twitter!

Uh, maybe trump shouldn't have behaved like a douchebag nonstop. But I get it, its your way to put no responsibility on your orange god. Deflect deflect deflect.

Uh, maybe trump shouldn't have behaved like a douchebag nonstop. But I get it, its your way to put no responsibility on your orange god. Deflect deflect deflect.
Get over Trump hurting your feelings already. That has nothing to do with foreign policy. He's an *******. We get it. You have 1,0000 posts telling us this. Has nothing to do with foreign policy.

Come to think of it, were you the poster who didn't know what the neo-cons are, or u the one mocking my warnings about electing another one? Maybe try learning from your extensive track record of being dead wrong before mocking again? You are as clueless as they come.