What's new

The Official "See ya Snyder" Thread.

Quin is staying.

Quin obviously hitched his wagon to Mitchell. He knows the franchise has a direct order from above to cater to Mitchell, so he went along to get along.

Gobert will be traded. Utah will make the play-in next year, lose, then Mitchell will demand a trade and our rebuild will be greatly hurt by our dumbass ownership's inability to see what is obvious.
There’s no way Snyder is here next year.

I’m willing to put money down if anyone is up for it.

I remember the dark days of Corbin and how Snyder came in and made such an impact right away. I felt like he use to make great adjustments during the game.

I don’t know what’s happened here, but it sucks. I expect him to be gone.
He still makes adjustments, at least scheme-wise. It just doesn't translate.

There’s no way Snyder is here next year.

I’m willing to put money down if anyone is up for it.
Does Donovan want Quin to stay? If the answer is yes, then Quin stays.

And given his post-game comments about how much he loves Quin, he is going to stay.

Why would Quin want out now? There arent any great coaching gigs open. You think he wants to go to the Lakers after what they did to Vogel? Hell no.

I would keep Quin and trade Donovan Overrated Mitchell. Building around Donovan and getting rid of Quin and Gobert is just going out Jazz into the Lotto

Maybe Quin can petition the NCAA for reinstatement after he was booted for being a bad boy.
He was Booted from College due to not being very good, not because he was a Bad Boy. His Mizzou teams were ranked high a d always underachieved in March. He improved learning under Pop and if Jazz fire him expect him to end up San Antonio as Pop replacement and watch him have more success there then here

He was Booted from College due to not being very good, not because he was a Bad Boy. His Mizzou teams were ranked high a d always underachieved in March. He improved learning under Pop and if Jazz fire him expect him to end up San Antonio as Pop replacement and watch him have more success there then here
I would consider having a Missouri player choking coeds pretty egregious and then lying about it when confronted that the President of the Junior College said he had told Quin not to recruit the player as the player had done the same thing at the junior college and had been banned from campus. Unfortunately for Quin the juco president had the receipts. I was stunned when the Miller family hired him. I guess they don't do background checks in Utah.

Get a new coach who will bring a new energy is mandatory. The situation of the players can be discuss next but the first step is to change the coach. I still believe this team well coaching can be much better.
This. The thing is that I don't think Snyder is a bad coach at all. It's just time for something new, like the way the Warriors made progress under Mark Jackson but became a juggernaut under
Steve Kerr. Doug Collins was always a good coach, but the Bulls didn't win rings until Phil Jackson showed up. Sometimes you just need a different guy in charge.

Now that I've had a day to digest everything, I'm leaning more toward Quin being back next season. I think Quin and Donovan are back, and Rudy, Conley and a few others are gone.

Go younger. Ime Udoka is a prime example that younger coaches are more bred for the current NBA culture. I'd love a coach that isn't afraid to experiment, and isn't a walking cliche FOR ONCE.

I’m disappointed, this article says that Zanik says the decision is Snyder’s to make. I mean I doubt very much that the Lakers are still interested after their cast-off assistant coach beat us first round.

What has Quin accomplished to prove he's a good coach? It's blindingly obvious he sucks at winning games of any importance, regular or post-season. He's a playoff choke-artist. We had the best record in the NBA and choked it away. The buck stops with the coach.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Quinn isn’t going anywhere. I think the jazz are too loyal to fire him. Whether they should or not? It’s hard to say…perhaps admittedly I even grow too fond of players and coaches that should probably go.

However, I still think a bigger factor to losing in the playoffs time and time again is building around a center without much of an offensive game. That will never work. Not in todays nba. To me, that’s a bigger factor to us losing than the coach. We either need a full rebuild or a rebuild around Donovan with no attachments to anyone else.