What's new

The Official: Swallow your pride front office and trade Conley for Love

no, we just need to get rid of Conley's contract for anything at this point so we put up a good offer for jerami grant this offseason. he could at least elevate our defense to championship level.

The only Conley trade I've seen that makes any type of sense is the one for CP3.

Love does not make us better.

You don't trade a player who has proven he can play at an all star level in the past for bench pieces if you are truly trying to compete for a championship either. A move like that lowers your ceiling.

The only Conley trade I've seen that makes any type of sense is the one for CP3.

Love does not make us better.

You don't trade a player who has proven he can play at an all star level in the past for bench pieces if you are truly trying to compete for a championship either. A move like that lowers your ceiling.

I’m tired of hearing how Conley can play at an allstar level. When? I haven’t seen him play near an allstar level as long as I’ve seen him in a Jazz uniform.

it’s nearly February and it’s a legitimate argument on whether Conley is better than Mudiay.

I’m tired of hearing how Conley can play at an allstar level. When? I haven’t seen him play near an allstar level as long as I’ve seen him in a Jazz uniform.

it’s nearly February and it’s a legitimate argument on whether Conley is better than Mudiay.

Again you're not reading my post. I said that he has played at an all star level in the PAST.

Winning a championship is all about giving yourself the best odds possible.

Let's say you need a player who can give you 15 minutes a night in a big playoff series. Which option gives you the better chance of winning.... a player who *CAN* play at an all star level or a player who cant? It's a pretty simple answer.

If we are legitimately trying to contend we don't trade Conley for bench pieces. Doesn't matter how bad he's playing. Lowering your potential ceiling is not the way to a chip.

Now if we can actually get a better player like CP3, that's a different story.

Again you're not reading my post. I said that he has played at an all star level in the PAST.

Winning a championship is all about giving yourself the best odds possible.

Let's say you need a player who can give you 15 minutes a night in a big playoff series. Which option gives you the better chance of winning.... a player who *CAN* play at an all star level or a player who cant? It's a pretty simple answer.

If we are legitimately trying to contend we don't trade Conley for bench pieces. Doesn't matter how bad he's playing. Lowering your potential ceiling is not the way to a chip.

Now if we can actually get a better player like CP3, that's a different story.

No. I read it. When in the past was he playing at an allstar level? How far back are you going to go to justify his roster spot? And how does he give us the best chance to win a championship when it’s a legitimate argument whether he’s better than 3rd string Mudiay on a minimum salary?

Mitchell is better than Conley. Clarkson is better than Conley. And one could argue whether Mudiay is better than Conley. Right now, Conley might be our worst guard yet he’s paid the most and you claim he’s our best shot at winning a championship? Why? Because he was an all-star at some point in his career?

i'd try to flip conley for better perimeter defenders.

the thing with having royce as our best perimeter defender is that he really is just a utility player who can provide some switch defense.

he has the length of a guard but the size/strength of a forward, which is both a plus and a minus.

his 6'4 allows him to stay low on his defensive stance and maintain a good lateral quickness to keep up with most guards in this league, and his 230lbs bulk allows him to muscle with most forwards.

but with his 230lbs weight, he's lost the quickness required to keep up with elite guards like beal or derozan, and his lack of height would allow most elite forwards like ingram or AD to simply shoot over him without seeing much resistance.

jack of all trades expert at none pretty much sums it up for Royce as a defender overall. we need to have better options on defense if we wanna go deeper in the playoffs.

no, we just need to get rid of Conley's contract for anything at this point so we put up a good offer for jerami grant this offseason. he could at least elevate our defense to championship level.

Grant is pretty good. It took Denver one 1st rounder right?. Damn.

No. I read it. When in the past was he playing at an allstar level? How far back are you going to go to justify his roster spot? And how does he give us the best chance to win a championship when it’s a legitimate argument whether he’s better than 3rd string Mudiay on a minimum salary?

Mitchell is better than Conley. Clarkson is better than Conley. And one could argue whether Mudiay is better than Conley. Right now, Conley might be our worst guard yet he’s paid the most and you claim he’s our best shot at winning a championship? Why? Because he was an all-star at some point in his career?

He was literally playing at an all star level just last season.

You obviously don't get the point so I'm not going to go in circles.

Let's be real. Carmello is closer to what we thought Conley was going to be. That's really the sad truth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
and melo was a real all-star with better track records than conley in playoffs.

probably a better option if we want someone to be the "difference maker" comes playoffs.