What's new

The Queen is dead.

Family was on the way. She's not passed yet apparently, but the crews over at BBC have apparently been subtlety changing into black and the doctors are "very concerned." Guessing she and Betty White are finally going to have it out for the soul of the galaxy. May God have mercy on us all.

Due seriousness though, peace to her and their family.

giphy.gif

I feel like this is how she has been for so long, like she would live forever. Truly the greatest and longest rule likely in all of English history. Lead them through the most traumatic experiences and wild upheaval the country had ever seen. Maneuvering through the 20th century and into the 21st was not easy for anyone, and she did it with grace and aplomb. May she find peace and her family comfort and joy in her great accomplishments. Hate her or love her you have to admit the influence she had not just on Great Britain but on the world.

Family was on the way. She's not passed yet apparently, but the crews over at BBC have apparently been subtlety changing into black and the doctors are "very concerned." Guessing she and Betty White are finally going to have it out for the soul of the galaxy. May God have mercy on us all.

Due seriousness though, peace to her and their family.

Hopefully she can hang on for a few more weeks, we'll likely get a few official days of morning, i could use some public holidays when the weather is a little better.

giphy.gif

I feel like this is how she has been for so long, like she would live forever. Truly the greatest and longest rule likely in all of English history. Lead them through the most traumatic experiences and wild upheaval the country had ever seen. Maneuvering through the 20th century and into the 21st was not easy for anyone, and she did it with grace and aplomb. May she find peace and her family comfort and joy in her great accomplishments. Hate her or love her you have to admit the influence she had not just on Great Britain but on the world.

**** her, she's a German anyway.

You have weird sexual preferences.

Funnily enough one of the blokes I used to work with was a Welsh guard, fought in the Falkland's as a teenager and did his 20 guarding the Queen. The old Kraut went to some weird joints, Taffy told us about doing guard duty in the Artic and all manner of other crap. One of the other lads for a **** stir said to him "Hey taffy when you were guarding the Queen, did you ever think of pulling her frock off bending her over and giving her a seeing to?" Taffy turned and said, "i love the Queen, I'd die for her, never speak to me again." He never said another word to the bloke until he retired like 18 months later.

She has passed on.

LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II, the world’s longest-serving monarch, whose broadly popular seven-decade reign survived tectonic shifts in Britain’s post-imperial society and weathered successive challenges posed by the romantic choices, missteps and imbroglios of her descendants, died on Thursday at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, her summer retreat. She was 96.

“The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Wheedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon. His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.”
― Terry Pratchett, Mort

You gotta love how she stubbornly lived so long just to lord it over us commoners. Most people over the age of 70 can't wait to die and be released from this life of suffering, while this hag hung on for so long just to taunt us. Look at me, dying in one of my many castles.

Any reasonable person would've died long ago, if nothing else, out of a sense of decorum and common decency. 96! And she enjoyed living to that age, too. The royals aren't like you and me, friends.