What's new

The R.I.P. Thread

gandalfe

A thread for those media, political, scientific, and sports figures who have passed away. Not the really big ones who will get their own threads, maybe, but the smaller names who impacted us nonetheless.

The ones that gave my heart a ping:

Lari White (country singer)
John Mahoney (actor)
David Ogden Stiers (actor)
Margot Kidder (actor)
Burt Reynolds (actor)
Stan Lee (genius)
William Goldman (author/screenwriter)
Penny Marshall (actor)
Roy Clark (actor/singer)

The ones that gave my heart a ping:

Lari White (country singer)
John Mahoney (actor)
David Ogden Stiers (actor)
Margot Kidder (actor)
Burt Reynolds (actor)
Stan Lee (genius)
William Goldman (author/screenwriter)
Penny Marshall (actor)
Roy Clark (actor/singer)
Good list.

I would add
Aretha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

One of my favorite actors. He died like 5 years ago, though. Says the F word better than anyone (and more frequently). Everyone always talks about Samuel L. Jackson, but Dennis Farina does it better.

Dennis-Farina.jpg

Snatch and Get Shorty were his best.

RIP me as a Jazz season ticket holder. 150% price increase next year? Just because I'm bereaved doesn't make me a sap!

Wow. From what ticket price to what? Is it across the board or certain seats/certain increase?

Wow. From what ticket price to what? Is it across the board or certain seats/certain increase?

Upper Bowl. From $12 per seat to $30. I was paying about that much a few seasons ago when I was on Row 7 and then they reduced the price to more than half of that for rows 8 and back, so I moved to Row 10. Now I'm going to move to my couch and watch the games instead.

Upper Bowl. From $12 per seat to $30. I was paying about that much a few seasons ago when I was on Row 7 and then they reduced the price to more than half of that for rows 8 and back, so I moved to Row 10. Now I'm going to move to my couch and watch the games instead.
Be sure and buy a green seat.

I have been seeing similar reactions to other has season ticket holders elsewhere on social media.
Fans are pissed. Bad move by the below .500 jazz.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wow, those ticket prices are ridiculous. Bad move on their part if it causes long-time season ticket holders to leave. The product on the floor at this point doesn't justify this move.

Eww. Sounds like the season ticket holders trying to sell on ksl. Been trying to take my kid to a game but $40 each for row 20 uppers? GTFO.