What's new

The Rams are off to LA......

Kroenke must have provided Goodell with cash and hookers to push this one through. The joint San Diego/Oakland proposal was a lot better and had some heavy hitters behind it, including Bob Iger, CEO of Disney. I wonder if there will be any repercussions at ABC/ESPN (also owned by Disney). Iger was going to be a minority owner of one of those teams, IINM. San Diego has the option to also move and negotiate a lease with the Rams. Kroenke owns all the land so its a sweet deal for him as he'll build office and retail space, a hotel, etc.

Wonder what happens with the Raiders now? The Coliseum is a hazard. Will Goodell give Mark Davis a wad of cash to move the team to London? Goodell wants 2 teams in the UK, Maybe he'll do the same with Iger.

Los Angeles Rams does have a nice ring to it... may be that's what tipped the scale.

IINM, Jerry Jones was a major force behind this deal. It came in rather late after the Chargers/Raiders seemed to be in bed together. That really looked like the only two options: Rams by themselves in Inglewood or Chargers/Raiders in Carson. It's karma for the Raiders. Al Davis screwed the NFL for years. Now daddy is dead and the NFL has no fear of Mark bringing frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit against the league.

The Chargers would have to be really insane not to join the Rams at Inglewood at this point wouldn't they? I mean, I'm not a big time business man but even I can see that new stadium/complex is essentially a fountain of cash....

The Chargers would have to be really insane not to join the Rams at Inglewood at this point wouldn't they? I mean, I'm not a big time business man but even I can see that new stadium/complex is essentially a fountain of cash....

From what I understood it would almost be like the Chargers are leasing the Rams stadium and grounds.

If I was an owner I'd want my own place. I wouldn't even want to share a city with another team in the same sport.

From what I understood it would almost be like the Chargers are leasing the Rams stadium and grounds.

If I was an owner I'd want my own place. I wouldn't even want to share a city with another team in the same sport.

OH ok I thought they would be equal partnership with the Rams... do you know why the Rams are given so much under this deal?

OH ok I thought they would be equal partnership with the Rams... do you know why the Rams are given so much under this deal?

No clue. I could be wrong on the whole lease thing, just what I read.

Here's what's going to happen next.....Chargers to Los Angeles.....Raiders to Utah in '17. Not really, I'm predicting whatever team doesn't end up in L.A. ends up in Vegas eventually. All this Fan Duel/Draft Kings acceptance by the NFL seems to be leading there.

Last edited:
Here's what's going to happen next.....Chargers to Los Angeles.....Raiders to Utah in '17. Not really, I'm predicting whatever team doesn't end up in L.A. ends up in Vegas eventually. All this Fan Duel/Draft Kings acceptance by the NFL seems to be leading there.

Utah Raiders is vile. I'd never root for the raiders. Even if they were in Utah.

Utah Raiders is vile. I'd never root for the raiders. Even if they were in Utah.

Haha. There would be that aspect....really the worst team that could ever potentially move to Utah just because of all the Bronco/49er fans around. And....the whole gangster image/culture that kind of goes hand-in-hand with the Raiders. Probably would need a rebranding......

Haha. There would be that aspect....really the worst team that could ever potentially move to Utah just because of all the Bronco/49er fans around. And....the whole gangster image/culture that kind of goes hand-in-hand with the Raiders. Probably would need a rebranding......

I just wanna say I like your avatar. Don't know rats about football.