What's new

The Sleeping Beauty (Thee/YoungJefe) problem

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
The condensed version:
You put Sleeping Beauty to sleep bwfore the lottery, and flip a fair coin. If it lands heads, you wake her up on a day @Thee Idiotic Minivan K ****s up the lottery by making a thread, ask them the question (stated below), put them to sleep, and wake them the next day when @YoungJefe ****s our chances by making a thread. If tails, you wake them on Thee’s day, put them to sleep, wake them YoungJefe’s day, put them to sleep, and then wake them on lottery day, choosing between Thee or YoungJefe’s day to ask the question. When Sleeping Beauty wakes up, she will have no memory of whether she’s been woken previously, is not told the results of the coin flip, nor told what day it is. She is asked for the probability that the coin showed heads.

As you may note from the scare quotes, I think the answer is obvious, and nor for any reasoning presented in the article from SA. I'll put my solution in spoiler tags in the next comment.

Answer:

They both ****ed it up. Hard. Each one is responsible for 250% of us not moving up in the lottery.

The condensed version:
You put Sleeping Beauty to sleep bwfore the lottery, and flip a fair coin. If it lands heads, you wake her up on a day @Thee Idiotic Minivan K ****s up the lottery by making a thread, ask them the question (stated below), put them to sleep, and wake them the next day when @YoungJefe ****s our chances by making a thread. If tails, you wake them on Thee’s day, put them to sleep, wake them YoungJefe’s day, put them to sleep, and then wake them on lottery day, choosing between Thee or YoungJefe’s day to ask the question. When Sleeping Beauty wakes up, she will have no memory of whether she’s been woken previously, is not told the results of the coin flip, nor told what day it is. She is asked for the probability that the coin showed heads.

As you may note from the scare quotes, I think the answer is obvious, and nor for any reasoning presented in the article from SA. I'll put my solution in spoiler tags in the next comment.

Answer:

They both ****ed it up. Hard. Each one is responsible for 250% of us not moving up in the lottery.
Idiot!! It was the churro worshiping idiots that infected my thread. Go wake your own *** up!!

I might be done with the nba. The same teams always seem to get ahead. The spurs now with multiple generational players drafted at #1 in their history. Such ********. If Danny can somehow get a return on our assets and get us a championship it will be nothing short of a miracle.

I guess it was worth it for a few fun games. Just proves that working hard never pays off!

All the ancient churro talk messed things up. We were doing fine before that got dragged back out of the sewer. More proof the only thing the churro produces is substandard results.

I might be done with the nba. The same teams always seem to get ahead. The spurs now with multiple generational players drafted at #1 in their history. Such ********. If Danny can somehow get a return on our assets and get us a championship it will be nothing short of a miracle.

I guess it was worth it for a few fun games. Just proves that working hard never pays off!
Lmao. The Jazz have a good a chance as anyone in the next 10 years to win a ring. It won't take a miracle, just good moves.