What's new

The Something-ish Annual NFL Survival Pool for 2016

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
So yeah, I realized that football season is starting soon and I forgot about this. The nice thing about being a sorta new father is I can blame the kid on me forgetting this and my lack of posting lately and everything else.

So I apologize in advance for this being late, and it may turn out to be a bust if not many people sign up. But there are still like 5 days until most of the games start so there is that. Hopefully at least 10 or so can sign up.

I totally forgot who last year's champ was since I haven't done my research and because I'm like forgetful about things. I'm sure I can look it up later but I wanted to get this out there now that I've thought about it. Actually, now that I think about it last year's was comical since I think everyone got booted out on the 2nd week or something. Hopefully things are better this year.

Anyways, a Survival Pool is probably the easiest sort of NFL game you can play. The rules basically are you pick one team to win a game that week. No point spread or anything like that, just if that team will win. Once you pick a team you can't pick them again (or everyone would pick the Patriots or something every week), so the strategy is really not using your heavyweights at the beginning.

Here's a link to sign up:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/

So just select "Join Group" and enter the below:

The group ID is 18633
The password is favors

Good ol Derrick has been here as long as I've run this, so I keep the password the same.

Last edited:
Didn't know you are a new father. Congrats!

It won't let me in - says I'm not a member of this group. I'm hurt.

This is an outrage. I'm looking into it.

Oh, it's because I'm a dumbass and put up the wrong link. I'll fix that.

And here's a pic of me and him at Toys R Us a few days ago. It's he adorable (the answer is yes!).

14068065_10206459650521632_3265250751775700228_n.jpg

(it's one of those where you have to click the pic to get it more than thumbnail size)

This is an outrage. I'm looking into it.

Oh, it's because I'm a dumbass and put up the wrong link. I'll fix that.

And here's a pic of me and him at Toys R Us a few days ago. It's he adorable (the answer is yes!).

View attachment 4934

(it's one of those where you have to click the pic to get it more than thumbnail size)

He is adorable! Good job.

think it's kind of lame you can only pick one week at a time, i don't know if it's always been like that on yahoo but on espn you can do it all at once.

think it's kind of lame you can only pick one week at a time, i don't know if it's always been like that on yahoo but on espn you can do it all at once.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that's the case either. Seems like it would be easy enough to do, though this is the quickest thing in the world I guess to do each week. But yeah, it would be a good option.

Time to unstick this. Thanks for playing all. And you'll have one less person to deal with after today, as I foolishly picked the Chiefs and they are getting worked now. Sigh.

EDIT: Might have spoke too soon. That's the NFL for you.

Last edited: