What's new

The story behind the Utah Jazz’s front-office shake-up, and why it happened now

So I take it some of the more interesting player moves were orchestrated by DL and Quin may not have had any input or if he did DL went opposite what Quin desired.

Um..... that’s an awful lot of revelations. It almost smells fishy to be given all these details out of nowhere.

Imma go take a few deep breaths.

Um..... that’s an awful lot of revelations. It almost smells fishy to be given all these details out of nowhere.

Imma go take a few deep breaths.
Article came out a few days ago. Here is why we are getting details (when we normally get none)... a couple heads have rolled... so now people are trying to kick blame over to the other party's court.

My favorite part was the scouting department saying "Udoka... yeah that **** is 100% on Dennis.... we all said no".

My least favorite part is that they have been on bad terms for a long time... so now I'm wondering what guys we could have gone after had these two been coordinating. I also wonder if DL is like "**** you Quin... you need depth... how about you enjoy Oni, Brantley, Thomas, Morgan, Forrest, Hughes, and Doke... you want a vet... I'll get you the vetiest of vets that ever vetted... enjoy creeky old Ersan. "

I mean, it’s obvious the source is Fredman, right?

Guy was like, “fire me after 42 years? Hell ya I’m airing the dirty laundry from the last few seasons.”

Well played, Fred. Well played. And honestly, I would have let the Jazz lifer retire on his terms were I Smith. I would have trimmed elsewhere.

Article came out a few days ago. Here is why we are getting details (when we normally get none)... a couple heads have rolled... so now people are trying to kick blame over to the other party's court.

My favorite part was the scouting department saying "Udoka... yeah that **** is 100% on Dennis.... we all said no".

My least favorite part is that they have been on bad terms for a long time... so now I'm wondering what guys we could have gone after had these two been coordinating. I also wonder if DL is like "**** you Quin... you need depth... how about you enjoy Oni, Brantley, Thomas, Morgan, Forrest, Hughes, and Doke... you want a vet... I'll get you the vetiest of vets that ever vetted... enjoy creeky old Ersan. "
The whole Udoka thing and “professionals don’t make mistakes” and “lol he’s GM he knows more than you.” Well, all the other guys are professionals too… and they disagreed with him. How ‘bout them apples?

Well played, Fred. Well played. And honestly, I would have let the Jazz lifer retire on his terms were I Smith. I would have trimmed elsewhere.
Yeah, this one’s odd. Who’s next? Booner?

Guy was like, “fire me after 42 years? Hell ya I’m airing the dirty laundry from the last few seasons.”

For some of it... but I think multiple sources are talking. I think there are pretty damning things for both the coach and the FO. Everyone tryin to cover they ***.

Fred should have been canned 4-5 years ago when he dared challenge me at summer league on whether or not Bolomboy was going to get cut.

My guess is they approached him about retiring, he clearly wasn’t ready to be done, and then they decided not to renew his contract. He then says “fuuuuuck this, I was a loyal ho for 42 years and this is how you do me, I am telling everyone about Dennis and Quin.”
And I am not sure what a “Director of Pro Player Personnel” does, but it sure sounds like someone that would be the go between the GM and coach on issues of the type identified in the article.

And I am not sure what a “Director of Pro Player Personnel” does, but it sure sounds like someone that would be the go between the GM and coach on issues of the type identified in the article.
I think it means he gets a Jazz polo shirt and loses arguments with moron Jazz fans in the crowds at summer league.

It just feels like it confirms ALL the suspicions. Like, when does something break open ... and do that?