What's new

The Sweet Science: Boxing

Doubt they would get paid multi millions of dollars for single fights if that would be the case.
Well, let's see how many people comment about this fury fight (whoever that is).
I'm guessing it will be less than 5.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So... you guys agreed the Wilder vs Fury should have been a draw?

I kinda agree. Just so hard to say who wins. Fury won the first half of the fight, but Wilder came back strong.

Their both losers in that fight. That fight exposed beyond a shadow of a doubt that neither guy has a snowflakes chance in hell vs Anthony Joshua...

I don't think many people adore boxing anymore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
It's a poor peoples sport and here in the US the sports audience is mostly middle-class. Plus Americans as a whole are getting worse and worse at Boxing, which does major damage..

If the best boxer in the united states was some kid from Utah there'd be 100page thread on him here...But there isn't, so there's not.

I also believe that people are just more bloodthirsty these days, casual boxing observers are pretty much like the people who watch NASCAR and root for the crashes, they aren't concerned with the sport of it all, they just want carnage and a spectacle to point and stare at.

Their both losers in that fight. That fight exposed beyond a shadow of a doubt that neither guy has a snowflakes chance in hell vs Anthony Joshua...
So what did you think of the fight though? For me it was one of the most exciting fights I've seen in a long time.

So what did you think of the fight though? For me it was one of the most exciting fights I've seen in a long time.
Well I mean, thats a two-part answer for me because it goes to decision.

I thought the fight was highly entertaining and heavyweights is what people want to see, and that fight delivered bigtme. I'm not really a big fan of Wilder or Fury tbh, that fight demonstrates what they can look like at their best though. Those dudes got tons of heart, and people respond to that...

Wilder is able to summon Julian Jackson style bombs outa nowhere, he plays the role of a wounded/cornered animal as well as anyone. His comeback reminded me of the fight vs Chris Arreola where he won it with a broken arm... He's sloppy though, and I don't care for it, I wonder if Dillan Whyte could've shown similarly or better vs Fury tbh.

Fury was Fury, thats the fighter who turned the Klitschko fight into an exhibition. I went thru round by round and I thought Fury won that fight. As all that craziness was unfolding at the end, during all the final rounds I couldn't help but think "they are gonna try their hardest to call this a draw to drum up another fight...." and thats what happened.

thats really the 2nd part to the answer. What did I think of the scoring? I didn't agree. I don't see how a judge can give that 4th round to Wilder.... and that alone sways the decision.

Ultimately though for them to keep fighting is best. Today it was announced Wilder-Fury 2 is definitely on for 2019.

Anthony Joshua is head-and-shoulders above the competition and it's in everyones(pockets) best interest for them to slowly let the public realize this.

I apologize. You’ve been very critical of Eikder throughout this thread.

Though you may have gone back and edited comments. Hmmmm...
The way I see it; there's very little reason to trust American heavyweights.. there's WAY too much at stake for the promotional entities to (A) hype them and try to fast-track them way before their ready or (B) the more common one is just line them up vs cab drivers and pizza delivery guys and just string that along indefinitely and use the hype machine to create what I like to call a Wizard of Oz type situation, which ofc results in an artificially inflated cash cow of sorts....

"The fight game" is just a different animal, when things are as negotiable as they apparently are it allows for MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FLUFF... Look at the quality of the opponents Wilder has faced, u can't fool me that easy.. I dislike hearing him speak because i hear convoluted ********, it seems to me like thats where he's trying to make in-roads and drum up the $$$, to me thats not what this is about, im a bit of a purist..

His weight is something that I don't trust either, 212 lbs at 6'7", there's just something off to me about that. Thats like a Small-forward, not a heavyweight...

He's an ex-bouncer.. I'm 31 now but I've seen plenty of the old impressive heavies in their primes and Wilder just to me isn't even close. Someone like Ken Norton in his prime would wipe the floor with him..

Everyone knows the Jab is the best punch in boxing and it's the best reason none of these heavies has a chance against Joshua (amongnst several other very good reasons tbh..)

Last edited:
If you want a sneak peak at the future of boxing, January 11th on Showtime, Devin "The Dream" Haney (just turned 20 weeks ago) vs Xolisani Ndongeni

This kid doesn't just win these fights he beats the **** out his opponents, every round... there's no doubt in my mind that he is already one of the most dangerous lightweights on the planet. His style is spectacular it's almost like a young Roy Jones Jr type of deal, he's seems considerably over-equipped for the job..

Last edited:
Adonis Stevenson remains in a coma after his bout with Govodzyk... The outlook seems grim... Hope he recovers...

Floyd Mayweather absolutely abused the Japanese kickboxer LOL. It lasted all of 4 mins and their corner threw in the towel. Floyd had 3 knockdowns already.

He got paid over $80MM for this so thats about $20MM per minute...