What's new

The Utah Jazz will extend G/F Joe Ingles a qualifying offer...

According to T.Jones on twittter, the Jazz expect Ingles to draw significant interest in the FA market.

The good thing is that the max offer he can receive is the MLE, as far as I know. Or do I have this one wrong?

3/10 or 3/15 with the upcoming cap is doable. I don't think they pursue many FA's this summer so they should have the room for this. He'll be the 4th wing in the rotation. They are not signing another wing. I'd be surprised if they went after anybody but space filler at this point.
As others have said and I'm going to borrow it let the cake bake.
I believe if the Jazz do go after a wing player it will be because they don't believe in Burks. In that case Jingles still stays as a 4th wing and Burks is moved. He makes to much to be a 3rd or 4th wing off of the bench if they sign Carroll or one of the other big name wings that are available.

The good thing is that the max offer he can receive is the MLE, as far as I know. Or do I have this one wrong?
That's not quite right, although it won't make any difference with Joe. If someone signs him for the MLE+, the Jazz will just let him go.

The first season of the offer sheet is limited to the MLE, the second year can have at most a 4.5% increase over the first year salary. The salary in the third (and subsequent year, if applicable) can jump considerably, as was the case with both the Asik and Lin offer sheets with Houston. Here's a full explanation from Larry Coon's FAQ: LINK

Not yet July 1st and it would appear like the Jazz are finished with the roster. Only possible thing could be a move with Trey. Honestly I'm OK with it, we've got young guys two deep at every position and we're winning.

3/10 or 3/15 with the upcoming cap is doable. I don't think they pursue many FA's this summer so they should have the room for this. He'll be the 4th wing in the rotation. They are not signing another wing. I'd be surprised if they went after anybody but space filler at this point.
As others have said and I'm going to borrow it let the cake bake.
I believe if the Jazz do go after a wing player it will be because they don't believe in Burks. In that case Jingles still stays as a 4th wing and Burks is moved. He makes to much to be a 3rd or 4th wing off of the bench if they sign Carroll or one of the other big name wings that are available.

3/15 for Joe ****ing Ingles? Come on.

This FO is too smart to break the bank over someone like Jingle All the Way. Unless you're a dummy with a red bar under your name, you would realize that.

We picked Joe up off of waivers, right? Otherwise he would have had that second year team option that we got on all of our D Leaguers, no? Friggen' Clippers. . .

Okay that's probably too much. But would you be okay with 3/9-10?

I can live with that. Isn't Booker on a 5m/y contract, and everyone keeps talking about the possibility of him being let go? I think Booker is a more valuable player than Ingles.

I can live with that. Isn't Booker on a 5m/y contract, and everyone keeps talking about the possibility of him being let go? I think Booker is a more valuable player than Ingles.
Booker is more valuable. But was he before he signed the contract? I'm less sure about that.

Jazz just need to tell everyone they intend to match any offer for Slo-Mo. He and Millsap are good enough for our 4th and 5th wings. It still comes down to our PG rotation.

As for value, Ingles was a street FA. I'd give him no more than 3/$10M - and even that might be too much. But he is a glue guy, and babysitters for big boys (Dante) don't come cheap. Besides, I love to see him trash-talking with other wings. I'd pay good money to hear what he's saying!

Tell everyone we intend to match so they sign him to a deal worth more than they would normally cuz they know we will match?

Smart.

Actually, tell Joe that we really like him, but can't go over 3 years, $6 million. When some team swoops in and offer 3 years, $9/10 million. . . sit on it for 3 days. . . and then match the deal. I'd say that's about the max he'll get and likely what the Jazz would match to keep him.

Hopefully, their own free agency issues have been dealt with. That way, if they decide to play close to the cap, they can match the contract and go over without losing whatever outside targets they're chasing.