What's new

The Wheel model: An End to Tanking?

It seems to me as if small market teams could still get the shaft with this model. But I'm still reading some opinions.

I think this would be a good draft method if every franchise was equal. I don't like a system that provides the Lakers as good of draft picks as the Bobcats.

This model focuses so much on free agency, where big market teams score. Also give the players and agents a huge amount of power.

It might make players in college dodge certain groups of teams that are in the top 6 by staying longer.

I think that's a pretty big deal for us. Unless someone can fix that, Im not sure I like the idea.

It might make players in college dodge certain groups of teams that are in the top 6 by staying longer.

I think that's a pretty big deal for us. Unless someone can fix that, Im not sure I like the idea.

Simple fix. Force players to do 4 years of college. If you need a college degree from most jobs that pay over 50k, surely you should have to finish college to get paid millions a year.

I didn't think of that. I'm liking this idea less and less.

Dang that's right. It would shift power to players. And players would probably rather not end up in places like Utah. Thumbs down.

They would have to put it in the next CBA, but they could just make all/any players eligible for drafting one year after their high school graduation. Or age equivalent.

In baseball they can draft you whether you put your name in the draft or not.

Simple fix. Force players to do 4 years of college. If you need a college degree from most jobs that pay over 50k, surely you should have to finish college to get paid millions a year.

Eww. Just ****ing ewww.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe