What's new

The Wheel of Time (Amazon)

Yea, the show hasn't revealed anything about them. They're introduced in Book 2.
Oh, Fish has read some of the books. I took his comment as an indication that despite reading the books he didn't recognize who they are.

The episode wasn't bad but I can't help but feel that it could have been better. I understand the need to put everyone in action and an overarching plot and a big battle for the first season but the show went way over with that.

Kinda surprised that they seperated everyone. Could mean they are rushing character development.

So was this season meant to loosely follow the story of the first book?

Season finale was better the 2nd time I watched it.
Sets up some interesting stuff for season 2.
More people liked it than I expected after watching it. I thought it was tense and was good overall with some questionable scenes.

Watching I realized how hard it's going to be adapt the whole series and I think they will cut tons of stuff to finish it in 5-6 seasons. The series needs to be 10 episodes in future seasons, though. They did well to include mundane dialogues and worldbuilding scenes and series had some time to breathe but some things went unexplained and were plot-holey.

Overall I liked the season 1, hopefully it gets better and better!

Rumor on the street is that it is mapped out as 8 seasons worth of material, with 8 episodes per season.

ALSO

In case anyone is interested in seeing some good quality non-reader reactions to the episodes, check out Everyday Negroes reaction videos to the different episodes of Wheel of Time. It’s quite fun to watch their reactions as certain things happen, and they have some good and insightful discussion on what you see happening, what could be coming, theories about specific characters, etc. Just a lot of fun to watch.

Incidentally, they have a lot of reaction videos on a lot of different shows (including Witcher). If you have high interest in a particular show, you might enjoy watching their reaction videos.

Here’s their first reaction video for the first episode of Wheel of Time.

When is the next season due out?