What's new

theringer.com: Gordon Hayward and Kobe Bryant

Sadly ya can't teach this.. Not at a translatable level to the highest echelons of competition(PLAYOFFS) -- You've either got it or ya don't.

Thats why Michael Porter Jr. is gonna be better than Hayward -- He's got the juice naturally.

the "Alpha" cliche's are totally over used in sports, you can also have an "omega wolf" attitude and have the juice too --- Haywards not that either, it's not really his fault, he's a great player - these things are more nurture than nature IMO but they've gotta be molded early..

uh...ok

Does anyone have a running list of players PGAB said would be better than Hayward, it has to be pretty long.

Sadly ya can't teach this.. Not at a translatable level to the highest degrees of competition(PLAYOFFS) -- You've either got it or ya don't.

Thats why Michael Porter Jr. is gonna be better than Hayward -- He's got the juice naturally.

the "Alpha" cliche's are totally over used in sports, you can also have an "omega wolf" attitude and have the juice too --- Haywards not that either, it's not really his fault, he's a great player - these things are more nurture than nature IMO.
Completely disagree. Attitudes, personalities and abilities on the basketball court can and do change. There are lots and lots of examples. Also the alpha and whatever other made up silly term people have is just that, made up and meaningless. People said that Hayward can't be a number 1 on a good playoff team. Well guess what, he is right now. He is the team leader and our best player and we are a pretty good team with him as our #1. Yes he needs a good cast around him since he isn't as good as the Kobe, Jordans, LeBrons or even Durant level players.

Alpha male is just some silly young sales guy type thing to make them feel good and give them fake confidence and let them justify their *** personality.

There's also a late-bloomer v early-bloomer element to the whole spiel I just posted but I'm not gonna get into it now.

(This is one of the reasons players like Jonathan Isaac [or Kristaps Porzingis] need to be followed closely throughout the draft process..)

Completely disagree. Attitudes, personalities and abilities on the basketball court can and do change. There are lots and lots of examples. Also the alpha and whatever other made up silly term people have is just that, made up and meaningless. People said that Hayward can't be a number 1 on a good playoff team. Well guess what, he is right now. He is the team leader and our best player and we are a pretty good team with him as our #1. Yes he needs a good cast around him since he isn't as good as the Kobe, Jordans, LeBrons or even Durant level players.

Alpha male is just some silly young sales guy type thing to make them feel good and give them fake confidence and let them justify their *** personality.

Since the beginning of my Jazzfanz career I've said "This guy isn't Derek Jeter"

I posted the highest echelons of competition --- lets not overlook that qualifier.... Lets see how Hayward does in the playoffs vs Golden State, Spurs and Rockets... I'll bump this thread for sure..

Lets not forget we just watched the MVP get punked in the finals!!! U're crazy if ya don't think that can happen to Hayward.

People here are so hypercritical about everything, I can't possibly be the only one who see's this.

[MENTION=181]Ron Mexico[/MENTION] do you watch fight sports? There's so many athletes who can't be taught this even if their *** is on the line.

[MENTION=181]Ron Mexico[/MENTION] do you watch fight sports? There's so many athletes who can't be taught this even if their *** is on the line.

I do. I also trained athletes at a UFC fighting gym for a couple years and still train a few fighters now and then.

Sadly ya can't teach this.. Not at a translatable level to the highest echelons of competition(PLAYOFFS) -- You've either got it or ya don't.

the "Alpha" cliche's are totally over used in sports, you can also have an "omega wolf" attitude and have the juice too --- Haywards not that either, it's not really his fault, he's a great player - these things are more nurture than nature IMO but they've gotta be molded early..

exactly!

This "Alpha dawg" mentality theory has probably torn as many teams apart as it has brought Championships in recent years.

As much as Superstars dominate the NBA, I still believe that in team sports;

The whole (can be) greater than the sum of its parts

Last edited: