What's new

These female announcers are awesome

BENTLEY

I ain’t tryna score any woke points - I hate that **** - but these girls are great. I’ve really enjoy Rowe since she’s been here but the rest of the crew tonight have been really good.

I thought they got so many things wrong. But they are new so maybe its to be expected.

I thought they were excellent. I really appreciated them. Holly got to me a few times, but even she was better.

I don't know who the play x play announcer was, but doesn't anyone around here remember Natalie Williams (the third member of the broadcast)? She's one of the greatest athletes Utah has ever produced:

Watched her play at the only Starzz game I ever attended. She was great!

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Natalie's voice. Had a hard time understanding the other woman, can't think of her name. Mostly I appreciated that they didn't get in the way of the game for me with a lot of banter.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
Ya and to be honest I never really care about the broadcasters. I probably watch more than half our games with the opposing announcers (due to the funky streams I use on my phone) and some are great and some suck really bad and I never really care one way or the other. If the jazz are playing great I enjoy watching the game. If they are playing like crap I dont enjoy it. Regardless of what whoever is announcing is saying.

However, just off the top of my head from tonight.
Announcer was talking about how rudy gay had 8 points in the first quarter. and said it multiple times. It was paschall who had 8 points
On the rudy goaltend that was challenged they were talking about it being a foul on rudy due to him grabbing the jersey. Said that multiple times as well.
A clippers player (maybe hood) got swatted by hernangomez but was complaining about being fouled and they kept talking about how hernangomez block was so clean and the clipper player had no reason to complain when it was obvious that the clipper was complaining that he was fouled by paschall prior to the block.
Bulter threw a great ally oop to gobert. They said it was conley.

There were some more but its not like I was writing them down. Those one just stayed in my brain I guess. Point is, EVERY announcer makes multiple mistakes every game.

Blunk was my favorite of the new people last night but, again, I love Holly Rowe too. Which surprises me, for some reason. I’m plenty critical - more critical, I think, than positive. For example, I’m so glad Harpring is gone and I don’t miss KK one bit. But I really enjoy Rowe’s contributions on the nights she joins Boler and Bailey. I love Thurl. Boler is fine - he has a great voice, but my consistent irritation is when the announcers try so hard - so much so it’s distracting from the game and the athletes. I don’t care about the announcers so I love it when they’re less obtrusive/less fighting for the spotlight. Locke is the most tryhard - that “buy one get one free ****” is the worst. So grating tryhard.

JazzGal is right when she says “I appreciated that they didn’t get in the way of the game for me with a lot of banter.”

Amen, JG. And this is why I still love and miss Steve Brown. That guy was so invisible it was great. Blunk reminded me of “Brownie.”

To each their own. I realize I’m the lone member of the Steve Brown fan club. Boler is fine - he’s just either showing sign of dementia or that this isn’t really his sport. Utah needs a football team for Boler and Alema to cover. They’re kinda square pegs for me when it comes to basketball.

Whatevs, I just really enjoyed the cast last night and it had everything by to do with their style/demeanor and nothing to do with their gender.