What's new

These Jazz Practices Are Making Me Excited.

I'd put my life savings on the under if it were at 41 wins

Nah, games. At 41 games we will be 12-29, and people will already be complaining.

Ah, gotcha. I don't think people will mind the losses as long as the team is fun to watch and they see Quin's style and system being implemented.

We all know you're not capable of predicting less than 69 wins..

You're not my target audience. Sorry.

Long term investors will understand.

Except that pesky part where I predicted 34 wins. About 3-4 times actually. Damnit.

Let's be realistic though. 81-1.

Quin is saying all the right things, in my opinion. But he just won't have anybody out there who can put the team on his back, and pull everybody through moments when things don't go according to plan. Every coach who is regarded as "great" has one or two of these players. Given the composition of our roster, I'd be really happy with about 32 or 33 wins (and, then, some lottery luck).

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];909317 said:
Quin is saying all the right things, in my opinion. But he just won't have anybody out there who can put the team on his back, and pull everybody through moments when things don't go according to plan. Every coach who is regarded as "great" has one or two of these players. Given the composition of our roster, I'd be really happy with about 32 or 33 wins (and, then, some lottery luck).

The man with the size complex speaks the truth.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];909317 said:

Agreed, but:

1. It is going to be fun to see if there is much more talent in this group than we could see under Corbin. How bad was Corbin vs how good is quin? I certainly hope to see considerable improvement among them individually and as a team. Could mean another 5 wins for each of those = 35 wins? that might be too high because the improvements that Quin can bring might take some time to take hold.

2. Hard to see us compete under even the most favorable outlook with someone like Cleveland with LBJ, Kyrie, and Love. Yikes.

All you debbie downers, the season hasn't even started. Jazz 82-0 baby!!!!! I just hope I see improved defense and offense and some small hope that all this young talent will be a championship contender someday. I am predicting 35 wins +/- 3 wins.

Agreed, but:

1. It is going to be fun to see if there is much more talent in this group than we could see under Corbin. How bad was Corbin vs how good is quin? I certainly hope to see considerable improvement among them individually and as a team. Could mean another 5 wins for each of those = 35 wins? that might be too high because the improvements that Quin can bring might take some time to take hold.

2. Hard to see us compete under even the most favorable outlook with someone like Cleveland with LBJ, Kyrie, and Love. Yikes.

I've sipped the koolaid. I'm a believer in teh Quin... I think he's gonna get more out of everybody with his strategies/philosophies. But Corbin wasn't so bad that he was hiding a go-to guy. We haven't had one. We still don't. Like I said, I'd be thrilled with 33 wins.

I like what size said. After the coach hire, draft and FA period I think I said 24 wins. I'm considering 33, but I want to see Quin coach at least a couple of preseason games before I jump in.

Also, 82 games is along season. All the players are happy today, how will they feel at game 56? Trey and Dante is going to have to play out. Alec and Emo Enes could provide dramatic disrupt the team. How will Quin manage 12-14 players when their is no clear lead player?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];909365 said:
I've sipped the koolaid. I'm a believer in teh Quin... I think he's gonna get more out of everybody with his strategies/philosophies. But Corbin wasn't so bad that he was hiding a go-to guy. We haven't had one. We still don't. Like I said, I'd be thrilled with 33 wins.

Maybe Corbin didn't hid a go-to guy, but ultimately stunt the growth of a young player's potential as a go to guy?

Gobert went home with gastric distress at today's practice.

Coach Snyder was present at practice after his wife delivered their baby yesterday night.

There is a decent chance one of our players breaks out big this season. We may have had a star without knowing it. The only reason I think this is possible is how Al and Paul performed on their new teams after leaving a Corbin led Jazz. Al in particular saw a drop in stats after Corbin took over. Granted both player played in the East against inferior teams, but both definitely upped their games after leaving the Jazz.

One of our guys could still break out huge this year.

There is a decent chance one of our players breaks out big this season. We may have had a star without knowing it. The only reason I think this is possible is how Al and Paul performed on their new teams after leaving a Corbin led Jazz. Al in particular saw a drop in stats after Corbin took over. Granted both player played in the East against inferior teams, but both definitely upped their games after leaving the Jazz.

One of our guys could still break out huge this year.

Plausible. Not likely, but possible. Fingers crossed.

Quotes from today!

Quin Snyder said Alec Burks jokingly told him he needs to have more babies so the Jazz have more days off.

Steve Novak said he's been surprised how strong and physical Gordon Hayward has been this camp.

Snyder: Today we saw the ball move better than it has...The most important thing to me is they’re buying into the things we’re trying to do.

Have also heard Dante Exum's defensive ceiling is off the charts. His length, anticipation and height are causing issues in scrimmages

Jazz center Derrick Favors: "I think our team strength is our athleticism, getting up and down the court and just playing freely."

To @ZachLowe_NBA's point, Steve Novak complimented 6-11 F/C Enes Kanter for hitting two 3-pointers in scrimmages during today's practice.

Quin Snyder said he wants Rodney Hood to shoot the ball whenever he's open. Shows the confidence the coach has in his player

Jazz coach Quin Snyder on his young team: "We’ll practice more than most teams over the course of the season, I would imagine."

Trey Burke's ESPN rank is actually his penis length in centimeters. @allthatamar

(from various twitter sources).

Except that pesky part where I predicted 34 wins. About 3-4 times actually. Damnit.

Let's be realistic though. 81-1.
I'm breaking down the schedule currently and I'm seeing 82 wins. So who do you have us losing to? Trap game to the TWolves?