What's new

THEY WERE UP BY 25 ****ING POINTS

14 - 19 threes in the second half. 73.6% from the 3 point line. Maybe 1 of them was actually challenged. Maybe. And we didn't change our strategy. I think Gobert was on the court the entire second half.

Its as if we tried to prove that the earth is flat to Columbus. Insanity.

For all his brilliance, quin Snyder is a fool.

14 - 19 threes in the second half. 73.6% from the 3 point line. Maybe 1 of them was actually challenged. Maybe. And we didn't change our strategy. I think Gobert was on the court the entire second half.

Its as if we tried to prove that the earth is flat to Columbus. Insanity.

For all his brilliance, quin Snyder is a fool.
Quin is a good regular season coach when out-scheming and making adjustments is far from being a major thing but he's **** in the postseason. He can't adjust at all. He's the definition of insanity.

But whatever. He'll be back next year for sure and we'll likely be here again when the team is another easy out in either the first or second round.

Everyone, that game was really sad. The Jazz need a couple longer wings that can defend. Draft one, and then find one via trade. If you can find another via a veteran minimum, that too, but as bad as Rudy was tonight, he cannot guard an open man under the basket and an open man on the 3 point line at the same time. It makes him look bad, and sure he was bad, but 2 guys shouldn’t be wide open or more than one guy isn’t doing his job well. Royce, Bogey, Joe, Mike, and Donovan CANNOT stay in front of their man or play defense. Unfortunately we may lose Mike for nothing, I’d love a sign and trade or something but I don’t feel good about extending Mike with his hamstring issues that might limit us for years to come at age 33 as well. Joe and Bogey are aging, if you could trade them for someone please do it. You’re not going to be able to trade Rudy anyway, but if you fix the perimeter defense with some length/athleticism in any way you can, and a couple guys who don’t just let dudes blow by them and walk into the basket, Rudy won’t fair as badly in these situations. Or hell in some situations give yourself an option to pull Rudy off the ****ing floor which Quin flat out refused to do tonight.

lets not overreact too much. Mitchell and Conley were clearly not 100%, more like 70%. And Gobert was injured after 1st quarter. It seems he could'nt feel his right side after the hip injury, so he was probably like 70% as well. When your top 3 is like that yo arent going to win many game 6s on the road.
If two of these three had been 100%, it could have been a different result.

Having said that, FO is the one that needs to be pulled up. Look at the Clippers role players and their bench strength. We just dont have players with that kind of toughness and big game mentality. Need a stretch 4 who can defend and a stud defensive wing who can shoot the 3.

No. This is something that lives with you for years and years. These types of losses aren't ones you just get over. It's historic and franchise defining, unfortunately.
Yep we are the Utah chokers, up 3-1 to lose up 25 to lose .... We need to clean house and fire DL. Keep only Mitchell and Clarkson

We went up 25 because Clarkson went Godmode and clips missed their shots. 2nd half we collapsed, we didnt defend, we turned the ball over, clarkson got less touches, clips made their shots.

The good thing is our new owners saw the flaws and I expect major changes next season. There is no way we keep the same starting lineup next year

On the one hand, yes. He was following a gameplan where, because nobody could keep their man in front of them (and these aren't even good slashers we're struggling to keep from penetrating, mind you), he stayed in the paint and therefore we got torched on open 3 after open 3 after open 3.

On the other hand, when it came to the things he could control, he was so bad that I'm just finding it hard to summon the motivation to defend him. When penetration *did* occur, there were so many instances where Gobert just half-assed it when contesting. When he *was* closing out, it was a half-assed jog. Sometimes he wasn't even bothering to get his hand up. There was no intensity.

I know some are pointing out to the fact that he took a nasty fall in the 1st quarter, but even before that fall, I was stunned at the mental lapses he was having that led to things like Mann having a put-back dunk over him. His non-chalant, careless turnover when we were up 25 leading to a PG dunk that I keep citing was an inexcuseable mental lapse that had nothing to do with his earlier fall - he was not locked in.

Dude's level of fight was just unforgiveably low in a game so big. He's not the only one at fault, obviously, but wow was this disappointing. He has only himself to blame for the narratives, true or untrue, that this game will surely generate.

About the most shocking playoff loss I can ever recall. Lost a bet with my brother-in law that Jazz would win the championship, but things evened out because I won our bet that a Jazz player would win 6th man of the year award.

Reactions: MVP
That 3rd quarter was totally inexcusable. Everybody has a mountain of blame for it.

Honestly, I’ll probably check-in with the ****ing jazz again about 30 games into next season. I ain’t got time for this **** anymore. I mean... 100s of hours caring about this ****... to watch them play like they have in the second halves of the last two games. Seriously.... self-care has its limits... and the jazz are on the outside, I’m afraid.

Absolute collapse and choke by players and Snyder. When Clippers were cutting into that lead I did not see any urgency, change of game plan, timeouts or anything which would give me hope that they will sustain that lead. Pretty much you can see writing on the wall after each basket Clippers were making that our body language was getting worse and worse and decisions was just to go one one one or hoist quick threes? No attempts to get a layup or draw a free throws to stop the bleeding. Careless passes. Stupid turnovers driving into 2-3 people. List goes on. Snyder did nothing. Totally outcoached by Lue. No Kawhi and we let Mann shoot threes with nobody near him all night long. WTF.

That 3rd quarter was totally inexcusable. Everybody has a mountain of blame for it.

Honestly, I’ll probably check-in with the ****ing jazz again about 30 games into next season. I ain’t got time for this **** anymore. I mean... 100s of hours caring about this ****... to watch them play like they have in the second halves of the last two games. Seriously.... self-care has its limits... and the jazz are on the outside, I’m afraid.
I don't blame anybody that does this.

It's one thing to blow a massive lead in a crucial playoff game. That in and of itself is bad.

But to do it after what happened to them last year? That's unforgiveable.

I don't blame anybody that does this.

It's one thing to blow a massive lead in a crucial playoff game. That in and of itself is bad.

But to do it after what happened to them last year? That's unforgiveable.
Unforgivable is definitely a good term.

I read a stat that prior to last night, the Jazz were something like 232-1 in games they led by 25+ points.

That one loss I'm pretty sure was also under Quin and to the Thunder in the 2018 playoffs.

Personel wasn't the issue. Its how the players we have were used. The playoffs are about scheming and counter scheming. They schemed and we kept doing what worked for us during the regular season, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

If the league has turned into a draw, kick, and shoot threes then isn't the counter to defend the 3 point line and ignore the drive until it gets to the basket?

We asked our personel (Gobert) to guard the three. I still think a bold counter would be 3 or 4 players exclusively guarding the perimeter and NOT asking the leagues best paint protector to leave the paint.

Thats a counter strategy (even if its a bold one) and at the very least, it would force the clippers to trade 3s for 2s. Perhaps they make a bunch of 2s on 15 foot jumpers but they are only worth 2 points. If they hit 14 / 20 elbow jumpersinstead of 14 /19 threes we would have one the game.

Personel? Nope. Strategy? Definitely.

This is only second to The Shot. Everything else below is not even close.
The shot was the worst.

Bruss having lasers pointed into his eyeballs and missing free throws and losing in Rose to Pippen and Rashweed was pretty painful. Remember that? I think that one hurt most because you could feel the window of opportunity finally slam down hard on our fingers. The stockton 2 malone era was going to end without a chip. And it was Jordan’s sidekick who did it to us.

This was stings because it’s so damn embarrassing. I wish the Clippers had led the entire way and closed us out. Instead, we had a huge lead and then completely collapsed. I’ve seen teams choke (kings v lakers and spurs v Heat). But not like this. Not when their best player is gone.

Just embarrassing

The shot was the worst.

Bruss having lasers pointed into his eyeballs and missing free throws and losing in Rose to Pippen and Rashweed was pretty painful. Remember that? I think that one hurt most because you could feel the window of opportunity finally slam down hard on our fingers. The stockton 2 malone era was going to end without a chip. And it was Jordan’s sidekick who did it to us.

This was stings because it’s so damn embarrassing. I wish the Clippers had led the entire way and closed us out. Instead, we had a huge lead and then completely collapsed. I’ve seen teams choke (kings v lakers and spurs v Heat). But not like this. Not when their best player is gone.

Just embarrassing
Agreed. The loss doesn't bother me so much. The way we lost does. Every damn possession in the second half seemed to be Mann in the left corner with rudy by him, clippers start the play on the right side up top, blow by the perimeter defender (who was playing too tight/far out anyway), rudy comes to help, kick out to open 3 point shooter, swish.
Easiest blender ever over and over again.
embarrassing, demoralizing, heartbreaking.